How often do you play games on your phone?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kaze347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 kaze347
Member since 2006 • 1270 Posts

Since I got my Xperia Play Ive found myself playing games on it constantly. My Xbox is completely neglected. How often does everyone else play games on their phone (or tablet, or media player if anyone has one of those) compared to consoles?
I love this phone. Buttons are exactly what I needed to love Android gaming, and being a Playstation phone doesnt hurt either, I managed to get Tomba! on my phone tonight and I can barely put it down!

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I never game on my phone. I haven't even got any games installed on it ATM. I find most phone games to be far too basic. Stuff like Angry Birds and Doodle Jump entertain me for a few minutes, then I find them so annoying that I wish they were on physical media so I could smash them with a hammer.
NaturalDisplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 NaturalDisplay
Member since 2010 • 548 Posts

Rarely. I have angry birds, doodle jump, fruit ninja and a few tower defense games. I only play while I'm on the train. Once I get a vita, I will not even game a single bit on my phone.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Everyday. But I am not into the stupid little games like the posters above me have listed. I like real games like Dungeon Hunter 2 3D, Shadow Guardian 3D, and Asphalt 6 just to name a few. I do not play it more than I do my PS3 or PC, but I at least get a game or two in every night when in bed before going to sleep. I also play when ever I am not home.
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
Everyday, but probably 15 minutes to 1 hr at the most. I prefer my PC.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

Rarely as I usually need my phone to last me through the day. When I do, it's usually the fun little games. I mostly use my phone for listening to music and browsing the web.

Avatar image for invisibletearsx
invisibletearsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 invisibletearsx
Member since 2009 • 997 Posts

Everyday. Perfect for solo public transport rides.

PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 PumpkinBoogie
Member since 2006 • 3375 Posts
Well I don't have a Android-based phone (yet), I do have a tablet. Even still, I don't do much gaming on it through I enjoy a bit of UNO & Monopoly on it from time-to-time. Sometimes while I'm home or while taking public transportation to and from work.
Je3vez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Je3vez
Member since 2011 • 104 Posts

Never, I had angry birds installed but my phone (Samsung Galaxy Mini) plays it so slowly.

kaze347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kaze347

The Gameloft games, while unoriginal, are usually pretty good timesinks. This phone came with a lot of games on it and having dedicated buttons really made me get into some of them more than I ever have on a phone. Between the Gameloft games, Dungeon Defenders, Crash Bandicoot, Sonic CD, GTA3, Dead Space, the Zenonia games, and emulators (legally of course), I almost dont even have a desire to text anymore.

If this thing gets PSP games when the Vita comes out then my social life is over.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

Not very often, but I've been playing more ever since the OnLive app came out.

kaze347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kaze347

Rikusaki
I really want to get into OnLive, but my connection is too slow. Maybe one day.
hellotony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hellotony
Member since 2009 • 60 Posts

At least 20min every day, when I was wating a bus or toileting. Now PVZ, World of Goo, Fruit Ninja, GTA III, Hot Pursuit and some emus.

Fandangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Fandangle
Member since 2003 • 3433 Posts

Not as often as I would like

streetridaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 streetridaz
Member since 2003 • 3276 Posts

I don't play games on my phone only because i have a tablet. I play my tablet all the time!

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
I only have a handful of games that I actually play. And they don't entertain me very long. I mostly use it as a PDA to keep track of my calendar, contacts, email etc. Also use it for music and videos.
kaze347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kaze347

I've been playing Minish Cap nonstop on my phone and when I finally get to the end the rom keeps crashing in a certain spot, Im guessing its because of everything going on in that area, and I cant get past it.

Emulation is such a double edged sword sometimes.

Still, I've been playing at least a couple hours a day lately.

To everyone with a tablet, how are they? Is it just like having a big phone or do they actually feel like another experience entirely? Im somewhat interested in getting one around tax time :P

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gmaster456

I've been playing Minish Cap nonstop on my phone and when I finally get to the end the rom keeps crashing in a certain spot, Im guessing its because of everything going on in that area, and I cant get past it.

To everyone with a tablet, how are they? Is it just like having a big phone or do they actually feel like another experience entirely? Im somewhat interested in getting one around tax time :P

kaze347

Something different entirely. Its easy to say that they are stretched out phones until you use one.

kaze347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kaze347

[QUOTE="kaze347"]

gmaster456

Something different entirely. Its easy to say that they are stretched out phones until you use one.

I really wanna try one, I need to look into them more. Do you know what is unanimously the best one for your money? The new Tegra 3 one that just got announced looks awesome for $250, but idk if I wanna wait for it to come out. I was looking at a Kindle Fire, need to look at it some more.

streetridaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 streetridaz
Member since 2003 • 3276 Posts

I love my tablet. It's pretty much replaced my laptop. I pretty much all my daily computer activities on my tablet. Bathroom is now a full blown media experience. LOL i game on it all the time. I bring it to work with me everyday. I doesn't replace a smartphone other then its better with a full screen but it's a luxary but it's awesome. I didn't know if i should get one like 6 months ago but i'm glad i did because i love it and use it every day all day!

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gmaster456

[QUOTE="gmaster456"]

[QUOTE="kaze347"]

kaze347

I really wanna try one, I need to look into them more. Do you know what is unanimously the best one for your money? The new Tegra 3 one that just got announced looks awesome for $250, but idk if I wanna wait for it to come out. I was looking at a Kindle Fire, need to look at it some more.

If your gonna go with a 7 inch tablet, the new Asus would be a no brainer. There are a lot of options out there for a lot of different budgets.

Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#22 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts
[QUOTE="Rikusaki"]

kaze347

You're not missing much. It's just like playing a Youtube video.
judyguo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 judyguo
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Almost everyday, I will surf around and download some cool game to play with. My favorite game is 'cut the rope' on android. =D
unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts

Whenever I´m bored at school or in the bus.

kaze347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kaze347

[QUOTE="kaze347"][QUOTE="Rikusaki"]

Steameffekt

Are you sure you arent thinking of the viewing app? Because I fail to see how slight input lag makes a game at all like a Youtube video.

Loegi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Loegi
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts
Never actually. The bad controls piss me of too much. I prefer to browse the internet.
RaIn285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 RaIn285
Member since 2010 • 3010 Posts

I would very rarely play something like AngryBirds or Fruitninja when I`m on the bus.But I would much rather listen to some music or just look outside.

Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#28 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts

[QUOTE="Steameffekt"][QUOTE="kaze347"] I really want to get into OnLive, but my connection is too slow. Maybe one day.kaze347

Are you sure you arent thinking of the viewing app? Because I fail to see how slight input lag makes a game at all like a Youtube video.

I'm talking about the quality when playing the games. I was a founding member of Onlive and was impressed at the tech but unimpressed with the streaming quality.