Kazuyasan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kazuyasan
Member since 2004 • 460 Posts

I don't know whether or not this is the same as the Rap/Hip Hop forum on Gamefaqs. I'm using my GS account because my cookies expired and now I can't get into GF for some reason. But anyway, on topic

I just went back and listen to the Only Built 4 Cuban Linx album, and the Liquid Swords album. And my God man, I have never heard such pure and uncut hip hop until then. I mean I heard some tracks off it back in my teenage years. And now it's like Deja Vu. I just wonder, what the hell happened to that style of Hip Hop? Nowadays it's all Fruity Loops and rappers rappin' on Auto Tune hooks and Drum & Base music (Seriously WTF). And also, is the Cuban Linx 2 album any good? I sure hope it lives up to the first one man.

Seriously Wu is crazy. No wonder Tarantino is obsessed with'em, haha.

Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Anti-Venom
Member since 2008 • 5646 Posts
Wu-Tang is the greatest ****in hip-hop group ever. I dont care what anybody says
Kazuyasan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kazuyasan
Member since 2004 • 460 Posts
Word man. Word
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#4 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

Liquid Swords and OBFCL are in my top 20

Liquid Swords is an easy top 10

Prepare for an influx of Liquid Swords hataz (Cough Black Demon, Colt, LM)

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts
OB4CL2 is nowhere near as good as the frist one, but it's still definitely worth checking.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts

I think OB4CL2 is boring, to be quite honest. It doesnt touch the brilliance of the first Cuban Linx.

DaDukies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaDukies
Member since 2003 • 5668 Posts

I think OB4CL2 is boring, to be quite honest. It doesnt touch the brilliance of the first Cuban Linx.

-Halftime-
OB4CL2 has better overall production, IMO but yeah, it's almost impossible for it to be better than the original
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Toriko42
[QUOTE="-Halftime-"]

DaDukies

OB4CL2 has better overall production, IMO

You've really dropped the bomb in a lot of posts as of late...

Whack

Colt45fool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Colt45fool
Member since 2003 • 79297 Posts
[QUOTE="DaDukies"][QUOTE="-Halftime-"]

Toriko42

Whack

You know, I love how the cats like Toriko, and elpooz are saying vets have no clue what they're talking about when it comes to hip hop :lol: Irony...

AfterBurnerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AfterBurnerZ
Member since 2010 • 1304 Posts
[QUOTE="-Halftime-"]

DaDukies

OB4CL2 has better overall production,

iHeartCali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 iHeartCali
Member since 2008 • 6198 Posts
[QUOTE="DaDukies"][QUOTE="-Halftime-"]

Toriko42

Whack

:lol: Seriously....lay off the 6-packs DaDukies
Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Anti-Venom
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="DaDukies"][QUOTE="-Halftime-"]

Colt45fool

Whack

You know, I love how the cats like Toriko, and elpooz are saying vets have no clue what they're talking about when it comes to hip hop :lol: Irony...

Torikos listened to hip-hop for no more then 2 years. that must make him an expert at this rap ****

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Toriko42

It doesn't take more then two years to realize that calling the formulaic production of OBFCLII better then that of OBFCL is whack

In fact it takes one listen of each album. 

Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Anti-Venom

what an amazing observation, your right.

toriko for officer

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Toriko42
I should defs campaign on my platform of defending OBFCL and LS from tha hataz
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts

Besides the Dilla beats and few others the production sucked on that album.

Not to mention besides GZA Raekown is the most boring Wu-Tang member nowadays.... The only ones that are really interesting anymore are Meth and Ghostface.

Avatar image for 189245455704665724390135605497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 189245455704665724390135605497
Member since 2002 • 7742 Posts

Besides the Dilla beats and few others the production sucked on that album. -Halftime-

QFT

Colt45fool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Colt45fool

It doesn't take more then two years to realize that calling the formulaic production of OBFCLII better then that of OBFCL is whack

Toriko42
im not defending what dadukies is saying...im just saying there is TONS of irony in your post
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Toriko42
[QUOTE="Toriko42"]

Colt45fool

im not defending what dadukies is saying...im just saying there is TONS of irony in your post

Really, I don't see the irony in saying something that's right and people agree with

Unless I'm confined to only being a permanent whack-ass source of knowledge in your eyes. Then I might as well just give up now. 

