CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#4 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts

Godfather III spoilers, even though all you guys bash me for liking it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0Izcdnsrt0

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts
We all knew it was coming. Deep down, we all knew.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

It is ninja gaiden '3' after all :lol:

I suspect the new DmC will be at least mid 7s, the gameplay looks fine, even if it's a meh dev.  

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

I never though much of the series, but wow.

Notes that Kid Icarus got an 8.5 right above it. LOL

lafigueroa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 lafigueroa
Member since 2004 • 6648 Posts
and people thought it would be any different.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

And people laughed when Itagaki left.He may be an assh*le, but at least he knew what the f*ck he was doing.

CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CJL13

Honest thoughts, Metroid Other M was a piece of sh!t so this wasn't totally unexpected, but still you'd think by seeing what made NG 1 and 2 they could AT LEAST make a mediocore Ninja Gaiden game. Not fuking "Repeat battles endlessly, only give you one weapon, repetitive multiplayer,say killing is bad in a game where killing is all you're allowed to do." I guess the moral of Ninja Gaiden 3's story is really "The only winning move is not to play."

Assassin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Assassin_87
Member since 2004 • 2349 Posts

I knew it was crap after seeing gameplay for the first time.

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#12 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
Pretty surprising, thought it'd be a decent game.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I liked the first one but never could get into the second one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*exhales*

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#15 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Itagaki leaves and not only does Team Ninja go bats**t insane without him but he takes all the talent with him.

What a shock. 

But I knew this game was going to suck. The question was how much. 

Cook66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Cook66
Member since 2004 • 5182 Posts
Hmm. What a shame, sucks for those who love(d) these games.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#17 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

*inhales*

lol, I like this sentiment. I'm sure this is what he meant. ;)
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
New DMC will be 9.0 on IGN, 4.5 on Gamespot. Quote me on it. Unlike the rest of Ninja Theory's work, it will have to go up against an stupifyingly strong pedigree with DMC3SE and to a lesser extent, DMC4. IGN will love it because of the style, and Gamespot will harp on it because it is mediocre dross and barely lives up to DMC2.
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts

lol lol lol...I want NoC back just to hear what he has to say.

I knew it was going to be crap as soon as I heard it only has one weapon and 1 ninpo. With itagaki gone I expected at least a better camera but it still looks terrible. Oh yeah since Team Ninja is now a part of KOEI which makes those awful Dynasty Warriors I expect they told them to make it like a Dynasty Warrior game which "fighting is easy, repetitive, and dull." is a major part of the series.

New DMC is going to flop hard as well. The hack and slash genre is now dead....Before you say GoW, I'd like to point it's combat sucks harder than Colts do without Payton Manning.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I might as well find a used Xbox and get Ninja Gaiden Black instead of this mess.

So is the only promising action game to look forward to is Metal Gear Rising? Cause that actually looks fun.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#21 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts
They couldn't deliver on quality, so they had to settle for quantity -_-
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#22 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Look over other reviews and not the IGNorant one. Others are saying it's a good game in it's own right.

IGN just mad. They must be loving all the traffic their site got for that though. They needed a distraction after defending the ME3 ending.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

Not surprised, given how unbelievely shi*ty the E3 demo was.

CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CJL13

lol lol lol...I want NoC back just to hear what he has to say.

I knew it was going to be crap as soon as I heard it only has one weapon and 1 ninpo. With itagaki gone I expected at least a better camera but it still looks terrible. Oh yeah since Team Ninja is now a part of KOEI which makes those awful Dynasty Warriors I expect they told them to make it like a Dynasty Warrior game which "fighting is easy, repetitive, and dull." is a major part of the series.

New DMC is going to flop hard as well. The hack and slash genre is now dead....Before you say GoW, I'd like to point it's combat sucks harder than Colts do without Payton Manning.

kage_53

Bayonetta and Vanquish will disagree.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Look over other reviews and not the IGNorant one. Others are saying it's a good game in it's own right.

