DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

So there's a demo for Ninja Gaiden 3 up on XBL (and I'm assuming PSN as well, but I haven't checked).

It is outrageously bad. Like... I don't have the words. To give you an idea of how retarded this game is: the title menus is sideways. As in, you have to tilt your head to the right to read it properly. Yeah.

That being said, everyone should download it and play it to appreciate just how bad it is. Like, for realz. It'll make you appreciate other games you previously thought were bad.

And it'll also help you appreciate just how damn good the other Ninja Gaiden games were. 

RIP, Ninja Gaiden. We'll always have Black. 

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Best thread title ever.

TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts

No thank you.

Not going near that game.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

No thank you.

Not going near that game.

TreyoftheDead
But you should, Trey. It's like watching Plan 9 from Outer Space or Showgirls, or playing Dragon Age II. Team Ninja just kept making the worst possible decision at every possible time. It's a magnificent exercise in failure.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

I tried it a week ago and yeah it's trash. Worse than I expected. I couldn't even finish it and quit at the part where you have to avoid laser sight from getting you in the smoke or something idk it was awful

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
It's always extra hard to take when you have very low expectations and still find yourself disappointed.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
I'm much happier pretending the game doesn't exist.
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

Now you know that I didn't lie to you when I told you this game was a disgrace to the Ninja Gaiden name.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#9 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

Haha,,,wow. For once you're not exaggerating, it really is that bad. And I don't play Ninja Gaiden (except that Game Boy game, Shadow Dragon, which was pretty cool...but I digress)

There's no challenge to the combat in the slightest. I thought when people described it as "mashy" and "QTE-heavy" that it was simply a poor action game. But literally all you have to do is press x or y repeatedly, and you get all sorts of combos and stuff no matter what you do. I was able to kill one group of enemies with my eyes shut, not moving the analog stick at all, and just tapping x. You could probably beat the whole game that way.

The only enjoyable part was the first line of the demo description: "Feel the burden of cutting another person down in the latest chapter of the acclaimed action series."