Kobe Bryant definitely the MVP this season!!!

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yrag31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 yrag31
Member since 2004 • 1478 Posts

Last Three Games

Mar 16 vs. POR W116-111 / 65pts.

Mar 18 vs. MIN W109-102 / 50pts.

Mar 22 @ MEM W119-121 / 60pts.

Total points: 175

Kobe is the Ultimate scorer of all time...

Ranger_x8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Ranger_x8b
Member since 2002 • 5840 Posts

Even more shocking, the final score of the last 3 games:

VS. POR: 116-111
VS. MIN: 109-102
VS. MEM: 121-119
(All Laker Wins)

Even after scoring 50+, his team barely won. He's definetly the most valueable to the Lakers... but after seeing Steve Nash take on my Mavs last week in the 2OT game, I still got him winning MVP. It's really close though.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
yea kobe definitely has less talent to work with, I mean come on we have Kwame " Brick Hands" Brown on our team lol, but even though he is the best player in the league they're not going to give him MVP this season, most likely it will be Nowitzki, or Nash again because of their teams better records.
BlkONBlkCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BlkONBlkCrime
Member since 2006 • 69 Posts
Yeah, I believe Kobe is earning that MVP status this year...and last year...and the year before...and the year before that. But he didn't get it. Most likely going to be the same outcome this year. I'm not a Kobe fan, personally I hate the guy. But on the court he's one of the best in the game and you have to respect that no matter what. So if #24 gets the MVP this season, no doubt it'll be well deserved but I wouldn't be surprised if it's handed over to Nash or Dirk.
suikoden352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 suikoden352
Member since 2004 • 808 Posts
i got either kobe or arenas gettin the myp this year. nash is good and all but it's time to give the limelight to someone else.
BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BobSacamento
Member since 2003 • 4340 Posts

i got either kobe or arenas gettin the myp this year. nash is good and all but it's time to give the limelight to someone else.suikoden352

see now this i hate

i hate that logic, if anyone but nash gets it this year, it's purely for the sake of giving it to somebody else

nothing has changed the last 2 years, dirk, nash, and kobe are all making the same cases for MVP. kobe was averaging 35 per game last year, and the lakers were better.

so why on earth would he get it this year? nash's numbers are up and the suns are about to set a franchise record for wins. 

suikoden352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 suikoden352
Member since 2004 • 808 Posts
hate it all you want, dude. it's called free speech and opinion. get over it
CrimzonTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 CrimzonTide
Member since 2007 • 12187 Posts

hate it all you want, dude. it's called free speech and opinion. get over itsuikoden352

Arenas is not in the top 10 for the MVP race. Kobe may be the best player, but he does nothing to to make the people around him better, hence the term valuable. Nash is the best at this, so there is a good chance he will win his thrid striaght MVP.

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
Sadly, he has no supporting cast. I think he could win it but their record isn't good enough.
MahlerFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MahlerFreak
Member since 2006 • 148 Posts
Kobe should be MVP over Nash and Dirk because he plays DEFENSE. He's the best two way player in the league.
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

[QUOTE="suikoden352"]i got either kobe or arenas gettin the myp this year. nash is good and all but it's time to give the limelight to someone else.BobSacamento

see now this i hate

i hate that logic, if anyone but nash gets it this year, it's purely for the sake of giving it to somebody else

nothing has changed the last 2 years, dirk, nash, and kobe are all making the same cases for MVP. kobe was averaging 35 per game last year, and the lakers were better.

so why on earth would he get it this year? nash's numbers are up and the suns are about to set a franchise record for wins.

Let's see...Nash plays with two-all stars and two players considered top 20 players in the league and plays next to multiple 3-point shooters and pure scorers like Barbosa. Who plays next to Kobe? Lamar Odom...

You do the math Nash's little *****. Nash won't even bring the Lakers to playoffs. He's assists are overblown by 3-point shooters, amare, and marion. He also benefits from being in D'Antoni's offense. Nash is a product of the system, not the other way around. If he stayed in Dallas or any where else, he's would be a good guard not a guard that won two MVPs in a row. While Kobe, on the other hand, is the Lakers. Nash is top 3 PG in the league who can shoot extremely well and pass well, but MVP? Hell no.

SilverArmor82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SilverArmor82
Member since 2005 • 1609 Posts

Last Three Games

Mar 16 vs. POR W116-111 / 65pts.

Mar 18 vs. MIN W109-102 / 50pts.

Mar 22 @ MEM W119-121 / 60pts.