IGN just mad. They must be loving all the traffic their site got for that though. They needed a distraction after defending the ME3 ending.

ChubbyGuy40

Others are appreciating the "narrative route" and totally fine with it being a one weapon, easier, and shallower game that doesn't kick your ass.

I'm more willing to side with IGN instead of the douchebags that are happier with Ninja Gaiden: The I Have A Vagina Edition

Bayonetta and Vanquish will disagree.

CJL13

How the **** is Vanquish a hack n slash?

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ChubbyGuy40

Others are appreciating the "narrative route" and totally fine with it being a one weapon, easier, and shallower game that doesn't kick your ass.
I'm more willing to side with IGN instead of the douchebags that are happier with Ninja Gaiden: The I Have A Vagina Edition

jg4xchamp

What was so great about the first one? I've only played Sigma, and didn't try 2 because of it. It was so damn repetitive that I can't believe anyone could enjoy it. That and the poor camera angles.

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kage_53

I'd like to know that too Champ.

Anyway another review. This one is from Gamesradar:

" Ninja Gaiden 3 has completely missed the point of everything that made the series great. Challenging combat, weapon variety, engaging enemies and the series' legendary difficulty have all been cut out in favor of a bland story, flashy finish moves, screen nukes, and button mashing. "

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

ChubbyGuy40

What was so great about the first one? I've only played Sigma, and didn't try 2 because of it. It was so damn repetitive that I can't believe anyone could enjoy it. That and the poor camera angles.

You are an idiot, stop talking.

I'd like to know that too Champ.

Anyway another review. This one is from Gamesradar:

" Ninja Gaiden 3 has completely missed the point of everything that made the series great. Challenging combat, weapon variety, engaging enemies and the series' legendary difficulty have all been cut out in favor of a bland story, flashy finish moves, screen nukes, and button mashing. "

kage_53

It's supremely depressing when Zelda, the new castlevania, God of War(okay except for one), and even freaken Darksiders can boast a better combat scheme than a Ninja Gaiden game.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ChubbyGuy40

You are an idiot, stop talking.jg4xchamp

Not until I get an answer on why NG or the two revisions are good. Gonna check out NG3 right after I try RE:ORC.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]You are an idiot, stop talking.ChubbyGuy40

Not until I get an answer on why NG or the two revisions are good. Gonna check out NG3 right after I try RE:ORC.

How is the first one repetitive? What did you do finish the first 2 segments of the game and called it a day? There isn't a hack n slash game that can boast better enemy variety. Either in standard enemies or boss fights. And the camera is hardly an issue for anyone that understands how a controller works. Learn 2 left trigger. ****ing twit

If anything the original is the more varied game because of the light adventure elements in between(which weren't that good, but that's besides the point). To this day that game has better level design work than every hack n slash game. Where as Bayonetta/DMC/God of War all have these pocket arena type areas where parts of the environment are blocked off until you clear the room NG had more elaborate environments that allowed you to run away. You'd also be getting chased, but you at least had the option of luring them to an area that either confined them a bit more, or opened up to be friendlier to your assets.

It was also a very balanced game. Unlike two where offscreen projectiles were an actual issue(and made the camera far more frustrating for it). One really didn't. At least not nearly to the same extent. There is enough down time in segments for the game to come to a halt and let you breathe, and then there enough highs where you were hanging on for dear life. Two felt like a non stop barrage at times.

Throw in enemy types that were extremely aggressive right off the bat, and not there to specifically be punching bags unless you're running up the score, or the very one dimensional enemies of God of War; and you have some supremely satisfying action. It's a game that's simple enough to get a grasp of, deep enough to make replaying worth it to learn all its little nuances, and challenging enough to punish you for ever getting wreckless or cocky. Unless you really feel like spamming flying swallow. Best of all amping up the difficulty wasn't your typical "oh look we made the enemies more spongy' nonsense. Entire chapters changed if you went from Normal to Hard to Master Ninja.

