LG G3 keeps re-installing apps

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Just got my new phone today, and restored my google account, my phone installed all my apps from my previous phone as they were linked to my google account.

However when I try to uninstall an app, it just immediately installs it again ?

How do I stop this, it must be something to do with the back up settings in google accounts, my last resort is factory reset the phone again with a fresh google account that has no apps associated to it

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

I imagine you would need to delete the apps from your Google Play account.

Delete applications directly from the 'My Apps' section of your Google Play account.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#3 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

You have to delete an app from the app store itself in order to stop it from auto-installing? Isn't there a slider along the lines of "Auto-Install Applications"?

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NVIDIATI

@musicalmac said:

You have to delete an app from the app store itself in order to stop it from auto-installing? Isn't there a slider along the lines of "Auto-Install Applications"?

I assumed TC no longer wanted that app, but there's a setting to stop auto updating/installing if you still want to keep the app on the account.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thehig1

I dont know to find such options, its not doing it anymore but i think that is becsuse im out and not using wifi

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NVIDIATI

@thehig1 said:

I dont know to find such options, its not doing it anymore but i think that is becsuse im out and not using wifi

In the Google Play store go to the "My Apps" tab. From there you can select the different applications that you want to remove, or stop auto-installation. One you select the application you can toggle the auto-update/install feature in the top right corner of the screen (the 3 vertical dots icon).

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thehig1

@NVIDIATI: thanks its fine now.

Awesome phone as well really happy with it

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thehig1

@Davidwilliam06: like what?

The screen on the phone is fantastic, Its a huge 5.5 inch screen but the phone itself is smaller than my note 2, it feel really nice to hold. The sharpness of the screen is the best I've seen (538ppi) and its camera is really good, it does focus pretty fast.

Whats better than it out now ?

Iphones are garbage, as an Android user I'll never be convinced to buy an Iphone, no removable batteries, no SD card support, IOS still sucks cant customize it like Android, Cant download torrents, have to deal with Itunes etc etc

The Samsung Galaxy S5 is decent, however Samsung's build quality of there hard ware is awful, that was one thing I really didn't like about my old note 2.

Also Samsungs Touch wiz interface sucks balls, with no helpful apps installed just a lot of bloatware. LG UX interface includes bloatware too, but has apps like LG fitness, and a universal remote that actually works and I use it on my TV.

The HTC one M8 is arguably equal, the device does feel fantastic and its screen is nearly at LG levels, and HTC sense is pretty good too. However no replaceable battery or SD card support turned me off this.

Sony Ericsson -Meh, they are ok I guess. They just around average in each category I find important, sealed battery and not great battery life put me off.

Nokia Lumia - I'm not sold on Windows Phone yet, however there some features of the Lumia I like and the phones are nice. I have a feeling Windows phones will follow the apple controlling get what your given route.

I think the LG G3 is the best smartphone you can buy now, if your a heavy user and watch a fair amount of videos its fantastic because of that screen.