Total points: 175

Kobe is the Ultimate scorer of all time...

yrag31
I can tell that you are just trying to cause conflict and arguing by creating this thread.
sixringz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sixringz1
Member since 2004 • 1116 Posts
no he's not.  A few good games don't overshadow the fact that HIS TEAM is struggling to stay at the BOTTOM of the playoff race.  Stever Nash or Nowitzki will win.  Especially Nash because of the way his team plays when he is not on the court compared to when he is.  I'm not gonna dispute that Kobe is probably the best player in the league, but best and most valuable are 2 different things.  There not going to give it to someone struggling to make the playoffs over a guy who's team either has the best or second best record in the league.
BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BobSacamento

guys, things are the same as they have always been

kobe is the one man wrecking crew hes always been, without a doubt the best player in the league, and yes i agree probably the greatest scorer of all time. but ladies, nothing has changed.

the people who think it isnt nash or dirk obviously dont know what the mvp is awarded for. kobes numbers are worse than last year, and so is his team. dirks numbers are better than last year, and so is his team, nash's numbers are better, and so is his team.

simple deductable logic, sort of - but its not going to be kobe. dont you understand? thats WHY nash gets the mvp, because everyone else on his team looks better, they ARE better BECAUSE of him. hes the mvp because of what he does for everyone else.

it's the same story with the same argument as the last 3 years. steve nash will once again win the MVP. but if its dirk, i wont be surprised. if it was nash last year, than its nash this year. he's playing better than he ever has, and so is his team. kobe can average 100ppg if he wants, thats exactly the reason why hes NOT the MVP, because he doesn't make the players around him better. like i said, probably the most simple logic - his numbers are down, and so is his team. people are just on a high from the last 3 games he's had. but he's on my fantasy team so i have no complaints.

BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BobSacamento

no he's not. A few good games don't overshadow the fact that HIS TEAM is struggling to stay at the BOTTOM of the playoff race. Stever Nash or Nowitzki will win. Especially Nash because of the way his team plays when he is not on the court compared to when he is. I'm not gonna dispute that Kobe is probably the best player in the league, but best and most valuable are 2 different things. There not going to give it to someone struggling to make the playoffs over a guy who's team either has the best or second best record in the league.sixringz1

sorry i didnt read your post

see this guy gets it 

HaloONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 HaloONE
Member since 2003 • 2274 Posts

kobe is the one man wrecking crew hes always been, without a doubt the best player in the league, and yes i agree probably the greatest scorer of all time. but ladies, nothing has changed.

the people who think it isnt nash or dirk obviously dont know what the mvp is awarded for. kobes numbers are worse than last year, and so is his team. dirks numbers are better than last year, and so is his team, nash's numbers are better, and so is his team.

simple deductable logic, sort of - but its not going to be kobe. dont you understand? thats WHY nash gets the mvp, because everyone else on his team looks better, they ARE better BECAUSE of him. hes the mvp because of what he does for everyone else.

it's the same story with the same argument as the last 3 years. steve nash will once again win the MVP. but if its dirk, i wont be surprised. if it was nash last year, than its nash this year. he's playing better than he ever has, and so is his team. kobe can average 100ppg if he wants, thats exactly the reason why hes NOT the MVP, because he doesn't make the players around him better. like i said, probably the most simple logic - his numbers are down, and so is his team. people are just on a high from the last 3 games he's had. but he's on my fantasy team so i have no complaints.

BobSacamento
you want numbers? How about leading scorer in the NBA? How about only 4 people in the history of the NBA having back to back to back 50+ point games? clearly he has a shot as good if not better than Dirk and Nash.
BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BobSacamento

some people just will never understand. its that simple. he will win, i will be right, and you will say nothing.

its not all about the points. thats everyone argument for kobe. BUT HES SCORED 100000 POINTS. does-not-matter.

can you at least TRY to understand my logic? or any one of the professionals that vote nash mvp each year? is it possible

that you kobe lovers are WRONG? 

SilverArmor82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SilverArmor82
Kobe is definitely playing like an MVP, but he won't get it this year.
chatri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 chatri10
Member since 2002 • 752 Posts
Lets look at it this way. Nash made everyone around him better, but everyone on the Suns also made Nash look much better than he was in the Mavs. Nash is a great PG and his job is to control the tempo and distribute the ball. Kobe is anamazind SG and his job is to score lots a points to win the game. Kobe also don't have the talent around him like Nash do. They both work perfectly in the system they are playing. As much as I hate the Lakers and Kobe, I believe they both deserve MVP along with Dirk, closly follow by LeBron.
BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BobSacamento

Kobe is definitely playing like an MVP, but he won't get it this year.SilverArmor82

if kobe was doing what hes doing over the course of an entire year, then maybe. but hes not gonna get it because of three games.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dkhw

