Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JodyR
Member since 2005 • 16454 Posts

Dawn of War 2 (PC)
September 1st starting at 4pm PT

1. How do I get in on the action?

It is important to join the chat room so staff and GameSpotters can communicate with all of you. If you cannot remain in chat, exit and return once you want to play another match. We'll open the chatroom between 3 and 3:30pm PT on the day of game night.

2. I am from another country and timezone other than California time (Pacific Time). What time is that for me?
http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc. If you want to be extra tech savvy and you use Firefox, download the foxclocks application to monitor your timezone versus other timezones.

3. What mode will we be playing?
We'll ask Kevin what he plans to play!

4. Why TWO games? Why not some other ones?
Kevin recommended the game but we do want to remain in everyone's budget. We are hoping most people have the game!

5. Can I drop by late to participate in game night?
Of course! Why not?

6. What GameSpot folks will I be playing with?

Kevin so far.

I will also should be hopping in but will have weak skills since I have never played the game before. Prepare for a newwar if you face me! 

7. You mentioned something about "bounties" in the Game Night FAQ. What is up with that?
Every week, a player that meets the bounty requirement will get to take part in a grudge match later in the year against other bounty hunters. That match will take place on a game that pretty much anyone can play, such as a free bowling game, or some other such frivolity. The winner of the Grudge Match will receive a special emblem in his or her profile. Other emblems may also be awarded to players based on performance, wins, or other criteria.

8. What's this week's bounty requirement?
The non-scientific method: the player GameSpot staff feels kicked their butts the most. We normally choose one MVP per game or platform. 

9. I am totally the best, and you know it. What if you give the emblem to some other dude, even if I know I am better?
It's the staff call on who becomes the MVP for the week.

10. So, do I have a good chance of kicking GameSpot butt?
Of course you do! There has got to be a game that we stink at.

12. Do I get an emblem for playing?
The only emblem goes to the bounty winner(s), which are listed on the game night feature page as MVP. It's next to impossible for staff to keep up with who enters the game or server and who doesn't. Besides, isn't gloating over GameSpot Staff a great reward?

13. Where should I report my game night experience?
You can post it here!

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#3 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I wish I had the game
Misfit119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#4 Misfit119
Member since 2004 • 418 Posts
I'll be there for my first time playing DoW2 online. Finally a game I actually own when the game night comes around, heh. Here's hoping that there's enough people ther efor it to matter. :-P
Wolf-5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5 Wolf-5
Member since 2005 • 1730 Posts
Unfortunatly I do not have this game :(
UrFaceIzDum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 UrFaceIzDum
Member since 2006 • 448 Posts
Can't join (don't own the game) but I'll definitely try to join in on some chat.
Misfit119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#8 Misfit119
Member since 2004 • 418 Posts
As opposed to the staggering turn outs of the other game nights, like CoD:WaW? I'm starting to see why they went away.
RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#9 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts

CHAT LINK NOT WORKING?. sorry for caps just wanted to make sure people saw this. I think the link to the chat room is broken in this thread. I tried a past F.A.Q's chat room link and it worked. And if my link doesnt work just go 2 another a past F.A.Q and get into the chatroom from there.

[Edit]

Fixed

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JodyR
CHAT LINK NOT WORKING?. sorry for caps just wanted to make sure people saw this. I think the link to the chat room is broken in this thread. I tried a past F.A.Q's chat room link and it worked. And if my link doesnt work just go 2 another a past F.A.Q and get into the chatroom from thereRealKilla_789
all fixed! copy/paste does that for some reason.
Liliroots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Liliroots
Member since 2004 • 1411 Posts

Dawn of War 2 is such a great game. I was just playing it yesterday! Can't believe i missed it ='[

I can't wait for that "Last Stand" Sounds like a game mode from many other games but being applied to DoW2 and its gameplay...CAN'T WAIT!

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JodyR

Roll call!

Seems that some people dropped by the chatroom to chat it up about the game heroes voting process! No matter, we did have a couple people show, but it wasn't a big turn out as we had hoped.

Bambii12633
BenderUnit22
carlosjuero (MVP, he stuck it out until the end!)
carstairs
galerian86
jjthehun
JodyR
lim_ak
martialbullet
mrhuntin
pecan50
RealKilla_789
Sidburn19
thedisturbedwol