Post your impressions of improved apps on Windows Phone

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

My first Windows Phone was a Nokia 928 and I bought it to replace my destroyed BB Z20 that I forgot in the washer. I was enthralled by the tiles, the amount of information I could read all at once. I liked this so much better than having to open an app one by one. Just glance at the home screen and you already know the date, see latest emails and messages received, latest news and sports events and more. I was so pleased by the amount of information I could absorb at once and the whole experience actually engaged me. This is in stark contrast to the incredible basic iOS that is mostly decent for technologically illiterate people but horrible for the everyday user. Android is not much better and I have a Droid Turbo phone. It is a carbon copy of iOS with slight differences, more customizable but that is it.

That is why I am a big fan of Windows Phone and will continue to be. The apps issue, however, always irked me but with the launch of Universal Windows Apps we are beginning to see quality-made apps from the big ones. The Facebook app is vastly improved even if it still has ways to go before become as well made as the Android or iOS versions. The experience is almost identical but some things are missing such as the about information continues to be undisplayed below the profile name and the position of the profile picture is still at the left side of the screen than the center position as it is on other versions.

The new Twitter and Instagram apps, I have nothing but praise for. The Twitter app is actually fully-functional and completely modern like the Android and iOS versions. The old version was horrible, looked like it was from 2010 when smartphones were just beginning to come into their own. The Instagram app is also fully-functional and modernized, finally, after many years of being ignored. The experience is identical as to what one would expect on Android or iOS. The quality apps are arriving and they will help retain users on the WP platform who have been hungering for equivalent experiences.

I am very, very pleased at the long-needed updates and looking forward to further improvements to other apps. I only hope that the tempo of updates will be sustained or even see it quicken. What are your impressions of the updated apps on WP so far and have they improved your WP experience?

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

The new Official Instagram App! Although they didn't use Project Islandwood to port the app to Windows 10 Mobile, they managed to use the same code to run it on the OS with all the missing features from that dead Instagram BETA app made from Nokia.

ameerhaddad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ameerhaddad
Member since 2016 • 37 Posts

i recommend to forget MS mobile for gaming and everything else so change your phone to get high quality performance .