[QUOTE="sixringz1"]no he's not. A few good games don't overshadow the fact that HIS TEAM is struggling to stay at the BOTTOM of the playoff race. Stever Nash or Nowitzki will win. Especially Nash because of the way his team plays when he is not on the court compared to when he is. I'm not gonna dispute that Kobe is probably the best player in the league, but best and most valuable are 2 different things. There not going to give it to someone struggling to make the playoffs over a guy who's team either has the best or second best record in the league.BobSacamento

sorry i didnt read your post

see this guy gets it

MVP and the Best of Player in NBA seems no longer synonymous together. Kobe is having the best season in NBA and is also the best player in the league, but he still gets no respect. Every person and apparantely media forgets that Kobe plays next to second-rate players with the exception of Odom. Yet, the Lakers are amazingly still in the playoff hunt and WINNING. MVP nowadays goes to the player on the best or the second best team in the league. Let's see who Nash plays next to. Amare (All-star), Marion (All-star), Raja (good shooter), Barbosa (fastest guard, best sixth man), and Diaw (one of the most versatile player). What about Nowitziki? Howard, Terry, Stackhouse, Harris, Diop. Really, is it Kobe's fault that Lakers lose? No. If anything, they should be a sub .500 team with almost no chance of making the playoffs. Let's put Nash or Nowitiziki in Lakers and watch those two struggle.

All you Nash fanboys' logics are illogical. For example, you will say, BUT Nash makes other people better. Ummm...that's his job...he plays PG and he's suppose to pass to others...and Kobe is a SG who's suppose to score, but he still manage to make great passes to his teammates night after night. Comparing a PG and SG in terms of making others people better is stupid and illogical. If that's what a MVP is suppose to be, then Duncan shouldn't have won a single MVP.  

SilverArmor82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SilverArmor82
And let's not forget that Kobe plays really good defense, which is another role of a shooting guard.
BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BobSacamento

lol kobe gets respect

what choo talkin bout

just not "mvp" respect

even though most sites would have him ranked like #3 behind nash and dirkalirk 

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#24 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
[QUOTE="BobSacamento"]

HaloONE

you want numbers? How about leading scorer in the NBA? How about only 4 people in the history of the NBA having back to back to back 50+ point games? clearly he has a shot as good if not better than Dirk and Nash.

Wow... Just wow... It would be a little more impressive if he did it against at least ONE team that had some skill and when his team is BARELY beating teams that are jokes (Memphis and they win by only 2????) I couldn't care less how much he scores!!! He is not the MVP because his team is still junk. Nobody seems to get that the MVP is not for the best player in the league, it's for the MOST VALUABLE Player in the league! It's great that Kobe can score lots of points but his team still sucks. He gets 60 and his team wins by 2 against the crappiest team in the league... That's impressive:roll:

KoFoNiO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 KoFoNiO
Member since 2006 • 938 Posts
How come he cant score like that against good teams? The Kobes will be bounced out of the first round, guaranteed. Dirk is getting MVP this year.
XxMa5icarxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 XxMa5icarxX
Member since 2004 • 6621 Posts
How come he cant score like that against good teams? The Kobes will be bounced out of the first round, guaranteed. Dirk is getting MVP this year.KoFoNiO
Yea it doesnt matter because everybody goes for 50 4 games in a row every single year :roll:
SilverArmor82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SilverArmor82
How come he cant score like that against good teams? The Kobes will be bounced out of the first round, guaranteed. Dirk is getting MVP this year.KoFoNiO
Did he score 62 against your Mavs last year???
SilverArmor82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SilverArmor82
[QUOTE="HaloONE"][QUOTE="BobSacamento"]

nickdastick

Wow... Just wow... It would be a little more impressive if he did it against at least ONE team that had some skill and when his team is BARELY beating teams that are jokes (Memphis and they win by only 2????) I couldn't care less how much he scores!!! He is not the MVP because his team is still junk. Nobody seems to get that the MVP is not for the best player in the league, it's for the MOST VALUABLE Player in the league! It's great that Kobe can score lots of points but his team still sucks. He gets 60 and his team wins by 2 against the crappiest team in the league... That's impressive:roll:

Well let's see Dirk or Nash score 60 plus at least 3 games in a row against the crappiest teams:roll: No one in the NBA even scores that much against sorry teams.
sixringz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sixringz1
i don't understand why you all are basing a season award like the MVP and using this 4 game stretch as your argument. If the MVP was given based on the best week long performance than yeah he deserves it, but to give it to him just based on a week and not take into the fact that the rest of the year he has been struggling just to keep this team in the playoff hunt, that is rediculous, and shows that you are speaking as a kobe fan and not an objective basketball fan. Now if he can continue this for the remaining month and lead his team up into the 4th seed or something like that, than you can mention him in the MVP race, but otherwise he is just having a hell of week. Please keep in mind i'm not bias towards any of the MVP favorites, but one thing i am bias to is that you HAVE TO BE AT AN MVP LEVEL THE WHOLE YEAR, AND YOUR TEAM MUST BE IN CONTENTION AS A RESULT OF IT. Just using what i said i would have to give the award to Nash AS OF NOW because his team, regardless of all the stars on the team, is a below 500 team when he's out of the lineup, but when he's in the lineup they are arguably the best team in the league. Like i said before, i'm not a kobe hater by any means, but you CAN"T give a SEASON AWARD LIKE THE MVP BASED ON 4 GAMES. It doesn't work that way.
KoFoNiO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KoFoNiO
Did he score 62 against your Mavs last year???SilverArmor82
As a matter of fact, he did, and he did it in 3 quarters too, and you know what, I dont care. That actually made the Mavs more aggressive on defense, and we got to the finals last year, when the Kobes choked against a bad defensive team in the first round.
Yea it doesnt matter because everybody goes for 50 4 games in a row every single year :roll:XxMa5icarxX
Look at the teams they played: Portland, Minnesota, Memphis, New Orleans, those teams range from the worst NBA team to a mediocre team, all below .500, yet you praise Kobe as a god. All of those games were really close as well, if he scored 60 on a team like the Spurs in the playoffs, the Spurs would still beat them.
SilverArmor82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SilverArmor82
[QUOTE="SilverArmor82"]Did he score 62 against your Mavs last year???KoFoNiO
As a matter of fact, he did, and he did it in 3 quarters too, and you know what, I dont care. That actually made the Mavs more aggressive on defense, and we got to the finals last year, when the Kobes choked against a bad defensive team in the first round.
Yea it doesnt matter because everybody goes for 50 4 games in a row every single year :roll:XxMa5icarxX
Look at the teams they played: Portland, Minnesota, Memphis, New Orleans, those teams range from the worst NBA team to a mediocre team, all below .500, yet you praise Kobe as a god. All of those games were really close as well, if he scored 60 on a team like the Spurs in the playoffs, the Spurs would still beat them.

Name me anyone in the NBA currently who can score 50 plus consistently against elite teams???
KoFoNiO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KoFoNiO
Name me anyone in the NBA currently who can score 50 plus consistently against elite teams???SilverArmor82
Ok I'm not going to lie, 50+ points in 4 games is impressive, but what is it telling you if Kobe needs to consistently score 50 or more just to win by 2 or 3 every game? It's saying that there really isn't a gameplan, just get the ball to Kobe and try to outscore the other team by himself. Nobody could score 50+ against elite teams in todays NBA, the only players who could probably do that in any era of the NBA are Wilt and MJ.
yrag31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 yrag31
Member since 2004 • 1478 Posts

Kobe should have won the award last year but he was robbed...i don't say Steve Nash deserves it but Kobe deserves that most..Lakers team is trash without Kobe you know that but you see he can put his team on his shoulders to win games and make a playoff run and almost beat the Suns last year...Suns are also a good team w/o Nash and can make playoffs but Lakers w/o Kobe is different, that's why Kobe deserves to win the award this year he helps his team to win games...i'm not a Kobe fan just saying that it's Kobe's turn to win the award...

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dkhw

i don't understand why you all are basing a season award like the MVP and using this 4 game stretch as your argument. If the MVP was given based on the best week long performance than yeah he deserves it, but to give it to him just based on a week and not take into the fact that the rest of the year he has been struggling just to keep this team in the playoff hunt, that is rediculous, and shows that you are speaking as a kobe fan and not an objective basketball fan. Now if he can continue this for the remaining month and lead his team up into the 4th seed or something like that, than you can mention him in the MVP race, but otherwise he is just having a hell of week. Please keep in mind i'm not bias towards any of the MVP favorites, but one thing i am bias to is that you HAVE TO BE AT AN MVP LEVEL THE WHOLE YEAR, AND YOUR TEAM MUST BE IN CONTENTION AS A RESULT OF IT. Just using what i said i would have to give the award to Nash AS OF NOW because his team, regardless of all the stars on the team, is a below 500 team when he's out of the lineup, but when he's in the lineup they are arguably the best team in the league. Like i said before, i'm not a kobe hater by any means, but you CAN"T give a SEASON AWARD LIKE THE MVP BASED ON 4 GAMES. It doesn't work that way.sixringz1

You are not a basketball fan, because you don't even know what the hell you are talking about. For Christ sake, Kobe HAS been playing like MVP the entire season. He has been constantly playing well to keep the Lakers in the playoffs. These last 4 games are result of Kobe's ambition to keep the Lakers in the running. And also, do you really know the Lakers, even basketball? Kobe plays next to second-rate teammates. Only good player Kobe plays next to is Lamar Odom. Last time I checked, it's impossible to be the best team in NBA with two players. Let's see who Nash plays next- two all-star and two players that are considered top 20 players in the league, pure scorers, and three-point shooters. Let's see who Dirk plays next- Howard, Terry, Harris, Stackhouse, Diop, Dampier. It's suprising that Lakers are even in the running for a playoff spot, considering how terrible this team really is and Kobe is the only thing preventing this team from becoming an instant lottery team. Let's see Nash go to Lakers and struggle to keep Lakers in the running like Kobe and let's see who the real MVP is. Let's see Dirk go down with the Lakers. When choosing a MVP, media has to take into consideration that Kobe plays on a crap team and it's impossible for one man no matter how good he is to keep the Lakers in the elite of the West. And who the hell was saying we should give Kobe MVP for 4 games? That was only you...