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 elpooz
Member since 2005 • 5883 Posts

There is no irony Toriko... Colt seems to think that him being a "vet" on a rap forum gives his opinion more validity here than ours. Correct me if I'm wrong Colt, but that seems to be what you're saying...

People here generally tend to discredit your opinion when they 1) don't agree with it or 2) it isn't standard enough (not liking the majority of the albums from the Golden Era, for example). I really just ignore it now... it's incoherent and just makes them look conceited and too confident about their opinion/tastes.

I LOVE DJ KHALED ALBUMS. THE SAIGON AND SS TAPE WAS HOT FIRE. CD, BELOW THE HEAVENS, AND PHILLY FREEWAY ARE ALL CLASS1C. 

Oh wait, I forgot, contradicting opinions aren't allowed here. That's funny, seeing as the only way for interesting conversation/discussion to develop would be for people to disagree. It's too bad that whenever people do, everyone acts like they are a middle-schooler (making laughing faces, saying your tastes are wack, making blatant WTFish statements). Clowning is all good, and it's funny to an extent, but it's almost pointless to post here anymore if your opinion differs from the majority of the posters in a thread. No one wants to make a point as to why they disagree with you, but instead insist on turning it into a thread full of people knocking on one person (the new cool thing to do apparently, lol). Like I said, the jokes and what not are all good, but it's been a long time since I've seen someone simply say "Hey, I disagree with your opinion, this is why." There always has to be some immature insult embedded in or there is nothing but a smiley face or there is JUST an insult. You don't have to write a book, but atleast comment on someone's opinion without all the nonsense so there can be some constructive conversation... make a joke if you want, but flaming is just pointless really... no one gets offended and it's usually not funny unless its WGE or Colt, so your not even entertaining anybody really. 

And the whole "this person said something I disagreed with, so all of their opinions are 'wack'" thing is pretty pointless as well. If you didn't agree with it, okay, that doesn't mean that it's a bad opinion and, more importantly, that you should discredit everything they say because of it and the other opinions of theirs you disagree with. 

Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Anti-Venom

bravo elpooz...bravo

*slowly starts clapping*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 189245455704665724390135605497
I realize this is getting played out, but I'm gonna help Colt out and just post his response to Elpooz for him

Clark1.jpg Im picture by mmacbeats

Clark2.jpg Gon picture by mmacbeats

Clark3.jpg Rape u picture by mmacbeats

Colt45fool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Colt45fool
I realize this is getting played out, but I'm gonna help Colt out and just post his response to Elpooz for him

Clark1.jpg Im picture by mmacbeats

Clark2.jpg Gon picture by mmacbeats

Clark3.jpg Rape u picture by mmacbeats

WorstGameEver
i didn't even read what pooz said, but im going to assume this is how i'd feel.
Colt45fool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Colt45fool

There is no irony Toriko... Colt seems to think that him being a "vet" on a rap forum gives his opinion more validity here than ours. Correct me if I'm wrong Colt, but that seems to be what you're saying...

People here generally tend to discredit your opinion when they 1) don't agree with it or 2) it isn't standard enough (not liking the majority of the albums from the Golden Era, for example). I really just ignore it now... it's incoherent and just makes them look conceited and too confident about their opinion/tastes.

I LOVE DJ KHALED ALBUMS. THE SAIGON AND SS TAPE WAS HOT FIRE. CD, BELOW THE HEAVENS, AND PHILLY FREEWAY ARE ALL CLASS1C. 

Oh wait, I forgot, contradicting opinions aren't allowed here. That's funny, seeing as the only way for interesting conversation/discussion to develop would be for people to disagree. It's too bad that whenever people do, everyone acts like they are a middle-schooler (making laughing faces, saying your tastes are wack, making blatant WTFish statements). Clowning is all good, and it's funny to an extent, but it's almost pointless to post here anymore if your opinion differs from the majority of the posters in a thread. No one wants to make a point as to why they disagree with you, but instead insist on turning it into a thread full of people knocking on one person (the new cool thing to do apparently, lol). Like I said, the jokes and what not are all good, but it's been a long time since I've seen someone simply say "Hey, I disagree with your opinion, this is why." There always has to be some immature insult embedded in or there is nothing but a smiley face or there is JUST an insult. You don't have to write a book, but atleast comment on someone's opinion without all the nonsense so there can be some constructive conversation... make a joke if you want, but flaming is just pointless really... no one gets offended and it's usually not funny unless its WGE or Colt, so your not even entertaining anybody really. 

