Vince Young is the Madden 08 coverboy

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jimmygrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jimmygrace
Member since 2007 • 2405 Posts
What a sad end to what looked like a promising career. http://nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section=33&screen=news&news_id=55690
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
damn and Young could have done so many things this year
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
Oh, those poor Titans.
xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
watch titans dominate take the south from the colts. and go to the superbowl maybe win it. vy breaks the curse.
jimmygrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jimmygrace
Member since 2007 • 2405 Posts

watch titans dominate take the south from the colts. and go to the superbowl maybe win it. vy breaks the curse.xbox360isgr8t

Or maybe he tears his ACL in week 2.The curse is alive.

Elitemajik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Elitemajik
Member since 2002 • 333 Posts
worse guy EVER to be on the cover
xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
last years curse. yah alexander definatly struggled and got hurt. the team struggled but backed into the playoffs. so it wasnt the worst year of the curse imo. mcnabb and culepepper had some bad years under the curse.
JRoss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 JRoss17
Member since 2005 • 5915 Posts
Are you sure? Its from nasvhille and last time I checked tennesee was in nashville, could be one of those copys?
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts

worse guy EVER to be on the coverElitemajik

You say that after he dominated college and after he won rookie of the year in the NFL.....:|

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
I considered him as an option for the cover, didn't think he was going to get it though...
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
im a little surprised, I think this is the first time Madden has put a 2nd year player on their cover
KoFoNiO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 KoFoNiO
Member since 2006 • 938 Posts
Wow, EA could've waited at least another year before they wanted to end Young's season. How come P. Manning never gets it?
Elitemajik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Elitemajik
Member since 2002 • 333 Posts

[QUOTE="Elitemajik"]worse guy EVER to be on the coverEspurs117

You say that after he dominated college and after he won rookie of the year in the NFL.....:|

he didnt win ROY it was given to him because of his college hype. just ask how far a dominate college career got ryan leaf in the pro's
-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -ZeRoHouR-
Member since 2003 • 8089 Posts
I wish Vince Young a speedy recovery.
nickmag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nickmag
Member since 2006 • 6710 Posts
bah, I was going to draft him in fantasy football :(
BonesNFG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 BonesNFG
Member since 2007 • 356 Posts

worse guy EVER to be on the coverElitemajik

I agree... he had a good rookie year but he'll never be a good quarterback.  He makes things happen but is below average at throwing.

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts
As long as it isn't Tomlinson.... I feel for Vince Young...
rocket9434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 rocket9434
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts
Why Young? There were other choices than Young, and other people like Peyton deserved it more.
silentstriderm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 silentstriderm
Member since 2005 • 496 Posts

Are you sure? Its from nasvhille and last time I checked tennesee was in nashville, could be one of those copys?JRoss17

Other way around chief.  Nashville(city) is in Tennessee(state)

Avatar image for TheDarkDisciple
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheDarkDisciple
Member since 2004 • 3564 Posts

Poor guy, it's gonna be a short NFL career for him... too bad it wasn't Peyton.

That-B-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 That-B-Guy
Member since 2005 • 657 Posts
I hope the Titans have a good back-up QB...
Going666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Going666
Member since 2004 • 2398 Posts

I can imagine the Madden team contacting players:

"Hey LT want to be on the cover?" "... God no!"

"WHat about you Peyton?" "...Get out of my house"

"Well, who do people know, yet it won't matter when the fizzle out?" "Young."

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
Wow, EA could've waited at least another year before they wanted to end Young's season. How come P. Manning never gets it?KoFoNiO
Do people still not understand that its the decision of the Player to be on the cover of the game and Manning was also already on NFL Fever. This P Mannin gbeing on cover has been asked to happen like every year now but people still dotn understand
JRoss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 JRoss17
Member since 2005 • 5915 Posts

[QUOTE="JRoss17"]Are you sure? Its from nasvhille and last time I checked tennesee was in nashville, could be one of those copys?silentstriderm

Other way around chief.  Nashville(city) is in Tennessee(state)

