Blazers new dynasty in NBA

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PopeReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PopeReal
Member since 2005 • 1303 Posts
This is the team of the future out west.  Oden, Roy (rookie of the year), Aldridge (all NBA rookie 1st team).. that is a core that you can build on.  And the summer has just started, more deals to come :)
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
How about we wait until the Blazers get into the playoffs before calling them a dynasty?
crazymunda6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 crazymunda6
Member since 2004 • 1389 Posts
i know...but seriusly NCAA is different from NBA, you never know oden/durant might choke and just suck...like JML said i think ill wait till they get into the playoff before i call them a "dynasty". Although with the lineup they have, they probably will be good.
Avatar image for JohnnyBlaze_815
JohnnyBlaze_815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 JohnnyBlaze_815
Member since 2006 • 823 Posts
ya i cant wait for them to draft oden then we are gonna hear all the bandwagoners "ZOMG IVE BEEN A BLAZERS FAN ALL MY LIFE"
shooks20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shooks20
Member since 2005 • 1943 Posts
Even with Oden, the Blazer are not going to accomplish anything
adamf_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 adamf_17
Member since 2005 • 238 Posts
I can say that Portland is what Atlanta wants to be.  That is, a team that has legit young talent at multiple positions instead of about 10 small forwards on one team.  I like the move they made and I give them a legit shot at maybe being a surprise 8th seed next year if the are healthy and gel quickly.  The west is deep, but the last 2 seeds are in doubt, just as they were this past year.  They have a very savvy coach and good management.  If they could make a move for a quality veteran player to compliment their young core, they have a shot to be a good team in the future.
viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts

As devastated I am that Oden will not be in green I'm pretty happy he's going to wind up in Portland, another lost franchise that's got a few nice pieces in place already. They are on their way to being very legit and will be on the verge of blowing up from here on out if they can keep that core growing together.

Actually they just might warm up to Durant what with Aldridge, Randloph and Magloire already there. Oden is better than all of them but Durant fills a real team need, he looks like their missing piece to me. Either way they will be an interesting team next season.

kdt55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 kdt55
Member since 2004 • 2525 Posts
The Blazers are going to be SERIOUS!!!! Just not next year.  They have the talent, and will have more than enough when they draft Oden, but the thing that will hold them back is experience.  Sounds cheesy, but I truly believe that.
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts

I think we might wanna wait to see if they can at least make the playoffs before declaring anyone a dynasty.

PopeReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PopeReal

I think we might wanna wait to see if they can at least make the playoffs before declaring anyone a dynasty.

pundog

fair enough, but this is the most talented young team in the nba.... trust me they are then envy of every nba gm out there today.... once they grow together this team will be the best in the league... nba championship in 4 years

shooks20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shooks20
Member since 2005 • 1943 Posts
[QUOTE="pundog"]

PopeReal

fair enough, but this is the most talented young team in the nba.... trust me they are then envy of every nba gm out there today.... once they grow together this team will be the best in the league... nba championship in 4 years

4 years? No chance man, they will improve, but they are not going to advance that quickly 

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JML897
[QUOTE="pundog"]

PopeReal

fair enough, but this is the most talented young team in the nba.... trust me they are then envy of every nba gm out there today.... once they grow together this team will be the best in the league... nba championship in 4 years

Best young team in the NBA? I have to disagree with that. The Bulls have Luol Deng, who is just 22 and will be a star in the league for many years to come(his improvement in the past year was outstanding).  They also have Ben Gordon, who is a great scorer, and can turn into something great if he can continue to improve the rest of his game. Kirk Hinrich is an above average guard, and may still get better. Thabo Sefolosha, who is 23, will turn out to be an awesome defensive player(and was great in his first year -- I just wish Skiles played him more). Tyrus Thomas can't legally buy a beer yet, and I wish he was played more as well. He has nowhere to go but up after his pretty good rookie season(where his minutes were really limited). 

Also, I don't see why the Spurs or Pistons GMs would be envious of the Blazers.

