Panthers cut Keyshawn

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2855468

Does anyone else think it is absolutely hillarious and ironic that he was interviewing his own replacement on ESPN? :lol: I guess Jarrett won't be getting Keyshawn's teachings afterall.

Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 Ghost_Warrior
Member since 2003 • 9002 Posts
I am a little surprised by this but it makes sense.  Im a Panthers fan and I was hoping Keyshawn could mentor Jarret into a great receiver but it looks like he'll have to do it himself.  The reason I think this will work out is because the Panthers now have 3 young receivers all looking for that starting spot with Steve Smith; Dwayne Jarret, Drew Carter, and Keary Colbert.  The Panthers want to give these guys the chance to compete for the spot and make the roster.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts
But cutting him after only one year? They just gave him a bonus too, and it wasn't entirely all of his fault that the team struggled last year. I think they should have kept him for at least one more, because I don't see how Jarrett as a rookie could be better.
VERS1ON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 VERS1ON
Member since 2003 • 1188 Posts

Now that the Vikings are loaded with speedsters at wideout, all we need is a solid possession WR...HEY! I think I found someone who fits the bill!!!

It would be ironic if the Vikings passed on Dwayne Jarrett, then signed the man he replaced, letting Carolina take Jarrett just so that the Vikings could end up with Sidney Rice and Keyshawn Johnson? 

Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ghost_Warrior

But cutting him after only one year? They just gave him a bonus too, and it wasn't entirely all of his fault that the team struggled last year. I think they should have kept him for at least one more, because I don't see how Jarrett as a rookie could be better.Renegade_Fury

Well the Panthers organization wanted to get "younger" and the 34 year old KJ is too old in their minds.  Hell if it were my choice I would have cut Delhomme because you're right, Keyshawn wasn't the problem for them last year, it was the guy throwing to him.  But my best guess is they wanted to let the 3 young receivers compete for a starting spot and they couldn't do that with Johnson on the team.  Jarret could be a great receiver in the league but lets not forget about Drew Carter, although he struggled a little last year he had his flashes of brillance. 

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
I think the Tennessee Titans should pick him up.
Kuruption84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kuruption84
Member since 2003 • 5354 Posts
I'm kind of surprised by that move, I thought he had a solid season last year.
nyr6830

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nyr6830
Member since 2006 • 82 Posts
He could still be a decent reciever, he'll find a team.
eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 eitremn
Member since 2004 • 806 Posts
i think this is hillarious after listening to him on saturday talk about how excited he was that they got jarret, and how he was going to teach him and yada yada.  i don't know if you guys caught it but when asked about the offensive coordinator keyshawn didn't even know his name.  that other announcer caught it and was like you mean whatever his name is, and keyshawn was like oh yeah.  but on another note, it was kinda stupid to cut him, he's a good player.  he might not be great anymore, but he is still tough and can get you some tough catches.  he should have little trouble finding another team.
Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ghost_Warrior
Their are reports the Packers are interested in him.  I think that would be a good place for him, Farve needs a wideout and Keyshawn would defiantly help.
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#11 Los9090
Member since 2004 • 7288 Posts
I'd love for him to come back to the Jets.  i don't think that Keyshawn would get along with Eric Mangini, but who knows?