Nvidia announces new Tegra X1 chips

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Link

Impressive results! Nvidia continues to push the envelope for mobile tech

Twice as efficient than the Tegra K1

Sadly, we won't be seeing any other devices using the X1 other than Xiaomi phones and the next Shield as OEM's would probably go with the K1 for lower price productions and due to Nvidia's high prices.

gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 gamevet77
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

Pretty interesting and I like mobile games. The problem is developers don't often program for these high end devices. I don't think there is a mobile game out there that uses K1's power. Would love to see a console made with this along with developers who would use the power.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@gamevet77 said:

Pretty interesting and I like mobile games. The problem is developers don't often program for these high end devices. I don't think there is a mobile game out there that uses K1's power. Would love to see a console made with this along with developers who would use the power.

Yep, it's an issue on why not a lot of devs weren't able to take full advantage of the K1 for low consumer rate other than niche gamers that bought an Nvidia Shield and have a deal with Valve Corp. To port in their games for the device.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

You acutally think we will finally see a Tegra chip in a smartphone ? I hope X1 gets used, its a beast of a chip, but I see it just going into tablets ..

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Mister-Man
Member since 2014 • 616 Posts

::yawn::

Tegra has yet to "push the envelope." They've been mid to low tier ever since their first mobile chip. been getting spanked by "lesser chips" every year.

wake me up when tegra actually lives up to its own hype