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
Hope the Blazers go with Durant rather than Oden---Oden has too many questions and needs a few years to get his game going. Durant looks more NBA ready than Oden and has fewer questions to answer.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts

How about we wait until the Blazers get into the playoffs before calling them a dynasty?JML897

Amen.  Dynasty?  How about just being better than average to start? :P

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#15 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

How about we wait until the Blazers get into the playoffs before calling them a dynasty?JML897

No joke! Just because they get the first pick (Oden) doesn't mean they are going to be a great team let alone a dynasty! Let's put the cork back on the bubbly and actually see how they play shall we?

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nickdastick
[QUOTE="PopeReal"][QUOTE="pundog"]

JML897

Best young team in the NBA? I have to disagree with that. The Bulls have Luol Deng, who is just 22 and will be a star in the league for many years to come(his improvement in the past year was outstanding).  They also have Ben Gordon, who is a great scorer, and can turn into something great if he can continue to improve the rest of his game. Kirk Hinrich is an above average guard, and may still get better. Thabo Sefolosha, who is 23, will turn out to be an awesome defensive player(and was great in his first year -- I just wish Skiles played him more). Tyrus Thomas can't legally buy a beer yet, and I wish he was played more as well. He has nowhere to go but up after his pretty good rookie season(where his minutes were really limited). 

Also, I don't see why the Spurs or Pistons GMs would be envious of the Blazers.

Besides the Bulls you have the Jazz who are still in the playoffs!!! I know they are down 2-0 but they won both games this year at home against the Spurs and were behind 2-0 to the Rockets and won the series. But if you look at their team the average age is 25 and their best players (who are VERY good) are only 25 (Boozer), 27 (Okur), and 22 (Williams) and then they have Milsap who is playing great for a rookie off the bench not to mention Fischer who is the oldest at 33, Kirilenko who is 25, and Harpring who is 30!!! I'm sorry but I think my young team beats the Blazers any day of the week!

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JML897
Outside of Deron Williams, I just didn't know the Jazz were that young. :P I thought Okur was something like 32 or 33, and Boozer/Kirilenko were in their late 20s. Now knowing that, I'd say the Jazz are a better "young" team than the Blazers as well.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nickdastick

Outside of Deron Williams, I just didn't know the Jazz were that young. :P I thought Okur was something like 32 or 33, and Boozer/Kirilenko were in their late 20s. Now knowing that, I'd say the Jazz are a better "young" team than the Blazers as well.JML897

A lot of people don't realize how young they are and how good they actually are and can be. I mean, Paul Milsap is a stud and he is like 20! If they can keep their core (Williams, Okur, Boozer) and get a solid SG for Kirilenko (they actually had a possible trade with the Nets for Carter straight up!) they could be a top 3 team for a good number of years!

lunney523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lunney523
Member since 2006 • 174 Posts
I can see the Blazers contending for a Western conference title in about 5-6 yrs
ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 ZebethOrZebes
Member since 2004 • 5997 Posts
Yeah, well, they'll have to beat Utah first, the real up and comer in the Northwest Division.
tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#21 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
[QUOTE="pundog"]

PopeReal

fair enough, but this is the most talented young team in the nba.... trust me they are then envy of every nba gm out there today.... once they grow together this team will be the best in the league... nba championship in 4 years

Four years???  Okay, okay...you're gassed right now about getting the number one...I'd be too if Boston managed to pull that off...but realistically, I just can't see them getting past the Spurs, Suns, Rockets, Jazz or Dallas...with or without Oden...and yes I am a hater...ha ha...

d12malu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 d12malu
Member since 2002 • 1023 Posts
The most hyped 1-2 draft picks since Lebron-Anthony (possibly more), and they get to play in the same division. Good rivalry for years to come.
RBerry82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RBerry82
Member since 2002 • 9631 Posts

This is the team of the future out west.  Oden, Roy (rookie of the year), Aldridge (all NBA rookie 1st team).. that is a core that you can build on.  And the summer has just started, more deals to come :)PopeReal

Hey, the spurs have won 3 championships (about to be 4 soon), and some people still refuse to call them a dynasty. So I think it's a little early to call the blazers one.

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#24 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts

Blazers...dynasty?

No.

Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts
In 5-6 years I can see the Blazers turning into a great team, but a dynasty? Give me a break.
PopeReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PopeReal

[QUOTE="JML897"]How about we wait until the Blazers get into the playoffs before calling them a dynasty?nickdastick

No joke! Just because they get the first pick (Oden) doesn't mean they are going to be a great team let alone a dynasty! Let's put the cork back on the bubbly and actually see how they play shall we?

This isn't your ordinary first pick.... Oden is a rare breed in the NBA, a superstar center.  Every 5 years one lands in the league..... 1987 Patrick Ewing, 1992 Shaq,  1997 Tim Duncan, 2002 Yao Ming, 2007 Greg Oden... all number one picks in their respective years.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JML897
[QUOTE="nickdastick"]

[QUOTE="JML897"]How about we wait until the Blazers get into the playoffs before calling them a dynasty?PopeReal

This isn't your ordinary first pick.... Oden is a rare breed in the NBA, a superstar center. Every 5 years one lands in the league..... 1987 Patrick Ewing, 1992 Shaq, 1997 Tim Duncan, 2002 Yao Ming, 2007 Greg Oden... all number one picks in their respective years.

Yeah, remember that Patrick Ewing-led Knicks dynasty? How many titles did they win again? Wait...what?

Also, the Yao/T-Mac-led Rockets are far from dynasty levels.

PopeReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PopeReal
[QUOTE="PopeReal"][QUOTE="nickdastick"]

[QUOTE="JML897"]How about we wait until the Blazers get into the playoffs before calling them a dynasty?JML897

This isn't your ordinary first pick.... Oden is a rare breed in the NBA, a superstar center. Every 5 years one lands in the league..... 1987 Patrick Ewing, 1992 Shaq, 1997 Tim Duncan, 2002 Yao Ming, 2007 Greg Oden... all number one picks in their respective years.

Yeah, remember that Patrick Ewing-led Knicks dynasty? How many titles did they win again? Wait...what?

Also, the Yao/T-Mac-led Rockets are far from dynasty levels.

I gotta love it.... before the lottery Greg Oden was being compared to all the great centers including Russell.  Now that the Blazers get the 1st pick everyone is trying to downplay him.... if he had landed in Chicago, Boston, or New York you east coast fools would be going crazy about how good he is.  Funny how someone's stock can fall so fast in just a few minutes.... give me a break.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JML897
Hey, don't get me wrong -- I think Oden and Durant will both be superstars. But, I just think you're overreacting and being way too optimistic. A Blazers' title in the next 6 or 7 years isn't out of the question, but I don't think you can call them a dynasty for at least a decade -- and that's if everything falls Portland's way.
PopeReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PopeReal

Hey, don't get me wrong -- I think Oden and Durant will both be superstars. But, I just think you're overreacting and being way too optimistic. A Blazers' title in the next 6 or 7 years isn't out of the question, but I don't think you can call them a dynasty for at least a decade -- and that's if everything falls Portland's way.JML897

Thats fair enough.  Although I still think title in 4 years and they win a few like the Spurs.

LessThanMarcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LessThanMarcus
Member since 2003 • 655 Posts

Yeah, It'll be interesting. That is a great team they have there with Randolph, Oden, and Roy. If that team were to stay together it could be seeing a finals within 5 years. The problem is Roy's contract is up in 2 years, and Oden's will be up in 3. And I'm sure Randolph and Aldridge will be asking for a lot of money. Oden could be a 20million a year player. So we'll see if they can keep that team together

StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts

Guess what every team every year gets a #1 draft pick that would be like saying Next year's winner of the lottery is a dynsesty 

LessThanMarcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LessThanMarcus
Member since 2003 • 655 Posts

Guess what every team every year gets a #1 draft pick that would be like saying Next year's winner of the lottery is a dynsesty

StarFoxCOM

Not every year there is a Greg Oden 

Ernice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#34 Ernice
Member since 2005 • 1269 Posts
i dont think Blazers and dynasty should even be in the same sentence. not until they achieve at least one championship first. lets wait and see. in fact, not many teams in the NBA can be considered a dynasty. cos its really quite competitive. you dont see the same team winning all the time, not since the Bulls era and the Lakers era.
PopeReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PopeReal

StarFoxCOM

dude every draft is different... this one happens to be considered the best in 10+ years