sixringz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sixringz1

[QUOTE="sixringz1"]i don't understand why you all are basing a season award like the MVP and using this 4 game stretch as your argument. If the MVP was given based on the best week long performance than yeah he deserves it, but to give it to him just based on a week and not take into the fact that the rest of the year he has been struggling just to keep this team in the playoff hunt, that is rediculous, and shows that you are speaking as a kobe fan and not an objective basketball fan. Now if he can continue this for the remaining month and lead his team up into the 4th seed or something like that, than you can mention him in the MVP race, but otherwise he is just having a hell of week. Please keep in mind i'm not bias towards any of the MVP favorites, but one thing i am bias to is that you HAVE TO BE AT AN MVP LEVEL THE WHOLE YEAR, AND YOUR TEAM MUST BE IN CONTENTION AS A RESULT OF IT. Just using what i said i would have to give the award to Nash AS OF NOW because his team, regardless of all the stars on the team, is a below 500 team when he's out of the lineup, but when he's in the lineup they are arguably the best team in the league. Like i said before, i'm not a kobe hater by any means, but you CAN"T give a SEASON AWARD LIKE THE MVP BASED ON 4 GAMES. It doesn't work that way.dkhw

You are not a basketball fan, because you don't even know what the hell you are talking about. For Christ sake, Kobe HAS been playing like MVP the entire season. He has been constantly playing well to keep the Lakers in the playoffs. These last 4 games are result of Kobe's ambition to keep the Lakers in the running. And also, do you really know the Lakers, even basketball? Kobe plays next to second-rate teammates. Only good player Kobe plays next to is Lamar Odom. Last time I checked, it's impossible to be the best team in NBA with two players. Let's see who Nash plays next- two all-star and two players that are considered top 20 players in the league, pure scorers, and three-point shooters. Let's see who Dirk plays next- Howard, Terry, Harris, Stackhouse, Diop, Dampier. It's suprising that Lakers are even in the running for a playoff spot, considering how terrible this team really is and Kobe is the only thing preventing this team from becoming an instant lottery team. Let's see Nash go to Lakers and struggle to keep Lakers in the running like Kobe and let's see who the real MVP is. Let's see Dirk go down with the Lakers. When choosing a MVP, media has to take into consideration that Kobe plays on a crap team and it's impossible for one man no matter how good he is to keep the Lakers in the elite of the West. And who the hell was saying we should give Kobe MVP for 4 games? That was only you...

Know basketball? you must be crazy. i seem to be the only one on this thread that doesn't have a bias towards any of the players in contention for the award. And of course, individually players like marion and stoudamire are all stars but look how that TEAM plays when he is not in the lineup. They won 30 games before he got there WITH THOSE SAME ALL STARS, and look at their record the last 2 years when he hasn't been in the lineup. They are like ten games under 500. When kobe misses a game, there is nowhere near that dramatic of a change. And the final thing you said about me being the only saying that we are basing this on 4 games - PLEASE TAKE A LOOK BACK AT THE INITIAL POST IN THIS THREAD, READ IT OVER A COUPLE TIMES, THEN COME BACK AND SAY I"M THE ONLY ONE BASING IT ON A COUPLE GAMES.  THE WHOLE THREAD WAS STARTED BY GIVING THE STATS TO THOSE GAMES AND THAT"S IT.  YOU FAIL. You need to open your eyes passed your blatant bias towards one particular player, and listen to other people's arguments. Kobe is the BEST player in the league, but prior to this stretch of games he WAS NOT EVEN IN THE DISCUSSION FOR MVP, but now he is. Wake up! You don't see the correlation between this stretch and the award. Trust me, whether it's nash, nowitzki, kobe, or freaking brendon haywood, i couldn't care less who wins. I won't lose a damn bit of sleep over it. But it sounds to me like it will take a piece of your heart if he doesn't win. Calm down, don't be so angry. it's not that serious
silky_smooth8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 silky_smooth8
Member since 2003 • 3659 Posts
he's not winning the mvp this year, if anything, last year was his chance. It's either dirk or nash winning it for 07
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dkhw
[QUOTE="dkhw"]

