musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#1 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Between software and hardware performance, support, and availability—is there any doubt left that Apple completely owns every meaningful corner of the mobile space? Phones, tablets, software, gaming, etc. Now they’re shoving the M1 SoC into the “normal” iPad (iPad Air)…

This used to be a contentious topic before. Not sure how it could be now.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34613 Posts

I have no idea. I don't use any Apple products and probably never will. Same for family members. Got some friends who are still dumb enough to overpay for their phones though.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

They own the market in getting dumb people to overpay for their products, I'll give them that.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

And he/she is a moderator!

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 musicalmac  Moderator

What makes them overpriced? Even the cheapest new iPhone Apple sells will run circles around any other android phone that’s way more expensive. Better software availability. Better third party support. And they last years longer than other android phones by a factor of 2, easily.

Curious to hear your thoughts.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

@vfighter said:

They own the market in getting dumb people to overpay for their products, I'll give them that.

Can think of three other companies.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

The thing with Apple is that the first few generations iPhone 1 to 8 just sucked ass. But the sheep kept buying and buying. Nothing was better on the iPhone. I'd say android was better overall. But when you keep giving a company money, trillions of dollars theres no way their product will remain trash for long. And that's where we are with the iPhone. The new iphones are top of the top no doubt. When a shitty company with shitty product is supported by cult like fanatics for so long, there is no way their products will suck for long.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 musicalmac  Moderator

@blaznwiipspman1: I’m not sure how you quantify that opinion. Android was a disjointed, fragmented mess, particularly during the timeframe you’re referencing. It didn’t even exist as it does today until the iPhone was released—android was originally developed as a blackberry clone. It’s only recently that some uniformity has been standardized, but it doesn’t fix the short lifespan of android phones, nor the poor first and third party software and hardware support. And has almost always been true, android phones are generations behind iPhones with regards to processing power.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts
@musicalmac said:

@blaznwiipspman1: I’m not sure how you quantify that opinion. Android was a disjointed, fragmented mess, particularly during the timeframe you’re referencing. It didn’t even exist as it does today until the iPhone was released—android was originally developed as a blackberry clone. It’s only recently that some uniformity has been standardized, but it doesn’t fix the short lifespan of android phones, nor the poor first and third party software and hardware support. And has almost always been true, android phones are generations behind iPhones with regards to processing power.

the hardware part is false for sure. Back in the day the apple hardware was junk in the iphone, and the android flagships were always ahead. Again, when you give one company so much money that they're literally able to build their OWN foundry, then you know things are messed up. The funny thing is, apple hardware was so trash only a few years ago, they had to beg intel for their hardware. After only a decade of milking their cult like fans, they can build something competitive with intel. Shocking, but thats how the world works. Apple is a prime example of cult like fanatics, but not the only one. Theres the crypto currency acolytes, and even the tesla fanboys. Apple is a monopoly, theres no real denying it. They need to be broken up.

The world is full of dumb mofos. If you can figure out where the dumb mofos are going, you can become filthy rich by capitalizing on them. PT Barnum said it best..."theres a sucker born every minute, you got to take them for all they got."