Yankees vs. Redsox

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JustAGamer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 JustAGamer01
Member since 2004 • 568 Posts

Here we go again the biggest rivalery in sports play thier first game today any predication?

Me Andy pitches great, A-rod hits another homer, and schilling gets rocked...7-2 is the game..

Avatar image for schoolisnotkool
schoolisnotkool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 schoolisnotkool
Member since 2004 • 1973 Posts

Red Sox will rock pettite with 5 runs in 4 innings. Home runs by ramirez and lowell..Schilling will shut down yanks offense until the 7th when he gives up two run homer to arod...Red Sox win 9 to 4..

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

Either way it goes, there was no curse. Your team just sucked for 86 years. Reverse that.

jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 jeebuscrust
Member since 2004 • 5571 Posts

Either way it goes, there was no curse. Your team just sucked for 86 years. Reverse that.

SpideR_CentS

Wow so since you guys have had nothing to brag about for this decade you have to bring up the past, great arguement.

Pettitte and Schilling will both have bad games, but the Red Sox win 9-7.

Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
Redsox/Yankees, 420.....8)
MasterSwordXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 MasterSwordXXX
Member since 2007 • 943 Posts

the sox will be looking for some revenge for that 5 game sweep from last season, manny will go 3-4 with a homer and a double, schilling 9 ks, pettite taking out after 4 1/2 innings..... sox win 5-2

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
Yankees will smash the Sox tonight, 11-4
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
Well our best shot is tonight with Pettite on the mound so I think it would be a low scoring game with the bullpens deciding the outcome. As far as the series go I just hope the rookies stay long enough to save some arms for the bullpen. But remember this is the first of 6 series between them so this doesn't mean that much standing wise.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Master_Live

SpideR_CentS

How rude, LOL. 

hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hendrix29
Member since 2006 • 10960 Posts

I want to see how Matsuzaka does against a yankees lineup this good.

fcjklosn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fcjklosn
Member since 2006 • 1048 Posts

Yankees are going to win with Mariano Rivera getting his first save by a score of 7 to 5. Arod goes 3 for 5 with a home run.

EJSGAME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 EJSGAME
Member since 2004 • 44 Posts

Big Papi & Papelbon

Go BoSox!!!!

Yanks Vs. Sox

Its the reason baseball is alive:!

hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hendrix29
I personally think it will be 5 to 3 yankees, and Mariano will record his first save of the season.
schoolisnotkool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 schoolisnotkool

hendrix29
The yankee lineup isn't unbeatable, their lineup consists of homerun hitters, a swing and miss type lineup, as well as the bosox, its when you start walking guys and throwing a ton of pitches you get beat. Thats why when a pitcher throws first pitch strikes and breaking balls out of the zone they beat the yankees, when you walk a leadoff hitter and then fall behind someone like giambi or arod 2-0, 3-0, thats when they hit extra bases.
hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hendrix29
[QUOTE="hendrix29"]

schoolisnotkool

The yankee lineup isn't unbeatable, their lineup consists of homerun hitters, a swing and miss type lineup, as well as the bosox, its when you start walking guys and throwing a ton of pitches you get beat. Thats why when a pitcher throws first pitch strikes and breaking balls out of the zone they beat the yankees, when you walk a leadoff hitter and then fall behind someone like giambi or arod 2-0, 3-0, thats when they hit extra bases.

wait, you're telling me Damon, Jeter, Cano, Cabrera, and Abreu are swing and miss hitters who will falter against first pitch strikes and breaking balls out of the zone? It's been proven time and again that the yankees are one of the most patient hitting teams in the MLB, and they aren't as much focused on power as they were two to four years ago.

viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts
[QUOTE="schoolisnotkool"][QUOTE="hendrix29"]

hendrix29

The yankee lineup isn't unbeatable, their lineup consists of homerun hitters, a swing and miss type lineup, as well as the bosox, its when you start walking guys and throwing a ton of pitches you get beat. Thats why when a pitcher throws first pitch strikes and breaking balls out of the zone they beat the yankees, when you walk a leadoff hitter and then fall behind someone like giambi or arod 2-0, 3-0, thats when they hit extra bases.

wait, you're telling me Damon, Jeter, Cano, Cabrera, and Abreu are swing and miss hitters who will falter against first pitch strikes and breaking balls out of the zone? It's been proven time and again that the yankees are one of the most patient hitting teams in the MLB, and they aren't as much focused on power as they were two to four years ago.

QFT. Add Matsui to the list as well. Giambi is also a notoriously patient hitter despite his power. The Yankee lineup, when healthy, is as complete and dangerous a lineup as you're gonna see in the majors. Sure they aren't unbeatable but coming up with a gameplan to shut them down is much easier said than done. Fear them! :twisted:

A-Rod is on another level, Pettitte is pitching well, the NY bullpen has been surprisingly steady and the Yankees will take it tonight. The rest of the weekend gets a bit tougher with NY throwing out two replacements against two aces, but with those bats anything can happen. If Wang returns for Sunday that game will have a stellar pitching matchup, should be a fun series all around.