The combat itself mechanically had good feedback, tight controls(again left trigger), and the slickest animations at the time for that type of game. The only thing DMC3 did better was it was more friendly towards custom combos(hell it probably still does have the best tools for custom combos). In sheer speed, balance between offense and defense, depth, and all that jazz it had no equal.

Even if Sigma toned down the difficulty, even if that game tacked on elements that didn't mesh with the rest of the game. Such as the dual swords that are poorly developed or the Rachel Segments which just sucked. Sigma still maintained a slick combat scheme, a crap ton of content, and all the other stuff that made Ninja Gaiden Black...rephrase that. The stuff that still makes Ninja Gaiden Black better than all the other hack n slash games, and most action games in general. So at worst it's only missing some elements that made the bulk of the NGB experience, but it's the majority of it.

And it's somehow repetitive and boring? and somehow a one weapon, shallow, wannabee cinematic(it isn't even good at it) sh1t barrel of idiocy is within the same ball park of that game? Get real.

inb4 opinion excuse

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kage_53

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]You are an idiot, stop talking.ChubbyGuy40

......My review quote told you why NG is good. Way to ignore my post.....

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ChubbyGuy40

......My review quote told you why NG is good. Way to ignore my post.....kage_53

Actually I did.

How is the first one repetitive? What did you do finish the first 2 segments of the game and called it a day? There isn't a hack n slash game that can boast better enemy variety. Either in standard enemies or boss fights. And the camera is hardly an issue for anyone that understands how a controller works. Learn 2 left trigger. ****ing twit

and somehow a one weapon, shallow, wannabe cinematic(it isn't even good at it) sh1t barrel of idiocy is within the same ball park of that game? Get real.

inb4 opinion excuse

jg4xchamp

Finally someone explains why they consider it good. Only answer you'll get out of most is difficulty. Anyway, you never felt like it was repetitive at all? I only made it to chapter 5 (lolol u got nowhere) if I remember correctly, but it wasn't the combat or difficulty that was putting me off. I was already tired of it. Something just wasn't clicking with me and if I knew what it was I would state it. Same reason I never finished DMC4. After a certain amount of time I just got bored of playing it. Perhaps I need to go back and give it another chance. Never did rule that out, but there's other games I'd like to play first.

Never tried to defend it or state that at all. I knew people were going to sh*t all over the game and not even give it a chance because the team took NG in a new direction. The only thing I know I'm going to hate are all the slow-mo QTEs. 

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jg4xchamp
Not really, because just when you've had enough of the ninjas with with the exploding shurikens, and the military you fight t-rexes, done with them zombie skeleton monsters? demons, some weird super ninja sh1ts, and so on. Bosses were plenty different from each other. And only a few of them really repeated.

There was enough different sh1t to kill that didn't all attack you the same way, and plenty of variety in the combat scenarios that it presented to you. It was mostly straight forward at times, and I can see if action, action, action comes off repetitive, but by that logic WAY too many games would be considered repetitive.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Ninja Gaiden 2 is better than Black.

u mad champ?

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 110million

u mad champ?

Aljosa23

Lying so badly woulden't make someone mad. :o  

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

u mad champ?

110million

Lying so badly woulden't make someone mad. :o

I agree, but spreading the inconvenient truth would. :)

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 110million

I agree, but spreading the inconvenient truth would. :)

Aljosa23

I admit I barely played either. :P

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jg4xchamp

u mad champ?

Aljosa23
In combat and quantity of weapons, the rest of the game is all in NGB's favor
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#39 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
Basedgod advises people to take ChubbyGuy40 with a grain of salt. This is the guy that dislikes Bayonetta with a passion after all.
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

Now thats ruining the franchise right there, one f****** weapon ? why? even if its from Itagaki I wouldn't settle for one weapon only :?

All hope is left for MGS Rising, the new DMC and a third game that I can't figure what, I know I watched a promising action game but goddamn total memory loss on that game.