Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

Hello!

This board is your spot for Android news and discussion.

Welcome to the Google Android Discussion Board. Use this thread to introduce youself and share your personal expirience with Android.

Don't forget to read the Rules & FAQ before posting!

Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts

First! :D

Hello everyone. Pretty new to Android. Got my first Android device this year infact and loving it. I have the G2X and there isn't anything that this phone can't do. Cheers!

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Second. I am on the HTC Evo 3D.
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

First! :D

Hello everyone. Pretty new to Android. Got my first Android device this year infact and loving it. I have the G2X and there isn't anything that this phone can't do. Cheers!

Steameffekt
I have the G2X too which I got a few weeks ago. It's good timing since there's that $0.10 app sale on the Android Market, and as a newbie I can test all kind of games/apps without spending too much.
James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Got my first andriod Device this summer and love it. Currently have a LG Optimus V and an Asus Transformer

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
I recently switched to Android too. I'm using a Nexus S. I'm a huge fan of open source projects so the allure of an open source mobile platform is what drew me to Android. No other platform gives you the kind of control that Android does.
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Rikusaki

I recently switched to Android too. I'm using a Nexus S. I'm a huge fan of open source projects so the allure of an open source mobile platform is what drew me to Android. No other platform gives you the kind of control that Android does. UssjTrunks
And devs continue to demonstrate the power of open source. Android 4.0 was recently ported to the G1. The dev community behind Android is nothing short of amazing.

sal_stinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sal_stinger
Member since 2004 • 778 Posts
It took me about 2 minutes to realize that they made a different forums for Android and iOS already! I was looking for the previous named forums and couldn't find it. Welcome Androidions!! :)
Fandangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Fandangle
Member since 2003 • 3433 Posts

Currently have HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy tab x2 - for the wife

Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Artekus
Member since 2008 • 15700 Posts

I got my first Android phone last week after years of using an iPhone. I currently own a Galaxy Nexus.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts
Hi forumites.... Got a desire HD have not upgraded yet till something appealing comes.
WiiRocks66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 WiiRocks66
Member since 2007 • 3488 Posts

Hello. On my 3rd Android phone, the Droid 3. I got my first Android phone more than 2 years ago-the Motorola Droid. Then I went to a Fascinate, and now the 3. I plan on buying a Galaxy Nexus in a few months.

EDIT: Will we be allowed to discuss rooting, customs ROMs, and related matters? I don't see anything about it in the FAQ or ToU.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Rikusaki

Hello. On my 3rd Android phone, the Droid 3. I got my first Android phone more than 2 years ago-the Motorola Droid. Then I went to a Fascinate, and now the 3. I plan on buying a Galaxy Nexus in a few months.

EDIT: Will we be allowed to discuss rooting, customs ROMs, and related matters? I don't see anything about it in the FAQ or ToU.

WiiRocks66
That would be so cool if we could discuss Android Development. The amazing dev community is one of the reasons why I love Android.
Loegi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Loegi
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts
First page! Just tried Onlive at my school, and they have terrible connection, so I was disconnected a few times. I would love it if they took advantage of touch screen and physical controls, would love to be able to use my Desire Z's keyboard.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

[QUOTE="WiiRocks66"]

Rikusaki

That would be so cool if we could discuss Android Development. The amazing dev community is one of the reasons why I love Android.

I don't see why we couldn't. Rooting is perfectly legal, unlike jailbreaking.

WiiRocks66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WiiRocks66
Member since 2007 • 3488 Posts

[QUOTE="Rikusaki"][QUOTE="WiiRocks66"]

UssjTrunks

Under the old ToU and in the old board it wasn't allowed. But I'm hoping this has changed. There are plenty of people here who either want help rooting or wanna discuss custom ROMs. So, I'm hoping we can.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rikusaki

[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]

[QUOTE="Rikusaki"] That would be so cool if we could discuss Android Development. The amazing dev community is one of the reasons why I love Android.WiiRocks66

Under the old ToU and in the old board it wasn't allowed. But I'm hoping this has changed. There are plenty of people here who either want help rooting or wanna discuss custom ROMs. So, I'm hoping we can.

I'm crossing my fingers!

ferycire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 ferycire
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Hi everyone! I own an Samsung Galaxy S
unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
Hello, I just got a Sony Xperia Arc.
awptical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 awptical
Member since 2003 • 844 Posts

Glad to see seperate forums, that ceratin iPhone user was a real idiot with his spamming iPhone posts. Cant stand fanboys, not matter what the brand.

