Legit Reason to upgrade?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Brean24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Brean24
Member since 2007 • 1659 Posts
I have a Iphone 3GS from launch in 2008. I am 16 years old, I turn 17 in a few months. I actually had a 4S but due to incredibly bad luck I lost it in the woods far from home at a cross country meet and there's literally no chance it's still functional. I had a spare phone(the 3GS). I keep trying to get my Dad to upgrade my 3GS to something more modern, mind you I'm not asking for a 600 dollar phone, I'm asking for a phone that isn't almost 5 years old. I'm asking for a upgrade because my phone is falling apart. The headphone jack just stopped working, my volume button stopped working and the switch that turns my phone silent also stopped working. Two of these problems literally started happening today. My phone is so messed up I can't even turn it off. Do you think I have a case to present for a new phone or am I screwed until my upgrade comes up in 2014. I'm getting a job soon anyway, so eventually I will be able to buy a new phone on my own, but that's still a ways away.
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

To be honest I think you shouldn't have been so careless as to have lost your 4S, since you're on contract it's going to cost a crap ton of money if you plan to get another Iphone, unlocked.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
The 3GS came out on summer 2009. And I think you have a case when you can actually pay for your own phone. You're lucky they're paying for the plan too. That s*** ain't cheap. Until then, you'll have to live with your 3GS. Aside from the mechanial issues you're facing it really isn't that bad of a phone. It's nothing like what's out today but you still have the latest version of iOS and can still run most apps. Texting (which I'd imagine you probably do a lot), videos and apps should still work just fine. Especially the first two. If your dad doesn't want to buy you a new phone, I don't blame him given the price of a new phone and your previous track record doesn't help your case either, I think you might be out of luck until you get a job or your upgrade. Getting a job and starting to pay for your own things is a good thing to start doing at a younger age. You'll be ready for it when your out of under your parents roof.
Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

didnt even have a phone when i was 16, i would be content with the 3g but hey its up to your parents