Yes, sorry lol
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts

How come P. Manning never gets it?KoFoNiO

:|

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
I have mixed feelings about this.  I think putting VY on the cover is a total joke, as he doesn't deserve it.  There are probably 30 better choices out there.  But, the fact that he doesn't speak discernable English makes me dislike him, so I hope the Madden Curse is real.
PatsFanVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#27 PatsFanVince
Member since 2006 • 290 Posts
I wander if EA realizes theres other positions besides Quarterback in the NFL plus I really don't want to see anything bad happen to him because I think he'll have a great future and im a fan of his.  If nothing does happen to him then great selection since this year has had a lot of first for him such as a Pro Bowl season.
Gamefan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gamefan1986
Member since 2005 • 1325 Posts

I have mixed feelings about this.  I think putting VY on the cover is a total joke, as he doesn't deserve it.  There are probably 30 better choices out there.  But, the fact that he doesn't speak discernable English makes me dislike him, so I hope the Madden Curse is real.murlow12

Wow, someone who claims to be a catholic wishing injury on another human being? It's been a while since I've heard something that mean spirited. Peyton Manning ticks me off to no end, but I would never wish harm on him. Anyway, I hope this isn't true because the Titans were primed to go back to the playoffs this season.

themexican201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 themexican201
Member since 2003 • 368 Posts
I have mixed feelings about this.  I think putting VY on the cover is a total joke, as he doesn't deserve it.  There are probably 30 better choices out there.  But, the fact that he doesn't speak discernable English makes me dislike him, so I hope the Madden Curse is real.murlow12
While i do think he had a great season for being a rookie i think the whole madden cover deal was rushed. discernible english? Have you even heard him talk before? He speaks perfectly clear and very discernible english. Oh you say your a catholic yet you wish harm on another person how ridiculous is that?
gtx-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gtx-1
Member since 2007 • 901 Posts

[QUOTE="Elitemajik"]worse guy EVER to be on the coverEspurs117

No, this is a pretty bad cover guy. Since he's a rookie, no rookie deserves to be on a cover in their first season. There we're other players who 'deserved' it. 

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Espurs117
[QUOTE="Espurs117"]

[QUOTE="Elitemajik"]worse guy EVER to be on the coverElitemajik

he didnt win ROY it was given to him because of his college hype. just ask how far a dominate college career got ryan leaf in the pro's

Thats your excuse? Trust me dude if it was about college hype Reggie Bush would of gotten it. Oh and comparing Vince Young to Ryan Leaf.....:|

MaChaorules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 MaChaorules
Member since 2005 • 4951 Posts
oh great i feel bad for him
twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#33 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
Well he didn't deserve it at all. I hope he gets injured.
Avatar image for 206461861543079188321160707076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 206461861543079188321160707076
Member since 2005 • 1256 Posts

How can Vince Young break the Madden Curse when Eddie George had a Career year after he was put on the cover and Ray Lewis had a Pro Bowl season when he was the coverboy? The only way Ill  admit Vince is cursed is if he suffers a serious injury during the season. I dont see how he could do worse passing wise.(2199yds 12tds 13ints 51.5%)

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 murlow12
[QUOTE="murlow12"]I have mixed feelings about this.  I think putting VY on the cover is a total joke, as he doesn't deserve it.  There are probably 30 better choices out there.  But, the fact that he doesn't speak discernable English makes me dislike him, so I hope the Madden Curse is real.themexican201
While i do think he had a great season for being a rookie i think the whole madden cover deal was rushed. discernible english? Have you even heard him talk before? He speaks perfectly clear and very discernible english. Oh you say your a catholic yet you wish harm on another person how ridiculous is that?

The fact that I'm talking about curses shows that I'm not serious.  Do you think I'm doing some kind of voodoo on VY?  Get a clue.  As for his English, you must have graduated from the VY school of ebonics if you thing he speaks perfect English.
strongbow540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 strongbow540
Member since 2007 • 173 Posts

As long as it isn't Tomlinson.... I feel for Vince Young...mrvic87

yep as long as LT ain't on it. They should have put Devin Hester, had a mad year for a rook.

JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JDW_games
Member since 2006 • 1892 Posts
I still don't believe in the whole "Madden Curse". If he has a bad year, then mabye I will then, but I think Vince Young has a nice long career ahead of him still.
Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts

Wow, EA could've waited at least another year before they wanted to end Young's season. How come P. Manning never gets it?KoFoNiO

Manning is charmed, that's why he wins Play-off games and Superbowls even if his play is appalling.

Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts
And maybe it's just one of those 9 year curses, and Vince will have an amazing season.
gtx-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gtx-1
Member since 2007 • 901 Posts

And maybe it's just one of those 9 year curses, and Vince will have an amazing season.Nene33

There isn't just a "nine year curse thing." :lol: 

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mazing87

That's the problem with the world today.  People wishing others to get injured?  How sad are you to wish bodily harm on another human being?  Why?  Because VY is a better athlete than half of your home team?  Maybe because he has the opportutnity to improve his team's chances of making the playoffs while your team get bumped?  Didn't you people watch the news lately?  After all that has happened recently in VA, you sit on the computer posting messages, wishing that the curse is real and hoping that VY gets injured? Whether he deserves the cover or not is one issue.  But stop the ignorance and hatred.  Some of you babble about VY not being able to talk "discernable english" while half of you on here can't even spell when you write a post.  What's sad is that there is a spell check option available yet some of you fail to use it when you write.  Get off his back!  I hope he plays an injury-free season.

PeterTimpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 PeterTimpa
Member since 2005 • 2509 Posts

That's the problem with the world today. People wishing others to get injured? How sad are you to wish bodily harm on another human being? Why? Because VY is a better athlete than half of your home team? Mabye because he has the opportutnity to improve his team's chances of making the playoffs while your team get bumped? Didn't you people watch the news lately? After all that has happened recently in VA, you sit on the computer posting messages, wishing that the curse is real and hoping that VY gets injured? Whether he deserves the cover or not is one issue. But stop the ignorance and hatred. Some of you babble about VY not being able to talk "discernable english" while half of you on here can't even spell when you write a post. What's sad is that there is a spell check option available yet some of you fail to use it when you write. Get off his back! I hope he plays an injury-free season.

mrvic87

THANK YOU 

He is right guys 

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Espurs117

That's the problem with the world today. People wishing others to get injured? How sad are you to wish bodily harm on another human being? Why? Because VY is a better athlete than half of your home team? Mabye because he has the opportutnity to improve his team's chances of making the playoffs while your team get bumped? Didn't you people watch the news lately? After all that has happened recently in VA, you sit on the computer posting messages, wishing that the curse is real and hoping that VY gets injured? Whether he deserves the cover or not is one issue. But stop the ignorance and hatred. Some of you babble about VY not being able to talk "discernable english" while half of you on here can't even spell when you write a post. What's sad is that there is a spell check option available yet some of you fail to use it when you write. Get off his back! I hope he plays an injury-free season.

mrvic87

Word. Some people are just stupid....if you wish someone to get hurt, you have problems. 

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 murlow12

That's the problem with the world today.  People wishing others to get injured?  How sad are you to wish bodily harm on another human being?  Why?  Because VY is a better athlete than half of your home team?  Mabye because he has the opportutnity to improve his team's chances of making the playoffs while your team get bumped?  Didn't you people watch the news lately?  After all that has happened recently in VA, you sit on the computer posting messages, wishing that the curse is real and hoping that VY gets injured? Whether he deserves the cover or not is one issue.  But stop the ignorance and hatred.  Some of you babble about VY not being able to talk "discernable english" while half of you on here can't even spell when you write a post.  What's sad is that there is a spell check option available yet some of you fail to use it when you write.  Get off his back!  I hope he plays an injury-free season.

mrvic87

Wow.  Stop taking yourself so seriously.

I'm the one that made the "discernable English" post, and I have no problem asserting that my spelling and grammar is better than 99.9% of GS users.  You might be able to find an occasional error in my posts, but it's pretty consistently correct.  So yes, I have standing to criticize the babble that comes from VY's mouth.

