Galaxy S4...tips wanted.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

Hey guys.  I got an S4 not too long ago.  I am extremely happy with it.  I feel like it has so much potential but I am not doing much with it.  What are some cool things it can run or cool apps to use with it?  What are your guys' opinions on alternate launchers like Nova?  I like some of the options but I don't know if it would have the same "official" feel that jellybean or whatever the default launcher has...Help?

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
I use Dashclock and HD Widgets. Use your phone like you would and adapt it to your usage. If there's something you'd like to change chances are you can.
GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Your phone has TouchWiz, which is the Samsung overlay.

Aesthete18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Aesthete18
Member since 2009 • 171 Posts
It depends on what you're into. I just got my S4 a month back as well, and I've sampled many apps. I've tried comic book /book readers, security systems, photography apps, games and wallpaper apps. If any of this interests you, I could recommend some good apps.
ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

It depends on what you're into. I just got my S4 a month back as well, and I've sampled many apps. I've tried comic book /book readers, security systems, photography apps, games and wallpaper apps. If any of this interests you, I could recommend some good apps.Aesthete18

All of these do :D.  Recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
well some apps i use. Soundhound - identify music intoNow-identify Tv shows and movies Mpc remote - control media player classic from your phone Win remote - Control your pc from your android phone pocket - save articles from internet and read them later offline google currents - read online magazines and blogs via a magazine like interface real racing 3, riptide gp2, dead trigger, plants vs zombies, anomaly korea and carmageddon for my mobile gaming ( really there is nothing better than taxing your phone than games and most of those are free ) Google earth flib - a unit converter Gps essentials - shows various info from your gps receiver ( such as ground speed, altitude etc ) Steam Tune in radio playboard - an app that you can discover games and apps to your needs much easier than google play system tuner - shows info from cpu temps to gpu info
Aesthete18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Aesthete18

[QUOTE="Aesthete18"]It depends on what you're into. I just got my S4 a month back as well, and I've sampled many apps. I've tried comic book /book readers, security systems, photography apps, games and wallpaper apps. If any of this interests you, I could recommend some good apps.ACL0V3R

All of these do :D.  Recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

Not sure if you'll still see this but I'd recommend ComicRack for reading, All-in-One Toolbox for security and Zedge for wallpapers. I only play Drawsomething and Where's my Water, so can't really recommend any games. Aside from that some of my favourite apps are Pocket Casts for podcasts, Airdroid for transfering stuff from/to PC and 8tracks
Aesthete18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Aesthete18
Oh and I love customizing my screens with Nova Launcher, definitely get it if you want to personalize your phone. You can check out mycolorscreen.com to see the wonderful things you can do with launchers.