So you bought a Windows Phone, But need apps?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

I have made a list of Apps that you can use and find useful. A lot of phone carriers in the US sales agents are clueless regarding Windows Phone apps in terms of social media and since Windows 10 is a long way off (coming this fall), the Windows Store is still a bare minimum. Here are some useful apps as well as hidden gems you can use if you decide to try Windows Phone 8.1 as either your Primary or Secondary handset.

• Microsoft Office - Included in every Windows Phone
  • Facebook - A no brainer, but this Windows Phone version is developed by MS and takes less RAM than Android or iOS
  • Instagram BETA - It's the official Instagram App! But it has been stuck on Beta for a long time and it seems like Instagram has no desire to update it
  • 6Tag - An Instagram Client, which is better than the official App that keeps itself up to date and includes every feature of Instagram that's available to iOS and Android
  • 6Snap - the Unofficial App of Snap Chat,(From the makers of 6Tag) it seems that the CEO has something against MS (he's an Apple lover)
  • Minecraft - Obviously, that's basically what MS purchased Mojang for :P
  • Starbucks Locator - For your inner Hipster needs
  • Mix Radio - Formerly a Nokia App that was sold off, best music streaming service as it has no Ads!
  • WhatsApp
  • Microsoft Health - If you own a Microsoft Band
  • myTube - A Youtube client, since Google has some grudge against MS, there are no Google Apps on Windows Phone
  • Here Maps - An alternate GPS App, made by Nokia. Compared to Google Maps, this app is better
  • Afterlight Image Editor - For your in photographer needs, also if you don't own a Lumia Device, it's a great alternative to Lumia Creative Suites
  • Microsoft Remote Desktop - For business

I'll add more later and update this thread when I have the chance.