Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 TitusAndronicus
Member since 2004 • 978 Posts

Howdy little cowpokes-

With all these mammoth mamma-jamma topics on gaming setups, I thought I'd offer up something a little smaller as a topic title.  What's your favorite piece of gaming memorabilia or schwag?  Is there something you collect?  A cool shirt or a poster?  Is there something you'd love to have or buy?

I also decided not to limit this topic to just games.  If there is any movie schwag that you've collected, feel free to post that here too.

For me, my favorite piece of gaming memorabilia would probably be my collection of old game posters.  Before I was a Gamespot disciple (heck, it was back before the Internet had gaming sites, I think), I collected the posters that came with games and game magazines.  I don't know if they still do it or not, but the magazines used to include posters or artwork every now and again.  I have a bunch of these from older issues PC Gamer, GamePro, and various other magazines.

As for movies, I have a bunch of very cool movie action figures.  I have a few from Kill Bill, Sin City, LOTR, and will be adding some from the Simpsons as well as 300.

So what about you?

Polybren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Polybren
Member since 2004 • 1678 Posts
Master of the Flying Guillotine movie poster from its theatrical rerelease in 1998 or 99. That and a J. Jonah Jameson action figure (with desk-pounding action) from the first Spider-Man movie that I keep on my desk at work.
PhoenixMDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 PhoenixMDK
Member since 2005 • 3258 Posts

Sort of in between gaming and film memorabilia I have the Cloud and Sephiroth figures from FF7: Advent Children. They're pretty enough that even non-gamers comment on them!

I also have a Guild Wars t-shirt that I won (along with a copy of the game) which always attracted attention from staff at game stores. It's not that great a shirt though...

OmegaDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 OmegaDark
Member since 2003 • 800 Posts

I have an original Ghostbusters theatrical poster from 1985 I believe.
An x-girlfriend searched high and low for it as a birthday gift.

"Who you gonna call?"