wilkinsg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wilkinsg
Member since 2004 • 403 Posts
I have a very powerful mac that I just bought (my first mac), and I wanted to take advantage of it by buying some high-quality games for it. The only game I have installed on it currently is World of Warcraft, but I'm looking for other ones. Any suggestions? P.S. I read the news story about how C&C 3 and a couple other games are coming for the mac soon, but I was hoping to find out about titles that are currently available. Anyone here have a mac and love computer games?
iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#2 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts

I have had nothing else since Apple made the first home computer. Here it the most complete shopping place for games for your Mac, both the G5 Mac and the Linux CPU "Intel" Mac. Do your shopping at the macgamestore: http://www.macgamestore.com/

That is where I got Doom3, Halo:Combat Evolved, Black and White, SpyHunter, Lego Star Wars, The Incredibles, and many others. Just like PC games many of the newer games are now available as digital downloads. I also got a Logitech controller that is similar to a Playstation 2 controller. Be warned that not all games allow you to use it, though. Even some racing games don't allow for the controller. I like the keyboard for computer games but I'd rather use a controller for racing games:|

I know they have Stubbs the Zombie, Postal, Hearts of Irons, and Age of Empires III to name a few. Go check them out and start an account, which you will do automatically the first time you buy a game anyhow:D

Macs are awesome in almost everyway especially graphics. They don't however have the gaming capability of Windows based computers unless you have an Intel Mac and then you can use the Windows partitioned side to play PC games. If you don't have an intel Mac then you are pretty much stuck with the macgamestore. EB games has a pretty decent selection of PC games but the only game they have that will run on a Mac is World of Warfare - I say no thanks to an MMORPG with a hefty monthly fee:?

Ryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ryan
Member since 2002 • 1119 Posts
My favorite Mac game is called "Install Windows XP On My MacBook So I Can Play the New Sam & Max Games", and it's a blast.
wilkinsg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 wilkinsg
Member since 2004 • 403 Posts
How dare you Ryan Davis. Now, I'm going to need your home address.
Ryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ryan
Member since 2002 • 1119 Posts
Quite easily. I love my MacBook, but it's pretty wretched for playing modern PC games. The only games I have installed are the Sam & Max episodes on my XP partition, and Fallout and Fallout 2 on the OSX side. If I had a Pro, I suppose I might have WoW installed, but even then, it's pretty slim pickins.
iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 iowastate
WoW does have a Macintosh edition that I haven't tried, But when I played Baldur's Gate and Shadowbane on my earlier Macs I found that Macintosh wasn't kept up to date while frequent updates were brought out for the PC versions...that is why I droppped them and went to the online games that don't require software.
whgresiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 whgresiak
Member since 2005 • 1889 Posts
Descent. Hands down best game ever released for Mac. Or even PC for that matter...
Chinaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Chinaman18
Member since 2003 • 591 Posts
I just bought a macbook pro.... so macs arent good for gaming? i kinda got it for gaming.
iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 iowastate
if you have an Intel Mac you are fine, but the majority of computer games are made for Windows. If you got the the macgamestore link in the early part of this thread you can find games for any macintosh computer, but a Intel Mac will play Windows games in the Windows partition if you have windows loaded and are ready to use your computer as a PC you should be ready for gaming too.
ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#10 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts

just get madden. pc is great for video games.