Anyway, I ordred the Galaxy Nexus earlier today, should be here Monday! Cant wait. I really like how stylish and "sophisticated" ICS looks compared to past versions of Android and even IOS which looks too childish for my tastes. I saw it Verizon today and the screen was beautiful! Looks just as sharp as my iPhone 4S did, but the colors really make the image pop out. The huge screen realestate is a huge plus also. Really excited about it :)

SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
My Evo 4G is my first Android phone, but I've had it for a year and a half so I know my way around all of this stuff. Still waiting for something worth upgrading to.
Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

Got a Razr as my first Android phone a month or so ago and I'll never go back.

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
First Android phone (and first smartphone to boot) is my Samsung Galaxy S2. Love it so far.
PolskaKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PolskaKing
Member since 2008 • 39592 Posts
Hello! Just purchased my first Android phone yesterday (G2x) and loving it so far.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
Its my birthday today and my girlfriend got me a Huawei Sonic which is what I'd been planning to get anyway. It was pretty cheap and its my first smartphone, on charge right now :D Now I have an Android Phone and iPad 2, I'm bi-techsexual :P
Speed_RacerME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Speed_RacerME
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I currently have an Alcatel Blaze OT-990. I'm happy with it but there are times when I can't find games I want to download like Trapezoid and 2XL MX Offroad. I wonder if it's because of the firmware? It runs on Froyo and I haven't upgraded it yet..
ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
I got my first Android device last month (Galaxy Note). I'm currently loving it. I've already rooted it and switched to custom ROMs.
tmd2fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tmd2fast
Hi, nice to be here! I've got an Samsung i9100 (Galaxy s2) and I hope i'm going to boost my activity on it along with you.
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#30 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

Have been using Android 2.3 for a while now and I love it. I should be able to get a Galaxy Nexus in the next coming weeks :D I love Android, the apps, the multitasking, everything.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Android is the best! I love what Google is doing for the digital era and I know they will eventually come out on top. I think we should fuse the Android and Apple boards again because it's way to slow in both and it was a lot better before when they were both under the mobile section. Just a thought.
mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mjc  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 12723 Posts

Hi all. My first Android device was the original Galaxy Tab and I picked up a Sony Xperia Arc soon after. Unfortunately, I didn't have the best experience with either and recent got rid of them. However, I've picked up a new Galaxy Tab 7.7 and things are looking better. I'm excited to see what ICS can bring as well.

zgircila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 zgircila
I own a Nokia N8, I like it a lot.
martin_style

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 martin_style
I like Android, it great
Adward9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Adward9999
I have brought my new android phone samsong galaxy,I love my phone,really it is awesome
aqkamboh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 aqkamboh

I like it and because its latest technologies now a day still..............

BiH_Gangster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#38 BiH_Gangster
Member since 2008 • 39 Posts

Hi everyone got a Galaxy S Plus device few weeks ago, still can't beat the learning curve :D So many functions and things to do on the phone, kinda feels like a miniature laptop device

Acetastic543

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Acetastic543
Hi! Everyone! I am new to this forum (the layout of this site is a bit different from the usual forum sites, huh).... anyways, I've been looking for a good android-game site and i hope that i will be enjoying my stay here... thanks in advance!
touchmenot55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 touchmenot55
What device do you have Acetastic? Hi guys! I own a Galaxy Tab phone edition. It's not that I'm into giant phones cuz I also have a Galaxy Mini! Hello to everyone!
dobango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dobango
Hello friends, Android powers hundreds of millions of mobile devices in more than 190 countries around the world. It's the largest installed base of any mobile platform and growing fastevery day another million users power up their Android devices for the first time and start looking for apps, games, and other digital content. Best regards Nicholas
Avatar image for Defy_The_Fallen
Defy_The_Fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 Defy_The_Fallen
Member since 2011 • 621 Posts

I got my first actual smart phone in august of 2011, and it was a HTC Pro 7 Windows Phone. I've now sold that, and was planning on saving up for the Samsung Ativ S, the beefier phone in the new WP8 lineup. However the Nexus 4 caught my eye, and it looks incredible. It'll be my first Andriod device so I'll have no idea what I'm doing at first, but I really hope it lives up to my expectations.

I'm considering buying a Sony Smart Watch along side it as well, it seems like a great accessory.

misteroram01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 misteroram01

I recently switched to Android too.

get3view

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 get3view
Thanks for sharing wonderful I got my first Android phone . currently own a Galaxy Nexus. It is just awesome.