new gmail account and purchased apps.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 toddx77
Member since 2008 • 3395 Posts

So my current google account is linked to my yahoo email since that is the e mail I used for youtube and google+. I made a gmail account with a more professional name and have heard about linking other emails with gmail. I tried and was a bit confused. When I tried all I could find was a way to just important mail to my gmail from yahoo for 30 days which isn't what I want. What I want is to be able to link my yahoo to my gmail so that when ever someone sends a e mail to my yahoo account it also goes to my gmail as well. Is that possible to do? Also of that is possible and I link my yahoo with my gmail could I log into my android phone with my gmail and still have the apps I have purchased or would I have to keep logging in under my yahoo?

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
I'm not sure about linking, but you can definitely forward emails from ymail to your gmail. I, too, had email addresses that weren't too different from my GS username which obviously isn't resume appropriate. I've forwarded both Yahoo and Hotmail to my Gmail successfully, just play with the setting. I'd like to give you a step by step, but those services have changed so much since I did it. From my understanding, you can add more than one Google account on your Android device. Just go to settings > account & sync settings > add account. I don't think you'll be able to transfer app from one Gmail account to another, but you can use two account simultaneously on the device.
toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 toddx77
Member since 2008 • 3395 Posts

By forwarding does last forever or only a certain amount of time? As for logging into multiple ggole accounts on your phone I am aware of that as I had my yahoo e mail and a different gmail logged in at the same time. I have noticed though that when I log in to those two different google accounts accounts on the pc the yahoo account is missing some apps. It isnt a problem now since those apps are on my phone and they were free. If logging into your phone with 2 google accounts does the first one you log into count as the account your apps and such go to?