NJ Nets in the 2007 draft

This topic is locked from further discussion.

adamf_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 adamf_17
Member since 2005 • 238 Posts
What guys do you think that the Nets should look at at the 17th position in the upcoming draft?  I would suggest as PF/C type of player like a Josh McRoberts.  I see lots of draft sites acting like the Nets are going to pick a guard.
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts

They might end up trading or sign and trading Kidd and/or Carter still, so its too early to be talking about the Nets draft choices. The GM has to decide if he can continue to win with the team he has, especially with the emergence of the Raptors and the knicks not completely sucking. Personally I would start rebuilding, Kidd and Carter are getting old and their lack of depth was shown during the season. Plus Carter or Kidd could potentially grab a top 2 pick this year if the package was right.

adamf_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 adamf_17

They need a big next to Krstic that can score and rebound.  They can bring Collins off of the bench and still give him his 20 or so minutes per game and use him situationally.  I personally would look to sign and trade Carter and use him as the main piece of a deal to get a starting quality big man, that is if they aren't willing to sign a good big outright.  Magloire is available and could help the team with a big down low.  Krstic can then shoot his jumpers, Carter can do what he wants to, Jefferson can drive to the basket, and Kidd can be a one-man triple double.  Their bench is fine if they retain guys like House, Nachbar, and Mikki and develop their young guys.  Antoine Wright could become an Adrian Griffin type of player that can hit some shots and defend a good SF/SG.  The team is really on the cusp of something special in the East if they can stay healthy.  I just think that a big that can start in place of Collins and do the things that I described would put us up there in the East.

P.S.  I realize what Collins can do is important (he did help shut down Bosh), but he just doesn't do enough to justify big minutes.  He is really a bench player that starts.  Maybe his starting would be justified if he blocked a couple of shots and could get some rebounds, but he can't even do that most of the time.

Pugsley_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Pugsley_91
Member since 2007 • 326 Posts
I want the Nets to sign and trade carter and with that maybe move way up in the draft or use the pieces to land KG, JO, or Pau.  I don't want the Nets to get McRoberts the best he could be would be a bench player...we need a player that can make an immediate impact like K-Mart did when we drafted him.  If we can move up in the draft and keep our 17 pick then with the higher pick take a PF or C and with the 17 pick a SG because we can get a really good one seeing how every team will be obsessed with taking bigs and overlook taking great SG's.  Either way I think a SG is the way to go because Carter will most likely leave because jefferson has been very impressive these playoffs.
MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts

I want the Nets to sign and trade carter and with that maybe move way up in the draft or use the pieces to land KG, JO, or Pau.  I don't want the Nets to get McRoberts the best he could be would be a bench player...we need a player that can make an immediate impact like K-Mart did when we drafted him.  If we can move up in the draft and keep our 17 pick then with the higher pick take a PF or C and with the 17 pick a SG because we can get a really good one seeing how every team will be obsessed with taking bigs and overlook taking great SG's.  Either way I think a SG is the way to go because Carter will most likely leave because jefferson has been very impressive these playoffs.
Pugsley_91

LOL, I'm surprised to see you say "sign and trade Carter" considering your sig

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

Pugsley_91

Agreed, a big man as the 17th pick is bound to be a bust.

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
Why would the Nets trade Carter? He is amazing
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
Why would the Nets trade Carter? He is amazingnygiants1080
If Carter wants to leave then the Smartest thing to do is sign and trade.
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pundog
[QUOTE="nygiants1080"]Why would the Nets trade Carter? He is amazingNetYankEagle

That and the Nets seem to be a team in limbo, if they start to go down hill I wouldn't want Carter anywhere near the Nets. See: 2004-2005 Toronto Raptors.
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pundog
[QUOTE="nygiants1080"]Why would the Nets trade Carter? He is amazingNetYankEagle

That and the Nets seem to be a team in limbo, if they start to go down hill I wouldn't want Carter anywhere near the Nets. See: 2003-2005 Toronto Raptors.
viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts

Why would the Nets trade Carter? He is amazingnygiants1080

To be fair he is only half-amazing.

adamf_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 adamf_17
The only reason I suggested taking a big man with the 17th pick is because the Nets have been gun shy to pull any big trades for a big man.  If the only thing they are willing to do is draft, then there really isn't any other option than to get the best available big in the draft.  They could just go with the best available player, but if it's a swingman it will be hard to get a big in a trade because teams don't usually trade bigs for smalls.
Pugsley_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pugsley_91
Member since 2007 • 326 Posts

[QUOTE="Pugsley_91"]I want the Nets to sign and trade carter and with that maybe move way up in the draft or use the pieces to land KG, JO, or Pau. I don't want the Nets to get McRoberts the best he could be would be a bench player...we need a player that can make an immediate impact like K-Mart did when we drafted him. If we can move up in the draft and keep our 17 pick then with the higher pick take a PF or C and with the 17 pick a SG because we can get a really good one seeing how every team will be obsessed with taking bigs and overlook taking great SG's. Either way I think a SG is the way to go because Carter will most likely leave because jefferson has been very impressive these playoffs.
MikeE21286

LOL, I'm surprised to see you say "sign and trade Carter" considering your sig

Haha well although he's an exciting player and very fun to watch...I think the best thing for the team would be to sign and trade him 

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NetYankEagle

[QUOTE="nygiants1080"]Why would the Nets trade Carter? He is amazingviberooni

To be fair he is only half-amazing.

:lol:
adamf_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 adamf_17
After that performance in game 4, i see no basis for anyone telling me that the Nets need to keep Carter.  His "clutch" heroics leave a lot to be desired.  Trade him for a big and sign Gerald Wallace or Mo Pete to replace him.  It's simple logic and it isn't very hard to see that he cannot perform even in a game where LeBron can't perform.  Make the Nets a balanced team instead of having a guy that you have to throw the ball to EVERY SINGLE TIME down the floor!!!!!!
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NetYankEagle
After that performance in game 4, i see no basis for anyone telling me that the Nets need to keep Carter. His "clutch" heroics leave a lot to be desired. Trade him for a big and sign Gerald Wallace or Mo Pete to replace him. It's simple logic and it isn't very hard to see that he cannot perform even in a game where LeBron can't perform. Make the Nets a balanced team instead of having a guy that you have to throw the ball to EVERY SINGLE TIME down the floor!!!!!!adamf_17
Mo Pete:lol:Carteris the go to guy he cant be clutch every signle time the game goes down to the wire even Lebron cant do that, you might as well just stop talkin gafter saying replace Carter with Mo Pete and Gerald Wallace is a SF you cant have Jefferson and Gerald Wallace in the same lineup wouldnt make sense
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pundog
[QUOTE="adamf_17"]After that performance in game 4, i see no basis for anyone telling me that the Nets need to keep Carter. His "clutch" heroics leave a lot to be desired. Trade him for a big and sign Gerald Wallace or Mo Pete to replace him. It's simple logic and it isn't very hard to see that he cannot perform even in a game where LeBron can't perform. Make the Nets a balanced team instead of having a guy that you have to throw the ball to EVERY SINGLE TIME down the floor!!!!!!NetYankEagle
Mo Pete:lol:Carteris the go to guy he cant be clutch every signle time the game goes down to the wire even Lebron cant do that, you might as well just stop talkin gafter saying replace Carter with Mo Pete and Gerald Wallace is a SF you cant have Jefferson and Gerald Wallace in the same lineup wouldnt make sense

If Robert friggin Horry can hit shots like he can Vince better do the same for the kind of money he's making.
adamf_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 adamf_17
absolutely
adamf_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 adamf_17
Has everyone forgotten what Kerry Kittles did for the Nets?  He was a guy that was out there to knock down shots, just like a Mo Pete.  If the Nets made it to the finals with Collins at center, K-Mart at the PF, RJ at the SF, Kittles at the SG, and Kidd running the show then why can't they do it again.  They had no guy to throw the ball to every time who had to average 25+ ppg and they were the best team in the east at the time.
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NetYankEagle
Has everyone forgotten what Kerry Kittles did for the Nets? He was a guy that was out there to knock down shots, just like a Mo Pete. If the Nets made it to the finals with Collins at center, K-Mart at the PF, RJ at the SF, Kittles at the SG, and Kidd running the show then why can't they do it again. They had no guy to throw the ball to every time who had to average 25+ ppg and they were the best team in the east at the time.adamf_17
they cdant do it again because Knyon was actually a good rebounder having Kidd and Kenyon at his Prime was a beast remounding squad Moore cant rebound or Collins