Spurs and Patriots same differance?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#1 peacebringer
Member since 2006 • 3371 Posts
I swear those friggin Spurs they always find a way to Win , grats on there success i always thought Tim Duncan was a great player with a humble Mentality and strong determination he kinda reminds me of Tom Brady. and the Spur teams is kinda like the Patriots there not all super stars and people don't talk about them till the playoffs. Spurs may go down as one of the best franchises in history and they really have no real star(even tim duncan isn't that big of a star cause he's Humble)kinda like the Patriots there to. the only differance is they play in differant leagues but seems to me both teams have the same formulka anyone agree?
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts
I agree, both teams have won on downright wierd technicalities, the tuck rule and the bench rule.
Hook_Em

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Hook_Em
Member since 2007 • 230 Posts
Ive though this for a while now and mentioned to a friend of mine and he agreed too. Brady and Duncan are very similar. Both superstars but neither are outgoing guys like Chad Johnson or Peyton. Spurs are the winningest franchise in any of the major sports since Duncan was drafted. Yeah Spurs are a dynasty much like the Pats.
Last_Stand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Last_Stand
Member since 2004 • 3281 Posts
You could argue that the Spurs are even more Patriot-esque than the Patriots. After all, the Patriots only saw consistent success starting in 2001. The Spurs have had a winning season and gone to the playoffs every year since 1990 except for 1997. You can't beat that in a salary cap sport.
rocket9434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 rocket9434
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts
Yes they are similar but Tom Brady has a lot more spot light than Tim Duncan, the whole Patriots team has more spot light than the Spurs. Both teams are very good teams.
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#6 peacebringer
Member since 2006 • 3371 Posts

Yes they are similar but Tom Brady has a lot more spot light than Tim Duncan, the whole Patriots team has more spot light than the Spurs. Both teams are very good teams. rocket9434
we'll your right but Football>Basket ball so the fanbase for NFL helps Brady stand out more,

You could argue that the Spurs are even more Patriot-esque than the Patriots. After all, the Patriots only saw consistent success starting in 2001. The Spurs have had a winning season and gone to the playoffs every year since 1990 except for 1997. You can't beat that in a salary cap sport.Last_Stand
yeah Spur are one of the best basketball teams every if Celtics never won 8 in a row i think it would be easier to say Spurs are better. but the pace there going i think there gonna overshadow the Bulls success with Jordan. OMG i would love to See the Spurs play the bulls that went 72-10 that would be an amazing game.(i think the spurs would beat them more well rounded)