JustAGamer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JustAGamer01
[QUOTE="schoolisnotkool"][QUOTE="hendrix29"]

hendrix29

Yep yankees are potent offense 'cause of thier patience and bats...

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"]

jeebuscrust

Wow so since you guys have had nothing to brag about for this decade you have to bring up the past, great arguement.

Pettitte and Schilling will both have bad games, but the Red Sox win 9-7.

you guys? it was just that guy.
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NetYankEagle
[QUOTE="hendrix29"]

schoolisnotkool
The yankee lineup isn't unbeatable, their lineup consists of homerun hitters, a swing and miss type lineup, as well as the bosox, its when you start walking guys and throwing a ton of pitches you get beat. Thats why when a pitcher throws first pitch strikes and breaking balls out of the zone they beat the yankees, when you walk a leadoff hitter and then fall behind someone like giambi or arod 2-0, 3-0, thats when they hit extra bases.

i forgot yesterdays rally all came from homeruns.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Master_Live
[QUOTE="hendrix29"]

schoolisnotkool

Ummm, "swing and miss type lineup" :roll:...lets do as if you didn't say that and I will forget it.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
If Red Sox get to the ninth with the lead, Papelbon will finish the game, same goes for the Yankees with Rivera. It will be a close game. Both have a great lineup although Yankees is better, but Red Sox has the better pitcher on the mound.
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NetYankEagle
ARROODDDD ARROOODDD
schoolisnotkool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 schoolisnotkool
What I meant is lineups filled with power hitters, like the yankees and red sox, they look for the homerun before then single or double, they get paid to hit extra bases. So when you put a pitch away consistently hes going to pull off the outside pitch unless he is commited to hitting it the opposite way, like arod did today and varitek. But a home run hitter is going to try and foul those pitches off until he gets one down the middle so he can pull it for a home run. If he never gets that dead red fastball then what is he going to do other then slap it the other way for a single or double. Good pitchers don't give home run hitters what they want. Thats what I meant..
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
Boston gets swept again, atleast it won't be the humiliation of 5.
EJSGAME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 EJSGAME

How about that crazy rendition of the star spangled banner!

THAT was cool!

Robbie_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#26 Robbie_IV
Member since 2003 • 23299 Posts
Good lord..... this has been one Hell of a game.
hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hendrix29
unbelievable, Rivera has been almost awful in the last two games he has pitched.
Robbie_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#28 Robbie_IV
Member since 2003 • 23299 Posts
Ladies and gentlemen.... THAT is why we watch baseball.
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NetYankEagle
this happened last year and the year before Mariano just sucks in the first month of baseball
piper77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 piper77
Member since 2003 • 2245 Posts
WTG Red Sox! Let's go!!
hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hendrix29

Ladies and gentlemen.... THAT is why we watch baseball.Robbie_IV

not for me it's not...

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
I still can't believe the best closer in history screwed that game up...but good for the Red Sox
Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts
That was so awesome. I was on my couch yelling and screaming during the 8th inning. Heh, it's time to face facts, Rivera. The Red Sox have your number. Woot!
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#35 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts

I'm impressed by the Sox's closer.  He did a pretty good job being a rookie and all.  I can't imagine how hard it is for 'Tech and him to communicate over pitches and batters.

Also, you'd think that the Yanks would learn about sending Rivera out against the Sox.  They manhandled him, as always. 

schoolisnotkool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 schoolisnotkool

I'm impressed by the Sox's closer.  He did a pretty good job being a rookie and all.  I can't imagine how hard it is for 'Tech and him to communicate over pitches and batters.

Also, you'd think that the Yanks would learn about sending Rivera out against the Sox.  They manhandled him, as always. 

helium_flash
He is a rookie in the mlb but okajima was the best in the business back in japan, the red sox got him to face lefties but he actually is better against righties, he can get both out efficiently with his change, splitter and curve, the sox knew what they were getting. They plucked the best talent from overseas, that includes dice k.
Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
great game, ahhhh freakin a-rod still
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ngamer05

Ladies and gentlemen.... THAT is why we watch baseball.Robbie_IV

Braves/Mets game was better 8) 

EJSGAME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 EJSGAME

No way is this thread ending in a Braves fan posting "the Braves game was better"

A-rod had a great game but in the end it was the Red Sox who had the timely hits and better pitching.

Go sox! 2nd game today 3:55 pm

dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts

I don't understand why Torre would have not pitched Farnsworth in the 8th, or better yet save Proctor for the set-up role. Vizcaiano has been overtaxed, and was awful in his last outing. In the end though after all of Alex's heroics, I can't see anyway the Yankees can bounce back today. Even though I think Beckett is due to get smacked around and pitched to a 9.00 something era against the Yanks last season.

