Randy Moss Traded To New England

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PatsFanVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 0

#1 PatsFanVince
Member since 2006 • 290 Posts
I believe its official its on ESPN they traded Moss to the Pats for a 4th round pick this year not bad but he has to pass a physical first!  Im officially stoked for next year Randy Moss, Stallworth, Washington now Brady has some number one recievers on the roster and not scrubs.  I don't think its a bad move either they were able to turn Corey Dillion and Rodney Harrison around so I think they'll do the same here.
-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 -ZeRoHouR-
Member since 2003 • 8089 Posts
Since you did not post a link for everyone, I will do the honor.

Anyway, I think NE is going to be the team to beat this year.  What they have on paper is just amazing right now.
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
Tom Brady actually has some weapons on the outside now, this should be a fun season for the Pats
D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts
Oh snap! Prepare for Brady demolishing the competition this season :D
rocket9434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 rocket9434
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts
OMG! OMG! The is great news, wow great trade. Pats finally have a very above average WR!
nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
The Pats are looking good this year...
PatsFanVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PatsFanVince

Since you did not post a link for everyone, I will do the honor.

Anyway, I think NE is going to be the team to beat this year.  What they have on paper is just amazing right now.
-ZeRoHouR-

Yea sorry about that I was just way to excited I wasn't even thinking of it. :D

Another good thing about this trade is that we don't have to read the rumors every single day about a Moss trade.

Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
omg, i cant wait for tihs season to start
xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
now tom brady cant complain and no excuses they have recievers. randy moss not sure what he will do but stallworth is still very good.
Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts

Oh snap! Prepare for Brady demolishing the competition this season :DD3s7rUc71oN

Looks like the Pats got themselves the WR's to get the VL trophy back to Foxborough

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
Randy Moss, despite the two years set-back with the Raiders, is top 10 recievers in the league. Add to that you have two vertical threats with Chad Jackson and Donte Stallworth and a TE that can stretch the field in Ben Watson and solid slot recievers in Wes Walker and Kelly Washington and Reche Caldwell, this has to be one of the best recieving corps in the league
PatsFanVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PatsFanVince
I wish I knew what happened to that guy that said Caldwell and Gaffney are such great receivers because apparently there so great they need to go out and get 4 new receivers for this season.  Anyway still a great move even if he doesn't pan out cut him... all they gave up was a fourth round pick so no problem plus its great insurance in case Stallworth gets injured.
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dkhw

I wish I knew what happened to that guy that said Caldwell and Gaffney are such great receivers because apparently there so great they need to go out and get 4 new receivers for this season. Anyway still a great move even if he doesn't pan out cut him... all they gave up was a fourth round pick so no problem plus its great insurance in case Stallworth gets injured.PatsFanVince

I agree. Reche is a solid slot, 3rd string reciever but not a starter. Also, I love the trade. Pats didn't really have much need going into the draft and traded a 4th round for a Pro Bowl reciever. They already addressed the safety position and Pats live off these late round picks so hopefully they can pick up a nice ILB (Brandon Siler?) and a CB and a decent backup RB for Maroney (Darius Walker?). Also, hopefully, they can get Asante Samuel deal done.

freakinretart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 freakinretart
Member since 2007 • 110 Posts
oh snap
trigga1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 trigga1230
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts
Pshh...Whatever. Hes old and lazy.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
That's a crazy cheap deal for Moss, and here I thought when the Vikings traded him they didn't get enough...
viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts
damn thats a great move. pats are going to kill it next season
bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts

[QUOTE="PatsFanVince"]I wish I knew what happened to that guy that said Caldwell and Gaffney are such great receivers because apparently there so great they need to go out and get 4 new receivers for this season. Anyway still a great move even if he doesn't pan out cut him... all they gave up was a fourth round pick so no problem plus its great insurance in case Stallworth gets injured.dkhw

I agree. Reche is a solid slot, 3rd string reciever but not a starter. Also, I love the trade. Pats didn't really have much need going into the draft and traded a 4th round for a Pro Bowl reciever. They already addressed the safety position and Pats live off these late round picks so hopefully they can pick up a nice ILB (Brandon Siler?) and a CB and a decent backup RB for Maroney (Darius Walker?). Also, hopefully, they can get Asante Samuel deal done.

