NBA Fans: What should your team do in the offseason?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

adamf_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 adamf_17
Member since 2005 • 238 Posts

I pose the question to you.  In your opinion, what should your team(s) do in the offseason to become better?  If you don't have a particular team, pick a random one and give your two cents.  Please refrain from using the statement "my team doesn't need any moves to get better", because all teams can make moves to get better (at least until a team goes 82-0 for a season).

Personally, I am a Nets fan that would like to see them move Vince Carter.  I realize he's good, but they could be better if they moved him for a big guy and replaced him with a shooter.  I say they should package him, their 1st round pick, and another piece in order to bring in a good big.  Jermaine O'Neal, KG, and Gasol would probably be hard to get in such a deal, but there could be a big that a team will part with for VC.  I also say that they should sign Mo Pete from Toronto to replace VC.  He plays pretty good defense and is a good shooter.  A shooter and big in place of Jason Collins would really help them.   

pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts

First I just want to get my daily shot at VC in, all you need is for the Nets to lose for a season or two and bam! You got yourself a shooter. The guy will dunk less than Steve Nash.

Anyway for the Raps they have a couple of concerns:

1. Sign Sam Mitchell. Although this is apparently already a done deal, rumors are 12 million over 3 years.
  2. Get another big man. Rasho is decent but if Bargnani has a sophmore slump and Bosh is playing PF they need someone to pick up the slack.
  3. Resign Mo Pete. I know its next to impossible but the guy is a class act, it'll be tough to see him go. Plus I won't be able to yell "trade mo pete!" every time he makes a mistake. If he doesn't resign find someone who can play SG/SF incase Joey Graham can't get his game together.
  4. Resign Pape Sow. I don't care if he never plays a game, the man is a legend.
  5. Try and get Bosh to sign the Rick Dipietro contract, 60+ million over 15 years.
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
Trade away Kwame "Brick Hands" Brown from the Lakers in a package deal with a few other players so they can actually get a legit PF that can play alongside Kobe
d12malu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 d12malu
Member since 2002 • 1023 Posts

Im a Dallas fan. Itll be hard for them to make some serious moves b/c of salary cap and bloated contracts but in a perfect world...

...get a legit SG to play alongside Devin Harris. Terry/Harris combo is just going to get manhandled, like they did against Davis/Richardson.

...trade Dampier away for a more athletic center who can run the court. Dampier is built for the 80's and is way too inconsistent for the money he makes.

...resign Stackhouse and you could start him next to Harris

...pick up a couple quality bench players who play with alot of emotion. Nowitzki is not going to put fear in anyone so we need an enforcer alongside him. 

jwd55152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jwd55152
Member since 2003 • 43 Posts
not move to oklahoma
Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
what the celtics should do is draft oden if they get the chance, get rid of perkins and a few young guys(which will be sad cuz i love the young guys we have) and sign a big name free agent to keep pierce happy
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts

T-Wolves:

Disband.

In all seriousness, draft someone who can actually play.  Aside from KG (a no brainer) the wolves haven't drafted anyone good...ever.  Just mathematics indicates they should draft someone who could play if they just close their eyes and pick someone.  

In addtion they should find a way to dump some dead weight, even if they have to pay part of their contract (not sure if the NBA still allowes it).  Even if they draft someone they have so much dead weight that they still won't do well.  Heck even trading KG would be hard as KG's contract next year is enormous.  IMO not many teams would take on that much pay. 

Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts

Trade away Kwame "Brick Hands" Brown from the Lakers in a package deal with a few other players so they can actually get a legit PF that can play alongside Kobeandyboiii

They should try and package Kwame away to the Knicks(they'll take nearly any player), and try and get Eddie Curry, that would give the Lakers a "Shaq-like" player, which means Phil is gonna be happier, and Kobe will have a big man that can produce.

Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts

Do whatever it takes to make Peja healthy(if at all possible), and sigh/trade for/draft a versitile 2 guard who can be counted on to get open, make an open jumper, and get to the foul line with regularity. Two out of three of those wouldn't be too bad...

chatri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 chatri10
Member since 2002 • 752 Posts
Warriors should trade Harrington+Foyle+Richardson or Pitreus or Monta=Kevin Garnet
tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#12 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
Draft Greg Oden or Durant and trade Perkins, Delonte, Kandi Man and Gerald for Garnet...probably won't happen tho...
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
:lol: at signing mo pete to replace Carter i would rather have Adams or Wright starting over Pete.
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
Draft Greg Oden.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts

For the Suns, I'd like to see them sign a versatile big man to back up Amare. And if they can get the Hawks draft pick (#4 or lower), then I hope they choose Brandan Wright.

As for the Nets, they need a shot blocker badly. Even when Krystic comes back, they still lack a defensive presence inside. A guy that comes to mind that I think would help immediately is Joel Przybilla. He's a great shot blocker and a great offensive rebounder (which the Nets are weak at).

vinsanity4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 vinsanity4
Member since 2005 • 552 Posts

For the Suns, I'd like to see them sign a versatile big man to back up Amare. And if they can get the Hawks draft pick (#4 or lower), then I hope they choose Brandan Wright.

As for the Nets, they need a shot blocker badly. Even when Krystic comes back, they still lack a defensive presence inside. A guy that comes to mind that I think would help immediately is Joel Przybilla. He's a great shot blocker and a great offensive rebounder (which the Nets are weak at).

