Galaxy Tab found to be non-infringing because it isn't cool

This topic is locked from further discussion.

semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 semianonymous
Member since 2007 • 6685 Posts

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-07-09/samsung-wins-u-k-apple-ruling-over-not-as-cool-galaxy-tablet.html

The Galaxy tablets ?do not have the same understated and extreme simplicity which is possessed by the Apple design,? Birss said. ?They are not as cool.?

well then

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#2 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
Ultimately a win for Sammy, even if it seems like a back-handed insult. Apple's official response, "Thanks, we think..."
WiiRocks66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 WiiRocks66
Member since 2007 • 3488 Posts

Admittedly, it's somewhat true. Android tablets just aren't as appealing. Go and use a Galaxy Tab in a store. It's a laggy, buggy mess. Then use an iPad. It's smooth and looks nice.

semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 semianonymous
Member since 2007 • 6685 Posts

Admittedly, it's somewhat true. Android tablets just aren't as appealing. Go and use a Galaxy Tab in a store. It's a laggy, buggy mess. Then use an iPad. It's smooth and looks nice.

WiiRocks66

Not only is this completely unrelated to the topic (the issue is with design and hardware, not software and UI), but my experience with the galaxy tab line disagrees strongly. But hey, whatever you say.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts
Im pretty sure that they would never say that to the G Tab 7.7 or nexus 7. I always believed the 7 " tablet range was the ideal size, so its cooler having a 7" tab than a 10" tab... I would hope so anyway, come on Google make it cool to have the nexus 7... It might mean to drop the nexus q to about $80 - $100 and actually generate sales -_-' i have no idea how they think pricing it at $300 was a great idea
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#6 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
Im pretty sure that they would never say that to the G Tab 7.7 or nexus 7. I always believed the 7 " tablet range was the ideal size, so its cooler having a 7" tab than a 10" tab... I would hope so anyway, come on Google make it cool to have the nexus 7... It might mean to drop the nexus q to about $80 - $100 and actually generate sales -_-' i have no idea how they think pricing it at $300 was a great ideamystic_knight
It takes about 186USD or so to create one of the new Nexus tablets, and so selling them at 200USD is probably taking a moderate loss on the product. Selling that same device at 80-100USD would be a real money sink, especially if Apple releases their own rumored 7-7.85" tablet in October (which is what the rumor mill is currently speculating).
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

[QUOTE="mystic_knight"]Im pretty sure that they would never say that to the G Tab 7.7 or nexus 7. I always believed the 7 " tablet range was the ideal size, so its cooler having a 7" tab than a 10" tab... I would hope so anyway, come on Google make it cool to have the nexus 7... It might mean to drop the nexus q to about $80 - $100 and actually generate sales -_-' i have no idea how they think pricing it at $300 was a great ideamusicalmac
It takes about 186USD or so to create one of the new Nexus tablets, and so selling them at 200USD is probably taking a moderate loss on the product. Selling that same device at 80-100USD would be a real money sink, especially if Apple releases their own rumored 7-7.85" tablet in October (which is what the rumor mill is currently speculating).

The tablet price is fine he meant the nexus Q and agree way to expensive for what it is.

http://www.endtasks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Google-Nexus-Q.jpg

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#8 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/18/uk-judge-forces-apple-samsung-tablet-not-ipad-copy/

:lol::lol::lol: