Is Windows Phone 10 a flop?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

I just installed it on my old Lumia 928 and I see absolutely nothing that would make me want to purchase a new WP. The UI is slightly rearranged, the settings menu is a quite bit easier to browse, and umm, that's it.

The OS is still slow with annoying loading screens everywhere, and stupid logo popups that flashes in your face before opening an app. It's the Mac bouncing icon of Windows.

The app ecosystem is shit with inferior versions of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.

There is nothing compelling about Windows Phone 10 but if you're into slow operating systems that annoy you with blinding logos and loading screens, and enjoy inferior apps then WP10 is for you...

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@Kjranu: Yeah Microsoft is done

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 Mister-Man
Member since 2014 • 616 Posts

Yes. It's a major flop. I called it months ago. The majority public reception of the Alpha into Beta stages of development were negative and only grew more negative as development continued.

FLOP

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

@Kjranu I don't have any interest in Windows Phone or Windows on ARM, but let me get this straight... You've installed a technical preview on an SoC from early 2012 inside of a phone from early 2013... And now you're disappointed with the performance?

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mister-Man

@NVIDIATI: The just released iOS 8.4 not only runs smoothly on 2011 iPhone 4S', it also speeds up the boot time by a second and launches apps quicker.

http://youtu.be/OERQh397g4Q

Bad coding is bad coding. Microsoft and Google aren't exactly renown for efficient OS's, with Android being the worst offender.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@mister-man said:

@NVIDIATI: The just released iOS 8.4 not only runs smoothly on 2011 iPhone 4S', it also speeds up the boot time by a second and launches apps quicker.

http://youtu.be/OERQh397g4Q

Bad coding is bad coding. Microsoft and Google aren't exactly renown for efficient OS's, with Android being the worst offender.

You're an idiot, it's only a build not meant to be use as a daily driver but a test for insiders to report bugs! Sheesh....

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FireEmblem_Man
@Kjranu said:

I just installed it on my old Lumia 928 and I see absolutely nothing that would make me want to purchase a new WP. The UI is slightly rearranged, the settings menu is a quite bit easier to browse, and umm, that's it.

The OS is still slow with annoying loading screens everywhere, and stupid logo popups that flashes in your face before opening an app. It's the Mac bouncing icon of Windows.

The app ecosystem is shit with inferior versions of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.

There is nothing compelling about Windows Phone 10 but if you're into slow operating systems that annoy you with blinding logos and loading screens, and enjoy inferior apps then WP10 is for you...

That wasn't a smart decision on your part, the OS isn't even close to finish and it's not good of you to make it your daily driver, I'll wait for a couple more builds before installing the Insider Preview on my Lumia Icon. Also, Windows 10 Mobile isn't due until later around fall and MS is just finishing up Windows 10 for desktops, so for now, revert back to Windows Phone 8.1 and be patient when the OS is finished.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mister-Man

Oh for sure, the software support is next to crap on windows phone. It's even more of an after-thought than Android. You think Android has it bad with getting ports a year or two late, Windows phones get them even later, and sometimes not at all.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@mister-man: @FireEmblem_Man: you two are my fav mobile warriors

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FireEmblem_Man

@ProtossX: Put a sock in it! Nobody likes you!

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#11 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

It's also probably not 100% ready to roll, is it? The iOS9 beta, for example, is very much a beta and even folks with screaming iPhone 6/6+ see pretty pokey performance right now as Apple tools around with the OS.

We'll know more about the success of Win10 in a couple months. I put in my reservation for my Win 10 DL already.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FireEmblem_Man

@musicalmac said:

It's also probably not 100% ready to roll, is it? The iOS9 beta, for example, is very much a beta and even folks with screaming iPhone 6/6+ see pretty pokey performance right now as Apple tools around with the OS.

We'll know more about the success of Win10 in a couple months. I put in my reservation for my Win 10 DL already.

Of course it isn't ready, I just installed the new build 10166 and finally it's more usable that the last update that kept freezing my phone and my apps constantly crashing. Now it's a much smoother OS, with a lot of bugs squashed with only a minor issue of only certain apps opening causing me to force restart my phone. Other than that, it's a much better experience I had than with build 10080.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 musicalmac  Moderator

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@musicalmac said:

Of course it isn't ready, I just installed the new build 10166 and finally it's more usable that the last update that kept freezing my phone and my apps constantly crashing. Now it's a much smoother OS, with a lot of bugs squashed with only a minor issue of only certain apps opening causing me to force restart my phone. Other than that, it's a much better experience I had than with build 10080.

Did you install it on your main device? You like to live... dangerously.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FireEmblem_Man

@musicalmac said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@musicalmac said:

Of course! I can obviously revert back if I need to ;)

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 musicalmac  Moderator

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@musicalmac said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@musicalmac said:

Brave. Or stupid, I'm not sure which. :P

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FireEmblem_Man

@musicalmac said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@musicalmac said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@musicalmac said:

Brave. Or stupid, I'm not sure which. :P

How about dangerously sexy?

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 musicalmac  Moderator

@FireEmblem_Man said:

How about dangerously sexy?