Ngamer05

i agree brandan wright would fit in perfectly with the suns, since he played that run and gun style with the tar heels and he is a really good offensive rebounder. my favourite team is the raptors so i want them to sign an athletice sf (hopefully pietrus).

Hook_Em

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hook_Em
Member since 2007 • 230 Posts
The Spurs should just enjoy their 4th title. :D
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 romocop33
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
the nugs need to get rid of one of their 4's, preferably kmart or reggie evans, and sign a consistent shooter who can come of the bench and score. and maybe add a good defender.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ngamer05
That was Boykins role when he was in Denver, still puzzled as to why they traded him...
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 romocop33
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts

That was Boykins role when he was in Denver, still puzzled as to why they traded him...Ngamer05

it was all about the money. boykins makes almost $2 million more per year than blake and he's such a liability on defense. 

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ngamer05

Steve Blake is so overrated on defense (imo) and I still think the Nuggets could have fit Boykins in their system despite the addition of AI.

viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts

My plan for the Boston Celtics (now that the draft is set):

1. Extend Al Jefferson's contract, 10-12m per year for 5 years but pay more if needed. Lock up Tony Allen on the cheap as well.

2. Try to pry Kevin Garnett from Minnesota, put everything on the table besides Pierce and Jefferson. 

3. If no KG, trade #5 pick/Gerald Green/Theo Ratliff for Pau Gasol or Jermaine O'Neal. Throw in future picks or another player if need be.

4. If no PG or JO, draft B. Wright, Y. Jianlian, C. Brewer, A. Horford or M. Conley Jr. with the #5 pick (BPA).

5. Fire Doc Rivers. (unfortunately he's been extended for a year, so fire him the second things start going south next season)

6. Have Rajon Rondo shoot 1000 jump shots every day of the offseason. 

6. Get healthier, get hungrier, practice together, play smarter. 

Saruman1719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 Saruman1719
Member since 2003 • 12466 Posts

1. Extend Al Jefferson's contract, 10-12m per year for 5 years but pay more if needed. Lock up Tony Allen on the cheap as well.

2. Try to pry Kevin Garnett from Minnesota, put everything on the table besides Pierce and Jefferson.

3. If no KG, trade #5 pick/Gerald Green/Theo Ratliff for Pau Gasol or Jermaine O'Neal. Throw in future picks or another player if need be.

4. If no PG or JO, draft B. Wright, Y. Jianlian, C. Brewer, A. Horford or M. Conley Jr. with the #5 pick (BPA).

5. Fire Doc Rivers. (unfortunately he's been extended for a year, so fire him the second things start going south next season)

viberooni

I like all of these, other than the bit on Doc.  Somehow getting Garnett or even J. O'Neal would ease the pain a lot. 

Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts

viberooni
keep green, get rid of scalabrine,perkins, allen, ray, and that #5 pick (that im still mad about)pick up garnett
viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts

No way we can get one of the greatest power fowards ever for our trash plus the 5 pick. Green's got to go if we're serious about trading for an all-star big, he's got value and loads of potential but he won't be in full blossom before Pierce is over the hill.

If we can keep both Green and Jefferson and still nab an all star vet in a trade I'd jump for joy, I just don't see it happening.

TM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TM1
Member since 2004 • 7249 Posts
Lakers need to get rid of Kwame and Smush. Being in the west we need a good player that can play in the paint. Bynum is not there yet and Brown just sucks so they should get rid of him ASAP.
Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts

The Bulls should draft Hibbert, so they'll have a big big man, and just keep on going, because they're on their way back to the Finals.

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#28 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
The main thing the Jazz need to do is get rid of Andrei Kirilenko and pick up a solid SG. They have plenty of depth at the SF position (Harpring who would start on a lot of teams and Milsap) but they really don't have a solid SG... I just wish they would have done the Andrei for Vince trade...
PanoX09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PanoX09
Member since 2005 • 200 Posts

This is what I think the Raptors should do.

Trade Rasho for a 15-25 draft pick if possible, he really isn't needed if Barnani is going to be playing the Center position next season.

Trade Joey Graham, that guy cannot be counted on. He'll have a good game for every four he plays. He has the potential, but seems to lack the confidence.

And now here is the big one...... IMO trade T.J. Ford for a quality and athletic runner... maybe talk to the Bobcats about a sign and trade for Gerald Wallace. Fact is, Jose Calderon is the better pure passing point guard. And quite frankly, I see Steve Nash potential in him, he's only in his second year and amongst the best passers in the league. He just needs to get his turnovers down off bad drives.

yrag31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 yrag31
Member since 2004 • 1478 Posts

The Spurs should just enjoy their 4th title. :DHook_Em

amen...

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#31 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

Spurs need to acquire a replacement for Bowen.  At 36 he's not getting any younger and they need to perimeter stopper to replace him.

carnage2k9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 carnage2k9
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts

Get younger at Point Guard. (heat)

MahlerFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MahlerFreak
Member since 2006 • 148 Posts
As a life long Laker fan, and I hate to say this, they should trade Kobe. They can't trade Kwame or Lamar as they are having off season surgery for injuries that are much worse then originally thought. And, honestly, who would take Smush? They can get pretty much what ever they want for Kobe at the moment. I take this all back if Jerry West takes back his GM role.