NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

Acer's newest tablet is big, heavy and just plain mental.

So let's get to the point, what makes this 2.4 lbs tablet so special? Why would you want this over a 1.7 lbs i7 Surface Pro?

• 13.5" 2256x1504 IPS display
  • Wacom EMR with pen storage
  • Kaby Lake Refresh Core i7 (15 W - 4 cores / 8 threads)
  • NVIDIA MX150 graphics with 2 GB GDDR5
  • Dual LiquidLoop Fanless design
  • Thunderbolt 3 (eGPU support)
  • Power on fingerprint sensor

Expect to see this in December with a starting price of $1,699 (keyboard and stylus included).

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#2 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Hm, I'd certainly consider this over a Surface for sure. I don't know much at all about MX150 graphics, though. Despite eGPU capabilities, I'd still be curious to know more about that.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

@musicalmac said:

Hm, I'd certainly consider this over a Surface for sure. I don't know much at all about MX150 graphics, though. Despite eGPU capabilities, I'd still be curious to know more about that.

The MX150 has a power consumption similar to a GT 940MX and performance slightly higher than a GTX 950M. Not sure if that's helpful.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#4 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@NVIDIATI said:
@musicalmac said:

The MX150 has a power consumption similar to a GT 940MX and performance slightly higher than a GTX 950M. Not sure if that's helpful.

Yep, that's absolutely helpful. I have a laptop with a 940MX and I've been more than happy with how it handles the games I was hoping it would play well (StarCraft 2, Heroes of the Storm, Paladins, etc). That's not bad.