Just got myself an Ipod Touch 5th Gen, any suggestions?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JIT93
Member since 2007 • 5590 Posts

I couldn't really resist because it seemed like an incremental upgrade (I never had a touch before, but have a 3GS atm), and it seemed like it was a 4S without the phone which is awesome since I am splitting my 3GS upgrade to an Android (Nexus 4) and iOS (Ipod Touch).

Any new apps I should install on this thing? I wanna get the full experience on this little thing :P

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Been playing real racing 3, addicting, buy 2-3 cars asap though to avoid the money grubbing game mechanic. Gta vc.

Videos!!

eagle63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 eagle63
Member since 2004 • 537 Posts

i got the 5g a few monthes ago and i love it.i would suggest getting a protective case soon as possiable to avoid scratches ,falls, ect

here are some of the apps i put on mine:

google voice and talkatone:basicly gives your ipod the ability to make free phone calls and text messages as long as your around a wifi source.

google maps:because the native map app sucks

google earth:i like taking virtual tours

bump:a file tranfer utility.load up the files you want to send.touch the other device you want to send them to,instant transfer.works cross platform to.

5.0 radio:turns your device into a world wide police scanner.adds internet radio if you buy the full app

slacker:a pandora alternative that i like better

all the regulars like netflix,crackle,you tube.facebook,ect

about 150 songs,5 movies,

games:

gta vice city

dead space

mass effect infiltrator

moderen combat4

ravensword2

ifinity blade2

final fantasy3

walking dead game +all chapters

real racing3

nfs most wanted

borderlands legends

riven

minecraft pe

angry birds star wars

galixies on fire2

laura croft and the gardian of light

waking mars

and duke nukem 3d.

JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JIT93
Member since 2007 • 5590 Posts

i got the 5g a few monthes ago and i love it.i would suggest getting a protective case soon as possiable to avoid scratches ,falls, ect

eagle63

Is the 5g prone to scratches and falls, and if it does, does it break? I just got a screen protector for it, it seemed like the aluminum body was good enough for me as a case

eagle63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 eagle63
Member since 2004 • 537 Posts

[QUOTE="eagle63"]

JIT93

Is the 5g prone to scratches and falls, and if it does, does it break? I just got a screen protector for it, it seemed like the aluminum body was good enough for me as a case

It doesn't scratch as easily as the 4th gen but you can scratch it or dent it if you aren't careful.