Apple's Q2 Revenue Declines!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

http://wccftech.com/apple-earnings-drop/

That picture was 13 years ago, before Apple shift focus on iBooks, PowerBooks, and iMacs as Apple was taking loss revenue in the PC market, but have dominated the MP3 market. However, not all is well as sales slumped with the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, maybe consumers are waiting for the iPhone 7 or they're just tired of Apple?

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Maybe they finally hit their ceiling? Cookie ain't no Jobs though.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FireEmblem_Man

@Bikouchu35 said:

That's what I think too! Although the issue of revenue is coming from China, where competition has grown so much and the Chinese Government imposes a tax hike for every iPhone that is sold.

Looks like @mister-man will have a heart attack.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@Bikouchu35 said:

That's what I think too! Although the issue of revenue is coming from China, where competition has grown so much and the Chinese Government imposes a tax hike for every iPhone that is sold.

Looks like @mister-man will have a heart attack.

Wasn't their growth from the recent years from China? I always thought that it was impossible for them to keep growing and it was a matter time that it fell. I haven't read into this recent news as of yet I'm just using 1+1=2 logic lol. Funnily enough my brother actually joked about Apple and that they should buy out the likes tsmc so they can have full control of their manufacturing thus self sustaining for as long as they can. Cook hasn't made anything as revolutionary as the likes of ipod, iphone, ipad, etc. and the stuff that was made under him like apple watch and spinoff cheaper iphones hasn't been a hit.

As for China they have crazy tax laws or so I heard. Buddy's car shop has a chopped out new bimmer, I think the owner can't afford to pay it off and fix it, so off it goes to there. Considering bmws there are actually made there with inferior parts just to be able to sell at reasonable price due to taxes eating up a good margin.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Mister-Man
Member since 2014 • 616 Posts

Just here to remind everyone including the knuckle-head that the second quarter before every major iPhone iteration release sees a decline as a result of consumers waiting to upgrade. No one is buying an iPhone 6S with the expectation of the iPhone 7 releasing this fall. No news here.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FireEmblem_Man

@mister-man said:

Just here to remind everyone including the knuckle-head that the second quarter before every major iPhone iteration release sees a decline as a result of consumers waiting to upgrade. No one is buying an iPhone 6S with the expectation of the iPhone 7 releasing this fall. No news here.

Nice damage control! LOL!

This is the first time ever for Apple to lose revenue in 13 YEARS!!! Since Steve Jobs put Apple back to profitability with the G4 version of the PowerBooks and iBooks before switching the brands to MacBooks and MacBook Pro with an Intel Processor! Also this is all hurting Apple while trying to market in China! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Here's some damage control for you-

Apple still netted more than Microsoft, Alphabet (Google) and Facebook combined. Their first decline in many years was still enough to outdo a couple of their fiercest competitors, all at once. $10.5 billion is not a small sum.

There's nothing to worry about, not with wearable tech in its infancy, the digital home revolution just beginning, and the much-rumored project Titan (the Apple car). The only reason it's a story is because of how absolutely dominant Apple has been (and continues to be, soaking up 94% of the industry mobile profits--edit: and killing Microsoft's mobile dreams).

ameerhaddad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 ameerhaddad
Member since 2016 • 37 Posts

I think it's all depend on steve jobs