[QUOTE="sixringz1"]i don't understand why you all are basing a season award like the MVP and using this 4 game stretch as your argument. If the MVP was given based on the best week long performance than yeah he deserves it, but to give it to him just based on a week and not take into the fact that the rest of the year he has been struggling just to keep this team in the playoff hunt, that is rediculous, and shows that you are speaking as a kobe fan and not an objective basketball fan. Now if he can continue this for the remaining month and lead his team up into the 4th seed or something like that, than you can mention him in the MVP race, but otherwise he is just having a hell of week. Please keep in mind i'm not bias towards any of the MVP favorites, but one thing i am bias to is that you HAVE TO BE AT AN MVP LEVEL THE WHOLE YEAR, AND YOUR TEAM MUST BE IN CONTENTION AS A RESULT OF IT. Just using what i said i would have to give the award to Nash AS OF NOW because his team, regardless of all the stars on the team, is a below 500 team when he's out of the lineup, but when he's in the lineup they are arguably the best team in the league. Like i said before, i'm not a kobe hater by any means, but you CAN"T give a SEASON AWARD LIKE THE MVP BASED ON 4 GAMES. It doesn't work that way.sixringz1

Know basketball? you must be crazy. i seem to be the only one on this thread that doesn't have a bias towards any of the players in contention for the award. And of course, individually players like marion and stoudamire are all stars but look how that TEAM plays when he is not in the lineup. They won 30 games before he got there WITH THOSE SAME ALL STARS, and look at their record the last 2 years when he hasn't been in the lineup. They are like ten games under 500. When kobe misses a game, there is nowhere near that dramatic of a change. And the final thing you said about me being the only saying that we are basing this on 4 games - PLEASE TAKE A LOOK BACK AT THE INITIAL POST IN THIS THREAD, READ IT OVER A COUPLE TIMES, THEN COME BACK AND SAY I"M THE ONLY ONE BASING IT ON A COUPLE GAMES. THE WHOLE THREAD WAS STARTED BY GIVING THE STATS TO THOSE GAMES AND THAT"S IT. YOU FAIL. You need to open your eyes passed your blatant bias towards one particular player, and listen to other people's arguments. Kobe is the BEST player in the league, but prior to this stretch of games he WAS NOT EVEN IN THE DISCUSSION FOR MVP, but now he is. Wake up! You don't see the correlation between this stretch and the award. Trust me, whether it's nash, nowitzki, kobe, or freaking brendon haywood, i couldn't care less who wins. I won't lose a damn bit of sleep over it. But it sounds to me like it will take a piece of your heart if he doesn't win. Calm down, don't be so angry. it's not that serious

Before Nash came to the Suns, Amare and Marion were developing into All-stars, so you have no argument there. Also, like you, I don't really care if Kobe doesn't win MVP or not. If you haven't noticed, I am not a Lakers fan, but a Pistons fan. All I was just pointing out is that media is unfavorably bias towards Kobe and no longer pick MVP for having the best indvidual season. The Media nowadays don't even account for the situation these players play under. To me, Lakers have no chance in hell of winning a single playoff game without Kobe while the Suns can still manage without Nash since Barbosa can take over who is an adept ball-handler and scorer like Nash. Also, these four games show that Lakers have troubl winning without Kobe who has to score over 50 points to just win a single game for the Lakers, showing that Lakers are nothing without Kobe.

MOM-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 MOM-D
Member since 2005 • 5222 Posts
Lakers are on an 4 game winning streak
twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#40 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
He better get the MVP. Screw Steve Nash and Nowitzki.
hoop_hard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hoop_hard
Member since 2005 • 20418 Posts

I think Kobe Bryant is very underappreciated. Kobe is more valuable to the Lakers than Dirk is to the Mavericks and Nash is to the Suns. With all due respect, Nowitzki and Nash are great players and have been doing an amazing job this season leading their team; however, they are placed in a much better posistion than Kobe is it may give the illusion that they are a better job leading their team. Of course, you can also count on the MVP Votes to give it to Nash or Nowitzki and not Kobe. All it takes is a couple elbows and they are starting to call Kobe a "dirty player". I think that is his motivation through this run of 50 or more points. The thing I don't like about MVP these days it that it isn't given to the most deserving it is given to the player with the best team and that is not what MVP is about. Just because you are the best player on the best team does not make you more valuable.

What most people do to measure how valuable a player is to their team is speculate. Speculation does nothing. People are saying that well if Nash isn't on the Suns then they are a sub-500 team. That isn't the case. The Suns have an Excellent Roster with well rounded shooters but its their system that makes them a sub-500 team without Nash. Nash is basically the System. He runs and has great court vision. He sees everything and can make the perfect pass to the open player. He knows what to do but their system is strange. If the Phoenix Suns played a Regular half-court style basketball, and have some centers on their team then I like their chances without Nash. The Phoenix Suns have no center on their team. Amare Stoudamire is a Power Forward and even though they play him as center you can tell its not his spot. Just look at his body and you know he isn't a center. The reason the Suns do poorly without Nash is not because they don't have Nash its because they have a unique style of play. I don't think its fair to say that well if Nash isn't on the team they can't make the playoffs and I disagree. If they slow it down, focus on defense they can be a good basketball team. Nash is not very valuable to his team. He is valuable to the system which is only used by the Suns. He gets more assist than everyone in the league because he passes so much and they don't use much shot clock. They use about 5-8 Seconds every chance they get. So he can get 11 Assist per game? I don't find it impressive with the style the Suns Play. He should be getting 11 Assist. Why is this a surprise? I also don't understand how people are saying he makes his teammates better. That is not the case, the system makes everyone better. It allows Nash to run a lot and give out a lot of passes, in the result of that happening there are more shots and more oppertunities for people to score. Nash is a very poor defensive player. You need to be able to play Defense to be Valuable. 