Next weeks series with Wang, Mussina and Matsui healthy, will be a stronger barometer of where these two teams will end up when the smoke clears. 

viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#41 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts

I still can't believe the best closer in history screwed that game up...but good for the Red Soxdkhw

Yeah, Rivera blew it, but do any other Yankee fans out there get seriously pissed off when Torre throws Rivera into the worst possible situations like last night, basically setting him up to fail if he isn't up to his hall of fame caliber? I have faith in the guy but if you're going to bring him in during the 8th, do it when he's got a little room to work with or at the beginning of the inning. So frustrating. Good game Sox fans, we'll get ya back tonight..

JustAGamer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JustAGamer01

[QUOTE="dkhw"]I still can't believe the best closer in history screwed that game up...but good for the Red Soxviberooni

Yeah, Rivera blew it, but do any other Yankee fans out there get seriously pissed off when Torre throws Rivera into the worst possible situations like last night, basically setting him up to fail if he isn't up to his hall of fame caliber? I have faith in the guy but if you're going to bring him in during the 8th, do it when he's got a little room to work with or at the beginning of the inning. So frustrating. Good game Sox fans, we'll get ya back tonight..

I know what u mean torre should thrown fransworth or bruney out there to see if they could get a double play ball.....

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ngamer05

No way is this thread ending in a Braves fan posting "the Braves game was better"

EJSGAME

Truth hurts? :lol: 

EJSGAME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 EJSGAME
;)  well.....
rykaziel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rykaziel
Member since 2003 • 1149 Posts
[QUOTE="viberooni"]

[QUOTE="dkhw"]I still can't believe the best closer in history screwed that game up...but good for the Red SoxJustAGamer01

I know what u mean torre should thrown fransworth or bruney out there to see if they could get a double play ball.....

Rivera was rushed in.  He has a very specific routine he does to get warmed up, and what happened to the "not having Mo come in until the 9th" thing that was going on this spring?  Proctor and Farnsworth are on the team for a reason.  You had 3 runs to give, no need to rush Mo out there.  And Vizcaino is worthless, he needs to stop pitching.  IMO, this one is on Torre.  Terrible end game management. 

kingrich06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 110

#46 kingrich06
Member since 2006 • 5403 Posts
even tho I am a yankees fan , with the pitchers this weekend yankees will get swept
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#47 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
It was quite a bad situation Rivera was thrown in, but you can't completely blame it on Torre. Rivera is a 3 time fireman award (is that the right award?), and is said to be one of the best closers in the game today. He should be able to go AT LEAST 5 outs with one man on first. Fact of the matter is, he got crushed. Simple. Half of all his losses have come from the Sox; they have his number.
slateman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 slateman_basic
Member since 2002 • 4142 Posts
[QUOTE="JustAGamer01"][QUOTE="viberooni"]

[QUOTE="dkhw"]I still can't believe the best closer in history screwed that game up...but good for the Red Soxrykaziel

Rivera was rushed in. He has a very specific routine he does to get warmed up, and what happened to the "not having Mo come in until the 9th" thing that was going on this spring? Proctor and Farnsworth are on the team for a reason. You had 3 runs to give, no need to rush Mo out there. And Vizcaino is worthless, he needs to stop pitching. IMO, this one is on Torre. Terrible end game management.

Poor him.

The Red Sox own Rivera. He's blown a save against them 12 times in the past 3 or 4 years. The Red Sox have his number. It started in the 2004 ALCS. 

dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
[QUOTE="rykaziel"][QUOTE="JustAGamer01"][QUOTE="viberooni"]

[QUOTE="dkhw"]I still can't believe the best closer in history screwed that game up...but good for the Red Soxslateman_basic

Rivera was rushed in. He has a very specific routine he does to get warmed up, and what happened to the "not having Mo come in until the 9th" thing that was going on this spring? Proctor and Farnsworth are on the team for a reason. You had 3 runs to give, no need to rush Mo out there. And Vizcaino is worthless, he needs to stop pitching. IMO, this one is on Torre. Terrible end game management.

Poor him.

The Red Sox own Rivera. He's blown a save against them 12 times in the past 3 or 4 years. The Red Sox have his number. It started in the 2004 ALCS.

Did you miss the Boston Massacre last year, when it was Papelbon losing games with the Red Sox season on the line. Mo looked pretty good there.
schoolisnotkool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 schoolisnotkool
[QUOTE="slateman_basic"][QUOTE="rykaziel"][QUOTE="JustAGamer01"][QUOTE="viberooni"]

[QUOTE="dkhw"]I still can't believe the best closer in history screwed that game up...but good for the Red Soxdru26

Poor him.

Did you miss the Boston Massacre last year, when it was Papelbon losing games with the Red Sox season on the line. Mo looked pretty good there.

Like I said in another post, Papelbon was overworked last year, he was heavily fatigued, if he was healthy he would have gotten the job done for sure.