And the whole "this person said something I disagreed with, so all of their opinions are 'wack'" thing is pretty pointless as well. If you didn't agree with it, okay, that doesn't mean that it's a bad opinion and, more importantly, that you should discredit everything they say because of it and the other opinions of theirs you disagree with. 

elpooz
im not sure if this is even directed towards me, considering you just said any of my clowning is funny...and what I was just doing was clowning toriko...

for the record, you're taking this place way too seriously, as usual. i see your point [despite it's contradictions--you don't have to write a book, yet you're writing one, the only people who can clown are wge/colt yet im clowning and you're *****ing, etc.] but the crying isn't any more constructive than me calling you and toriko out for irony.

btw, everyone here gets clowned...EVERYONE. i get clowned on daily basis...toriko just clowned dukies in this thread! lol...if you're going to let it get to you to the point where you're writing books everytime someone clowns then idk what to tell you.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Toriko42

Clowning has a place especially since it seems to be a hallmark of most OTB users but there are times when it gets excessive. We just gotta know limits at times. No limits were crossed in this thread in my opinion.

Poozie does raise some good points though. You guys do often resort to laughing at others at times rather then giving reasons. Not naming names, y'all know. Hasheesh was a good example of that. Always saying inflammatory ish but rarely backing it up. 

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 elpooz

[QUOTE="elpooz"]

Colt45fool
im not sure if this is even directed towards me, considering you just said any of my clowning is funny...and what I was just doing was clowning toriko...

for the record, you're taking this place way too seriously, as usual. i see your point [despite it's contradictions--you don't have to write a book, yet you're writing one, the only people who can clown are wge/colt yet im clowning and you're *****ing, etc.] but the crying isn't any more constructive than me calling you and toriko out for irony.

btw, everyone here gets clowned...EVERYONE. i get clowned on daily basis...toriko just clowned dukies in this thread! lol...if you're going to let it get to you to the point where you're writing books everytime someone clowns then idk what to tell you.

I wasn't calling you out... I only even included you in the beginning because I started by responding to your thing with Toriko. 

I'm not taking it too seriously, though... you're not getting that. I love the comedy of OTB and it's one of the main reasons I look at threads, I just hate that the comedy is ALL there is now. There's so much of it that even when people try to have a good discussion/debate about hip-hop, it ends up with there being too much clowning and huge quote chains of jokes. 

And stop with the whole "you're getting sad over being clowned" argument lol... that is SOOOO played out with you now. I've heard it too many times... I'm not upset about getting clowned, I was just commenting on the clowning in general and how much it prevents good discussion. I never have gotten upset over being clowned, either... so don't start with the "you can't deal with being clowned, your problem doggie" crap lol. It doesn't upset me, it just bothers me to know that if I tried to have a good discussion here, it wouldn't end up happening because of what OTB is now... and that seems stupid to me because it's a DISCUSSION board :?

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 elpooz

And if you stopped considering these posts "crying" then maybe they would be effective lol... you're so quick to sign things off that you don't realize that maybe your hastiness is WHY my posts don't make you go "Oh, hey, good point there..." like they probably do with 75% of the people here.

And just to make it clear... My first post wasn't about THIS thread... I was making more of a general statement about the board now...

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Foolz3h

Been awhile since I listened, but Gihad, Black Mozart, Surgical Gloves, Kiss the Ring are all dope beats from what I remember. I'm probably missing a bunch of othern non-Dilla stuff that's nice on there too.

Colt45fool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Colt45fool

nobody discusses here? i see plenty of discussion in the nba playoffs thread...my two cents is that we're all more interested in discussing things other than hip hop, rather than hip hop. i'm personally much more interested in what you guys have to say in the OT thread, NBA thread, and any designated OT thread than any hip hop thread...maybe that's a product of my tastes, but I digress....

you're taking this too seriously like I said. I don't know how else to explain it to you...clowning has been a part of this board since before you were here, and will continue to be a part of it...if you can't handle the heat, don't **** with the fire dun. if you think it's taking over from discussion, then I disagree with you, and my reasons are stated in the first paragraph...