Kobe Bryant is the Most Valuable Player this season and it is not because of this four game streak of 50 of more points. You need to go to a Laker game to understand why Kobe deserves MVP. You'll need to get their early to watch Kobe play One-on-One with Ronny Turiaf during the pre-game shoot around. You'll see him having fun, laughing, getting himself and Turiaf pumped up for the game. Then during the game when someone is shooting free throws, you'll see Kobe giving advice to Shasha on his game. He tells him to keep shooting. Until recently, Kobe didn't use to take as many shots as he did in the first quarter. He would look for Brian Cook and try to get him as many shots as possible. Yup, a guy who is average 30 PPG, is looking for a guy who averages 6 PPG just to get his convidence built him. Kobe is not only a great player but he has become a great teammate. A teammate who looks for the open man, while looking for his shot. He has master the offensive floor and he probably the best shooter in the history of the NBA. There are other players to take into consideration like Micheal Jordan but he was a mid-range post player. He didn't usually take the outside shot. Thats where Kobe's and Jordan's games are so different. Kobe can make a double-team Fade Away Three Pointer. He has every shot in the book and then some more of his own. He keeps inventing new ways to score every game. Its unbelievable. He can score as many points as he wants. I doubt he will cool off. He plays great defense. He gets his teammates involved.  People are saying that he shouldn't get MVP cause all he is a scorer and he isn't really valuable to his team. That is not the case at all. Lakers were on a 8 game losing streak then Kobe decided to boost his scoring and they go on a 4 game winning streak. People say he shoots too much, well I say Nash passes too much. Who cares? He does what he needs to do to get the W and at the end of the day that is the Most Valuable Player.

I don't expect Kobe to win the MVP this year. I expect Nash or Nowitzki to win it because the Reporters don't like Kobe. They hate him because he is so talented and they hate that he is possibly better than the amazing players in the past. They hate that. Well they can hate it all they want but when its all said and done, at the end of the day, the Most Valuable Player in the NBA is Kobe Bryant. 

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
He's not gonna get it. The media is still stuck on Nash. Nowitzkitoo. Even though they have a superb supporting cast.
Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts
Kobe himself said he doesn't deserve MVP. But, I'd rather him or Dirk win it over Nash. Even though I don't really like Kobe...
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dkhw

I think Kobe Bryant is very underappreciated. Kobe is more valuable to the Lakers than Dirk is to the Mavericks and Nash is to the Suns. With all due respect, Nowitzki and Nash are great players and have been doing an amazing job this season leading their team; however, they are placed in a much better posistion than Kobe is it may give the illusion that they are a better job leading their team. Of course, you can also count on the MVP Votes to give it to Nash or Nowitzki and not Kobe. All it takes is a couple elbows and they are starting to call Kobe a "dirty player". I think that is his motivation through this run of 50 or more points. The thing I don't like about MVP these days it that it isn't given to the most deserving it is given to the player with the best team and that is not what MVP is about. Just because you are the best player on the best team does not make you more valuable.

What most people do to measure how valuable a player is to their team is speculate. Speculation does nothing. People are saying that well if Nash isn't on the Suns then they are a sub-500 team. That isn't the case. The Suns have an Excellent Roster with well rounded shooters but its their system that makes them a sub-500 team without Nash. Nash is basically the System. He runs and has great court vision. He sees everything and can make the perfect pass to the open player. He knows what to do but their system is strange. If the Phoenix Suns played a Regular half-court style basketball, and have some centers on their team then I like their chances without Nash. The Phoenix Suns have no center on their team. Amare Stoudamire is a Power Forward and even though they play him as center you can tell its not his spot. Just look at his body and you know he isn't a center. The reason the Suns do poorly without Nash is not because they don't have Nash its because they have a unique style of play. I don't think its fair to say that well if Nash isn't on the team they can't make the playoffs and I disagree. If they slow it down, focus on defense they can be a good basketball team. Nash is not very valuable to his team. He is valuable to the system which is only used by the Suns. He gets more assist than everyone in the league because he passes so much and they don't use much shot clock. They use about 5-8 Seconds every chance they get. So he can get 11 Assist per game? I don't find it impressive with the style the Suns Play. He should be getting 11 Assist. Why is this a surprise? I also don't understand how people are saying he makes his teammates better. That is not the case, the system makes everyone better. It allows Nash to run a lot and give out a lot of passes, in the result of that happening there are more shots and more oppertunities for people to score. Nash is a very poor defensive player. You need to be able to play Defense to be Valuable.

