Apple Watch destroys Android Wear in one day

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Mister-Man
Member since 2014 • 616 Posts

Apple does in one day what Google couldn't do in over one year.

First day of Apple Watch sales completely obliterates the sales numbers of every Android based watch of over an entire year in just one day.

http://www.businessinsider.com/android-wear-apple-watch-google-advantage-developers-2015-4?utm_content=fbboost&utm_medium=cpm&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=BI_FB-boost

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@mister-man said:

Apple does in one day what Google couldn't do in over one year.

First day of Apple Watch sales completely obliterates the sales numbers of every Android based watch of over an entire year in just one day.

http://www.businessinsider.com/android-wear-apple-watch-google-advantage-developers-2015-4?utm_content=fbboost&utm_medium=cpm&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=BI_FB-boost

Who cares? Apple Watch is an overpriced accessory

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mister-Man

Of course it's an over priced accessory. Just like the iPhone was an overpriced dumbphone, and the iPad was an overpriced huge iPhone.

I find it funny because Apple gave Google a headstart on this one. Kind of funny how it proves Google doesn't know what to do without inspiration from Apple. I love the new gestures and features they're trying to push out to match Apple's own solutions.

The watch definitely does a lot of things Android watches can't.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mister-Man

Not to mention, to call the Apple Watch an over-priced accessory is a little ridiculous considering millions of people purchase watches for well over $2000, in some cases even over $6000. For a watch that only tells time and nothing else. A few hundred dollars for a smartwatch that tells time, reads your heart-rate, reads your oxygen saturation levels, and functions as an extension and gateway to a multitude of platforms and acts as an extension of your smartphone all while being extremely customizeable suddenly sounds like a great deal.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FireEmblem_Man

@mister-man said:

Not to mention, to call the Apple Watch an over-priced accessory is a little ridiculous considering millions of people purchase watches for well over $2000, in some cases even over $6000. For a watch that only tells time and nothing else. A few hundred dollars for a smartwatch that tells time, reads your heart-rate, reads your oxygen saturation levels, and functions as an extension and gateway to a multitude of platforms and acts as an extension of your smartphone all while being extremely customizeable suddenly sounds like a great deal.

You were saying?

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mister-Man

Whats that ugly thing? How successful is it out in the market?

You were saying?

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FireEmblem_Man

@mister-man said:

Whats that ugly thing? How successful is it out in the market?

You were saying?

Better to spend $200 that isn't required to tether on a phone and be its own device than something that cost $350 that's too dependent on the iPhone to function.

Also, why would a dumb person waste $2000 on an Apple Watch when it will be obsolete within a year? Your reasoning defending such a high price-tag is dumb! A Rolex is more appealing to me as I can pass it on to generations, while an Apple Watch within the same timeline range won't cost jack.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mister-Man

@FireEmblem_Man:

Did I say people spending $2000 on an Apple Watch? Nope... I'm referring to the Rolex, Tag Huer and Swiss product lines. You know, the premium watches that people spend a thousand to two thousand dollars on? And have been for several decades now?

Makes Apple's $300 Watch all the more appealing. Face it. You own a smartphone. Add to the statistical fact that over 93% of the people interested in buying a smartwatch already has a smartphone.

There are hundreds of millions of iPhone owners (a good 24 million recent Android defactors from last fiscal quarter, hilarious!). That entire number can now easily benefit from the non-fragmented uniformity of iOS and its entire 1st 2nd and 3rd party hardware and software ecosystems. This explains the massive butt-whuppin' Google is facing in wearable tech. They'll never be able to catch up. Its Android Gear backers have sloppier UI's and designs in comprison, and has to contend with the horribly fragmented Android world where one smartwatch may not even be compatible with a certain Android phone.. Apple literally just curb stomped Google's year long cooperative efforts with many companies to capture an emerging market in the blink of an eye by just releasing ONE product and in ONE day, and is pretty much now just leaving a trail of thick dust for all of them to chew on. To make matters worse, Google has humiliated themselves yet again by quickly adding stand-out features ripped right from the Apple Watch, yet done in a hilariously uglier and unintuitive way just like the birth of their Android phones! lol

Just goes to show.. Google has no idea how to design anything until Apple shows how to pull off a new category.

Can't wait for Apple's answer to Google Glass, Holo-lens and Oculus. I can see them now, laughing at how badly those uninventive companies are trying to be the first in a breakthrough market.

It'll only be when Apple enters the VR wearable space will it go mainstream and see widespread adoption, just like every category they've done.

The ownage is so satisfying, after having called it so long ago.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FireEmblem_Man

@mister-man said:

@FireEmblem_Man:

Did I say people spending $2000 on an Apple Watch? Nope... I'm referring to the Rolex, Tag Huer and Swiss product lines. You know, the premium watches that people spend a thousand to two thousand dollars on? And have been for several decades now?

Makes Apple's $300 Watch all the more appealing. Face it. You own a smartphone. Add to the statistical fact that over 93% of the people interested in buying a smartwatch already has a smartphone.

There are hundreds of millions of iPhone owners (a good few million of recent samsung converts I might add). This explains the massive butt-whuppin' Google is facing in wearable tech. They'll never be able to catch up. Its Android Gear backers have sloppier UI's and design in comprison, and the sales statistics show that smartwatch owners WANT to use it as an extension of not just their devices, but at pay registers, home security interfaces, and health monitoring services.

Just goes to show.. Google has no idea how to design anything until Apple shows how to pull off a new category.

Can't wait for Apple's answer to Google Glass, Holo-lens and Oculus. I can see them now, laughing at how badly those uninventive companies are trying to be the first in a breakthrough market.

It'll only be when Apple enters the VR wearable space will it go mainstream and see widespread adoption, just like every category they've done.

Not even in your wildest dreams, Apple rather be a fashionable luxury company than make great innovations like Holo-Lens. Apple will be behind the times and will have to rely on MS to bail them out again.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mister-Man

@FireEmblem_Man:

Yeah okay. The world said "not in your wildest dreams" when Apple entered the phone business, the tablet business, the mobile payments business and the smartwatch business. In eah case, every other company had years of a headstart, especially where tablets, mobile payments, and smart watches are concerned. What happened there?

Funny how fandroids never learn. It seems like we're all living in my "wildest dreams" while you're simply in a state of denial.

Apple: Never the first to market, but always the one to come out on top, lead, and mainstream it.

Bookmark this thread, because when Apple comes out with something that does the same thing to Google Glass that it did with every other industry, I'll repost here to laugh at you. ;)

spa_sapping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 spa_sapping
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

What did you expect from a mainstream company like Apple ?

i have this old peace of shit watch for almost 5 years now and it still works on my wrist.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FireEmblem_Man

@Davidwilliam06 said:

Hi there! Very good observation here and do agree that the Apple Watch is a pretty sleek device compared to anything else out there! Android watches are just too nasty looking to be able to move anywhere ahead this new device. I am not a fan boy, but you all need to agree that Apple is pretty good at marketing!

If you have tattoo's on both of your arms, then the Apple Watch is pretty useless

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mister-Man

The grasping of straws here is so entertaining, lol. I need to buy several of cases of popcorn to keep up with this guy.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

We all know how die-hard Apple fans like to throw their money at the new thing