Anyone ordering a Ouya?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

Just curious if anyone was ordering a Ouya from kickstarter? Seems like a pretty neat and tiny home console based on Android 4

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouya/ouya-a-new-kind-of-video-game-console

Think its worth putting the 99 dollars down on has anyone here yet?

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Nope, one of my friends did though.. he is thinking about backing out now though. Interesting idea.. I'll be keeping an eye on it but I wont get one. I already have too many games to play on the systems I own and not enough time to play. Pointless getting anything else.
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

I got the special edition ordered from their kickstarter, looking forward to it.

They also just announced an exclusive HD remake of FF III for the console...soooo...

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
I am probably going to order one tonight. I am an Onlive Playpack subscriber so I know I will get some use out of it from the get go, and I like the sound of the media capabilities in general.
mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mjc  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 12723 Posts

I like the idea, but not enough to "invest" in that idea. I'll wait to see if it becomes a reality first.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AutoPilotOn
Well since today is last I broke down and backed the 99 dollar amount. It looks very interesting and I'd hate to miss out
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
I also backed for 99 dollars. Namco is what put me over the edge.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AutoPilotOn
I changed mine last min to the limited edition 140 dollar one. I am kind of excited but with the wiiu I will likely forget about it till its release lol.
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

Holy crap, they got +$8.5 mil, 9x of their goal.:shock:

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Andrew_Xavier

flipin_jackass
Well deserved. The new Shadowrun game is confirmed too...they are getting a hell of a roster of exclusives.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AutoPilotOn
[QUOTE="flipin_jackass"]

Andrew_Xavier
Well deserved. The new Shadowrun game is confirmed too...they are getting a hell of a roster of exclusives.

I am thinking of backing shadowrun online. Do you have any other suggestions?
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Andrew_Xavier
[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"][QUOTE="flipin_jackass"]

AutoPilotOn

I am thinking of backing shadowrun online. Do you have any other suggestions?

Forge could use your support...it's an online shooter with no leveling or grinding, just pure skill.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]Nope, one of my friends did though.. he is thinking about backing out now though. Interesting idea.. I'll be keeping an eye on it but I wont get one. I already have too many games to play on the systems I own and not enough time to play. Pointless getting anything else.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ What he said. I'm not supporting it right now. It won't be as powerful as any PC or any Next-Gen consoles. I see it playing lots of mobile games on your HDTV. Sure it might get some dumb down version of a few games from the PC and console market, but I truly see this playing a lot of games that you would normally play on your PS2 & iOS. Seriously, the only good things I see from Ouya is that it'll be dirt cheap and there should be a lot of original exclusive titles. With an OPEN market there will be a LOT of independent developers programming for it. That's a good and bad thing. For every 30-40 bad games, you'll get 1 or 2 worth owning. Expect a lot of crappy games unless the company producing the Ouya does quality checks on every game. Only the BEST games will actually make serious money. Especially since you'll be able to try before you buy automatically. Every game has to have a demo, so gamers will test everything and critic it on whether it's worth paying for or not. There will be a LOT of disappointed developers who will only sell a few hundred copies, while others could sell 1/2 a million if the Ouya actually takes off. I'm also wondering about marketing. Marketing something like this on TV, radio and in magazines is going to cost a small fortune. If you are truly interested in this, give it at least 6-12 months on the market before you pluck your money down. It could easily turn out to be a dud.