Deer antler spray

This topic is locked from further discussion.

0diN_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 0diN_7
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

I listen to ESPN radio on the way to and home from work everyday and what I've gathered from that is, Ray Lewis has tested positive for a banned drug. Apparently, It's a PED though Lewis claims it came from a spray he was using to treat his torn tricep, which was derived from deer antlers. Also, he has yet to be suspended even though anyone suspected of using PEDs is supposed to be immediately suspended. Is this due to the fact that the super bowl is so close? What's your take on all of this? Is he guilty of doping and should he be suspended? If I have any wrong information feel free to correct me and if there's anymore information relating to this topic that I don't know then please share.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
It CAN act in a similar manner to HGH when taken in large doses, but I have not seen a great deal of evidence for it either way. The main ingredient is IGF-1. Of note is the fact that you can order this stuff on amazon...so it is banned by the NFL but not illegal. As to why he is not suspended: 1. There has been no positive test 2. Even if they suspended him b/c of an SI report (which they would not as the players union would never allow that in the collective bargaining agreement), he could immediately appeal it (like the Seahawks DB did). This would result in him playing this weekend as the appeal would take a while 3. He is retiring. It is his last game So there is basically no way for him to be punished IF he is guilty. The only thing he has to lose is his reputation he has worked so hard to build post murder conspiracy charges 13 years ago (which might be a big thing to him). IMO he seems to value his reputation a LOT, but, who knows, it might not mean sh*t to him.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

Few things:

We already talked about this in official thread.

He never tested positive for it as I doubt he has been tested since being injured, not sure though.

No chance he'll be suspended.

You're late as hell!

Also, Ray lewis is scum

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#4 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

From what I gather, there's no test for it so how could he test positive?

He'd just appeal and play anyways.

I really don't care either way, just play the game. I bet a large amount of players on that field Sunday used the spray that day anyways.