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 elpooz

there is good OT discussion, but my point about hip-hop discussion still stands... it pretty much always takes a backseat to clowning. i wasn't saying that general discussion was being drowned out by it.  i'm not taking this place too seriously colt :lol:... i don't know what else to tell you besides that. i'm well aware that the comic side of this board has been around for a minute... i've seen the old forum (before this was a union) and i've been posting here for like 3 years... i don't have a problem with it, i just think that there could be a little less of it so that there could be more hip-hop discussion... maybe some posters would rather talk about OT subjects, but there are obviously a good number of people that want to discuss hip-hop as people are still making threads, still posting music, etc... I'm just saying that it needs to be toned down a bit sometimes.

Colt45fool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Colt45fool

maybe some posters would rather talk about OT subjects, but there are obviously a good number of people that want to discuss hip-hop as people are still making threads, still posting music, etc...elpooz

....and not discussing. point made. if they wanted to discuss it, they would...they're doing it on other topics. 

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 elpooz
... nevermind... just, nevermind. :roll:
Avatar image for forgetwatyahear
forgetwatyahear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 forgetwatyahear
Member since 2005 • 6260 Posts

Hey everyone,

things haven't changed

imma holla

DaDukies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DaDukies
ob4cl2 > ob4cl .
AfterBurnerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AfterBurnerZ
Member since 2010 • 1304 Posts
ob4cl2 > ob4cl .DaDukies
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Toriko42
ob4cl2 > ob4cl .DaDukies
Drop the bomb squared
Omzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Omzzz
Member since 2010 • 1440 Posts

[QUOTE="DaDukies"]ob4cl2 > ob4cl .AfterBurnerZ

you got clowned? 

iHeartCali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 iHeartCali
Member since 2008 • 6198 Posts
ob4cl2 > ob4cl .DaDukies
why's that??

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 189245455704665724390135605497
ob4cl2 > ob4cl .DaDukies
I'll need a 7 page essay on my desk by friday as to how this is even possible, note that such responses as 'I feel that the production is better,' will not be tolerated, because I said so.

[spoiler] ...waits for elpooz to say 'you see, this is what I'm talking about! no actual discussion! Just more tomfoolery! I hate it! I hate you all! ... [/spoiler]
Colt45fool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Colt45fool

HAHAHA, wge i was just about to make a pooz-joke :lol:

but leik...ohmagawd gais...teh, teh, teh discussion!!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 elpooz
^ lol... you think i take OTB about 10x more serious than i actually do...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 189245455704665724390135605497
^ lol... you think i take OTB about 10x more serious than i actually do... elpooz
if I may weigh in on the situation, more than OTB, he just loves to find any reason to clown on you and he takes that more seriously than his life, especially his college work and his duty to make sure his brother stops wearing Charles Hamilton headphones (I saw those pictures on facebook dun, looking like carlton and llyod banks had a kid n ****, do a better job of being a brother man...)
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Toriko42

[QUOTE="elpooz"]^ lol... you think i take OTB about 10x more serious than i actually do... WorstGameEver
if I may weigh in on the situation, more than OTB, he just loves to find any reason to clown on you and he takes that more seriously than his life, especially his college work and his duty to make sure his brother stops wearing Charles Hamilton headphones (I saw those pictures on facebook dun, looking like carlton and llyod banks had a kid  *****, do a better job of being a brother man...)

:lol: x 1000

I just laughed so loud I think I woke my house up 

Avatar image for forgetwatyahear
forgetwatyahear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 forgetwatyahear
Member since 2005 • 6260 Posts

I love threads like this

this why i come to OTB 

DaDukies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DaDukies
lol i just said that because everyone was getting so worked up and this thread turned into a novel.
Colt45fool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Colt45fool
[QUOTE="elpooz"]^ lol... you think i take OTB about 10x more serious than i actually do... WorstGameEver
if I may weigh in on the situation, more than OTB, he just loves to find any reason to clown on you and he takes that more seriously than his life, especially his college work and his duty to make sure his brother stops wearing Charles Hamilton headphones (I saw those pictures on facebook dun, looking like carlton and llyod banks had a kid n ****, do a better job of being a brother man...)

lmao wge i hate you :lol:
Colt45fool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Colt45fool
btw how are you gonna bring up my little brother....that's cornyyyy. facebook stalking for the loss, kid is like 15.
Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Foolz3h

I love threads like this

this why i come to OTB 

Word.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 189245455704665724390135605497
and what the **** are you all doin up at 3 am in the mournin anyway!? (foolz3h don't hit that reply button, with your Austrailian Golden Island Secret Sonic Level Time Zone havin ***), I'm going to sleep, because I gotta get up for work in the mourning!