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mazing87

Your comment was only minor.  My post was directed towards the people who wish a player gets injured.  I couldn't just sit here and read these ignorant comments and not say anything about it.  I have no personal connections to, nor am I a fan of VY but damn, where is the sportsmanhsip from you fans?  If VY happens to play well against your home team and wins, give him his props.  

[QUOTE="mrvic87"]

That's the problem with the world today.  People wishing others to get injured?  How sad are you to wish bodily harm on another human being?  Why?  Because VY is a better athlete than half of your home team?  Mabye because he has the opportutnity to improve his team's chances of making the playoffs while your team get bumped?  Didn't you people watch the news lately?  After all that has happened recently in VA, you sit on the computer posting messages, wishing that the curse is real and hoping that VY gets injured? Whether he deserves the cover or not is one issue.  But stop the ignorance and hatred.  Some of you babble about VY not being able to talk "discernable english" while half of you on here can't even spell when you write a post.  What's sad is that there is a spell check option available yet some of you fail to use it when you write.  Get off his back!  I hope he plays an injury-free season.

murlow12

Wow.  Stop taking yourself so seriously.

I'm the one that made the "discernable English" post, and I have no problem asserting that my spelling and grammar is better than 99.9% of GS users.  You might be able to find an occasional error in my posts, but it's pretty consistently correct.  So yes, I have standing to criticize the babble that comes from VY's mouth.

themexican201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 themexican201
Member since 2003 • 368 Posts
[QUOTE="themexican201"][QUOTE="murlow12"]I have mixed feelings about this.  I think putting VY on the cover is a total joke, as he doesn't deserve it.  There are probably 30 better choices out there.  But, the fact that he doesn't speak discernable English makes me dislike him, so I hope the Madden Curse is real.murlow12

The fact that I'm talking about curses shows that I'm not serious.  Do you think I'm doing some kind of voodoo on VY?  Get a clue.  As for his English, you must have graduated from the VY school of ebonics if you thing he speaks perfect English.

Haha sorry its kind of hard to tell that you werent being serious since i dont know you at all so and especially since we are on the internet kind of hard to get the feel of sarcasm sometimes. Voodo i never even said that but...okay. I still have yet to see you provide me evidence of his improper english so be my guest
Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts

That's the problem with the world today.  People wishing others to get injured?  How sad are you to wish bodily harm on another human being?  Why?  Because VY is a better athlete than half of your home team?  Maybe because he has the opportutnity to improve his team's chances of making the playoffs while your team get bumped?  Didn't you people watch the news lately?  After all that has happened recently in VA, you sit on the computer posting messages, wishing that the curse is real and hoping that VY gets injured? Whether he deserves the cover or not is one issue.  But stop the ignorance and hatred.  Some of you babble about VY not being able to talk "discernable english" while half of you on here can't even spell when you write a post.  What's sad is that there is a spell check option available yet some of you fail to use it when you write.  Get off his back!  I hope he plays an injury-free season.mrvic87

*stands and applauds*

Edit: Btw, is it just me or did they do some tweeking to the player models?

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 murlow12
[QUOTE="murlow12"][QUOTE="themexican201"][QUOTE="murlow12"]I have mixed feelings about this.  I think putting VY on the cover is a total joke, as he doesn't deserve it.  There are probably 30 better choices out there.  But, the fact that he doesn't speak discernable English makes me dislike him, so I hope the Madden Curse is real.themexican201

Haha sorry its kind of hard to tell that you werent being serious since i dont know you at all so and especially since we are on the internet kind of hard to get the feel of sarcasm sometimes. Voodo i never even said that but...okay. I still have yet to see you provide me evidence of his improper english so be my guest

I'm in class right now, so I can't search youtube, but I remember hearing him and Reggie Bush interviewed at the Heisman thing, and Bush sounded intelligent while VY was...well...babbling.  It sounded like he had marbles in his mouth.  Just search youtube for "Vince Young speech" or something like that and you'll see what I mean.
Cazman2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Cazman2015
Member since 2005 • 323 Posts
I just listened to his RotY interview and true, he sounds like he's eating a ferret whilst talking.