Kobe Bryant is the Most Valuable Player this season and it is not because of this four game streak of 50 of more points. You need to go to a Laker game to understand why Kobe deserves MVP. You'll need to get their early to watch Kobe play One-on-One with Ronny Turiaf during the pre-game shoot around. You'll see him having fun, laughing, getting himself and Turiaf pumped up for the game. Then during the game when someone is shooting free throws, you'll see Kobe giving advice to Shasha on his game. He tells him to keep shooting. Until recently, Kobe didn't use to take as many shots as he did in the first quarter. He would look for Brian Cook and try to get him as many shots as possible. Yup, a guy who is average 30 PPG, is looking for a guy who averages 6 PPG just to get his convidence built him. Kobe is not only a great player but he has become a great teammate. A teammate who looks for the open man, while looking for his shot. He has master the offensive floor and he probably the best shooter in the history of the NBA. There are other players to take into consideration like Micheal Jordan but he was a mid-range post player. He didn't usually take the outside shot. Thats where Kobe's and Jordan's games are so different. Kobe can make a double-team Fade Away Three Pointer. He has every shot in the book and then some more of his own. He keeps inventing new ways to score every game. Its unbelievable. He can score as many points as he wants. I doubt he will cool off. He plays great defense. He gets his teammates involved. People are saying that he shouldn't get MVP cause all he is a scorer and he isn't really valuable to his team. That is not the case at all. Lakers were on a 8 game losing streak then Kobe decided to boost his scoring and they go on a 4 game winning streak. People say he shoots too much, well I say Nash passes too much. Who cares? He does what he needs to do to get the W and at the end of the day that is the Most Valuable Player.

I don't expect Kobe to win the MVP this year. I expect Nash or Nowitzki to win it because the Reporters don't like Kobe. They hate him because he is so talented and they hate that he is possibly better than the amazing players in the past. They hate that. Well they can hate it all they want but when its all said and done, at the end of the day, the Most Valuable Player in the NBA is Kobe Bryant.

hoop_hard

Wow...this is amazing. Finally, someone who understands what I said billions of times. Kobe is the Most Valuable Player to his team and the best player in the league. He also has the respect of everyone on the team and even Phil Jackson. And this season, Kobe has continously looked for teammates whenever possible. Without Kobe, Lakers is a lottery team. Without Nash, Suns still win 50 games in a season, because Suns are so talented even without Nash. Also, like hoop hard said, Nash is a product of the system, D'Antoni's system and that system doesn't work without a good guard. Kobe is by far having the best individual based on his team standings in the West and Stats. Even though Lakers aren't going to win 50 games like the Suns did, but Lakers isn't even a team that should have made the playoffs, but Kobe is the only reason Lakers are going to playoffs and even win the first series.

hoop_hard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hoop_hard
Kobe himself said he doesn't deserve MVP. But, I'd rather him or Dirk win it over Nash. Even though I don't really like Kobe...Eman5805
Of course he is going to say he doesn't deserve it. Nowitzki and Nash said they don't deserve it either. Its called being humble. Would you want to give the MVP to someone who says "Yea, I deserve MVP, give it to me." The first thing Nash said when he got the MVP last season was "I don't deserve this."
Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts

[QUOTE="Eman5805"]Kobe himself said he doesn't deserve MVP. But, I'd rather him or Dirk win it over Nash. Even though I don't really like Kobe...hoop_hard
Of course he is going to say he doesn't deserve it. Nowitzki and Nash said they don't deserve it either. Its called being humble. Would you want to give the MVP to someone who says "Yea, I deserve MVP, give it to me." The first thing Nash said when he got the MVP last season was "I don't deserve this."

Actually, I would give the MVP to someone like that. Just to shake things up. 8)

hoop_hard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hoop_hard

[QUOTE="hoop_hard"][QUOTE="Eman5805"]Kobe himself said he doesn't deserve MVP. But, I'd rather him or Dirk win it over Nash. Even though I don't really like Kobe...Eman5805

Actually, I would give the MVP to someone like that. Just to shake things up. 8)

well thats just you.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
Possibly. The Lakers would be atleast 10 games under .500 without him.
cloudstrife75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 cloudstrife75
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts

I think what everyone is failing to notice is that the Suns lost almost everyg game when Nash was out of the lineup... You cant sit there and say he has a better supporting cast when all their numbers drop and they cant win games without him.

Nash for MVP.