Siler is too slow. If the Pats draft a LB it will be someone with speed.
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dkhw
[QUOTE="dkhw"]

[QUOTE="PatsFanVince"]I wish I knew what happened to that guy that said Caldwell and Gaffney are such great receivers because apparently there so great they need to go out and get 4 new receivers for this season. Anyway still a great move even if he doesn't pan out cut him... all they gave up was a fourth round pick so no problem plus its great insurance in case Stallworth gets injured.bunchofpixels

Siler is too slow. If the Pats draft a LB it will be someone with speed.

It's true Siler is slow laterally in coverage, but he's a force in run-stuffing and can fit in nicely in a 3-4 system which the Pats uses. 

madman683

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#20 madman683
Member since 2005 • 483 Posts
I really don't like New England Patriots, but Randy Moss is one heck of an addition to their receiving corp. :)
Elitemajik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Elitemajik
Member since 2002 • 333 Posts
randy moss recently ran a 4.3 forty yard dash, so the guy is still very fast. if he gives full effort its a guy pickup for the patriots
piper77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 piper77
Member since 2003 • 2245 Posts
I was already happy with who we got during free agency. now with some decent picks in the draft, and then the news about moss coming to the pats, i'm really stoked! can't wait until football season! go pats!
AlexN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AlexN
Member since 2003 • 9000 Posts
It's a great deal with little risk. They've already said that they won't tolerate any of his crap, so if he pulls anything, they can cut him loose for very little cost. But if he goes back to early Minnesota form, it'll be phenomenal.
xyoojguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xyoojguy
Member since 2003 • 1102 Posts
They'll be a fun/interesting team to watch next season..
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
The Pats are loaded this season.
datniccah187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 datniccah187
Member since 2005 • 1299 Posts

thats crazy, how do you deal away Randy Moss for a fourth round draft pick.  Oakland must have been a team dying to get rid of Moss for some reason or another.  My guess is they are dumping their salary cap, try and sign some big names after this upcoming season.

nbprince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 nbprince
Member since 2003 • 579 Posts
randy moss recently ran a 4.3 forty yard dash, so the guy is still very fast. if he gives full effort its a guy pickup for the patriotsElitemajik

I thought I heard them say a 4.29
tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#28 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
The Pats are over-compinsating for what they lacked last year...legit wide receivers...now we got Randy Moss and his troubled ego to deal wit...bad move on the Patriots end...hopefully Randy will play ball and win a championship wit them and ultimately prove me wrong....
mcovick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mcovick
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Here i will make my picks for the super bowl for the next five years

1. Pats

2. Pats

3. Pats

4. Pats

5. Pats

piper77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 piper77
Member since 2003 • 2245 Posts

The Pats are over-compinsating for what they lacked last year...legit wide receivers...now we got Randy Moss and his troubled ego to deal wit...bad move on the Patriots end...hopefully Randy will play ball and win a championship wit them and ultimately prove me wrong....tryfe_lyn

They've had trouble makers on the team before. Brian Cox was a jerk, so was Corey Dillon before he went to New England. Rodney Harrison got in trouble when he was on the Chargers. I think Moss is an uspstart too, but not as bad as T.O. I think New England can work with him, and if he sees that they are a winning team then he'll behave. The worse thing that can happen, is that he'll start something, and he gets benched. Patriots don't play around. Plus their owner supports the coach unlike what Jerry Jones does with Dallas.

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#31 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

The Pats are looking good this year...nygiants1080

Yeah, I don't like it either!!! It was a great move though because a 4th round pick isn't much but if they can get him pumped (and they are one of the only teams that can) he will be a STEAL!!! If he gets back into his old form... the Pats are going to be hard to beat especially with that speedy guy on the other side. He did a great job in Philly last year. 

PatsFanVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PatsFanVince
I don't know how anyone can see this was a bad move they got him for a song and dance yet if he gives them problems they can cut him without any serious cap hit.  It can only help them out for instance when they face the Colts this year they don't have a soul on that team who will be able to cover Moss or Stallworth. They will also help stretch the field against teams that actually have a good secondary allowing guys like Ben Watson to get open more instead of being double covered.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#33 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

I don't know how anyone can see this was a bad move they got him for a song and dance yet if he gives them problems they can cut him without any serious cap hit. It only can help them out I mean when they face the Colts this year they don't have a soul who will be able to cover Moss or Stallworth not to forget they will help stretch the field against teams that actually have a good secondary.PatsFanVince

I have to agree. They give up next to nothing, yet they get a WR that can be the best if he wants to. That's a win-win situation any way you slice it! All you have to think about to realize the Pats are going to be very good this year is the fact that Brady actually has #1 WR's now... That is just scary!!! 

Rage11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rage11
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts
Man, and I used to like Randy Moss.
VERS1ON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 VERS1ON
Member since 2003 • 1188 Posts
Yea, Moss apparently still runs a 4.3...So does Troy Williamson. Moss isn't the same overall player since he tore his hamstring with the Vikings vs. the Saints. He'll be injured or cut by Week 6.
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
They're looking great, but don't go assuming a championship just yet. We'll see how Randy does after to yars of essential inactivity.
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

It will be a very interesting season for the Pats.  They have all of the weapons on offense and a very good defense.  I have watched Randy Moss during his time with the Raiders.  We all know his potential but his work ethic is terrible!  Everyone (really Pats fans) are excited about the move and think immediately the Pats will win the Superbowl.  Not so fast!  Questions regarding chemistry need to be answered!   Can he co-exist on such a well balanced team like the Pats since Brady likes to spread the ball around to his very good receivers (Watson, Stallworth, & Welker)?  The Pats were able to successfully turn players around in the past but that doesn't necessarily mean Moss will be a walk in the park!  If Moss can suck it up and play hard on every down even when he isn't involved in the play, then it would be safe to say that NE is the team to beat to win a Superbowl!

Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts
And he still runs a 4.29 40. Gonna be interesting watching them indeed. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they'll be representing the AFC in the Super Bowl...
4skins4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 4skins4life
Member since 2006 • 129 Posts
That was a bad move by the Pats.  Randy Moss sux now plus he is not a team player and a poor blocker.
That-B-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 That-B-Guy
Member since 2005 • 657 Posts
Let's give Peyton Manning the worst receivers in the NFL and let's see what happens to his stats for the next few years.  You can't solely blame Randy Moss' lack of production lately to just himself.  A fourth round draft pick is NOT that big of a deal, so let's say he doesn't pan out to be the pro bowl WR we all used to know and love? The Patriots only lost a fourth round pick...
PatsFanVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PatsFanVince
As I said you can't say this was a bad signing you just can't because for example remember last year when we faced the Broncos and our starters were Caldwell and Brown well they just took Bailey and put him on Watson virtually taking him out of the game. Thats how bad the other receivers were going up against guys like Darrent Williams and Foxworth.  Now with Moss and Stallworth there gonna have to worry about both of them allowing them to stretch the field and allow guys getting open more often.  And so what if he doesn't pan out they just cut him and end up where they were.  I'm not worried about his work ethic either he wants to win a Super Bowl bad and I think that will really motivate him this year.
BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BobSacamento
Member since 2003 • 4340 Posts

thats the steal of the century.

randy moss in exchange for some 4th round defensive tackle who probably wont see a start in his career. 

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

lol....I guess you forgot who Marques Colston is.  7th round draft pick who turned out to be one of the top 10 WRs in the league in just his rookie season. 

randy moss in exchange for some 4th round defensive tackle who probably wont see a start in his career. 

BobSacamento
That-B-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 That-B-Guy
Member since 2005 • 657 Posts

lol....I guess you forgot who Marques Colston is. 7th round draft pick who turned out to be one of the top 10 WRs in the league in just his rookie season.

[QUOTE="BobSacamento"] 

mrvic87

Honestly, how often do you think that is going to happen?  I know everyone has a shot at making it big, but I'd rather take a chance with someone I know can and has produced big games than just a big question mark. 

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dkhw

lol....I guess you forgot who Marques Colston is. 7th round draft pick who turned out to be one of the top 10 WRs in the league in just his rookie season.

[QUOTE="BobSacamento"]

mrvic87

top 10? that's pushing it. 

Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts

Colston is the starting WR on the #1 offense in the league. That isn't pushing anything...

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dkhw

My friend just told me NE is the yankees of football, but that maybe the stupidest arguement ever. If you haven't noticed NFL teams have cap limit unlike baseball where Yankees can spend all the money they want.

Also, for Colston, he's a top 15, but not top 10 

BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BobSacamento
Member since 2003 • 4340 Posts

the yankees are pats are completely opposite

new england spends no money and besides brady has no big name players. they just play good football and win with whatever they got. the yankees have 4x the $$$$ of all the other teams, and have an allstar at every position on the field - and still lose.

i respect a team like new england and hate the yankees.

dcowboys3315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dcowboys3315
Member since 2004 • 3044 Posts
this is going to make them alot better now.  just look at what brady did without any good receivers.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
[QUOTE="mrvic87"]

[QUOTE="BobSacamento"]

dkhw

top 10? that's pushing it. 

I agree