Balrogbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 63

User Lists: 5

#1 Balrogbane
Member since 2014 • 1051 Posts

I've had this thought for a while. I'm asking people to ship their dream game idea with a developer company they think could pull it off.

The game idea could be a full story and setting and genre or a basic mechanic or era you'd like to see in a game. Then just pair that with the company you think could do it and let everyone know your idea.

My idea is fairly simple. As a big Lord of The Rings fan I've always thought it would be cool to see a full length RPG set in Middle Earth. Basically it would be The Elder Scrolls LOTR edition. Just picure it; you start the game the theme plays and you are dropped into Middle Earth as the race of your choice. Then you are free to roam and fight orcs, wargs, goblins, ect while gather all the weapon types from the LOTR universe. I'd be great. (And yes I am aware there are LOTR mods for the Elder Scrolls but a game built from the ground up would be amazing)

And the company that could pull it off (maybe) would be Bethesda.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

My dream game is similar to yours except instead of The Elder Scrolls: LOTR edition, I want The Elder Scrolls: Game of Thrones edition. Given the incredible popularity of Game of Thrones over the past few years, I'm really surprised that no AAA developer has made a Game of Thrones RPG yet.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I'm with Razorfist on this one:

Loading Video...

TotalRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TotalRobot
Member since 2017 • 187 Posts

A Zelda MMO is one I'd like to see. Just to flush out the lore more.

Avatar image for covenantofdemos
covenantofdemos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 covenantofdemos
Member since 2016 • 31 Posts

I'd want a fighting game level roster in an open world game. Like you can pick from a ton of characters to travel with and see how they react to the world around them. Like you have a fast, agile guy who can run along or up walls, a guy who can teleport, dude who basically moves like the hulk, that good stuff.

GooMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 GooMaster
Member since 2009 • 296 Posts

My dream game is basically everything Metal Gear Solid V was. Barring the narrative.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#7 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

A Bruce Lee game.

vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 vespuche
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts

An official Pokémon MMO on PC would be dope.

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#9  Edited By nathanbats
Member since 2016 • 1057 Posts

A Batman game that is not an Arkham game but a game that is basically Batman zero year,the court of owls,death of the family and endgame.It should have a night/Day cycle,in day you play as Bruce Wayne and make choices like in Batman telltale.It should have Batman Arkham combat and stealth similar to BA but more like how bats does it in the comics.It should also have a batcycle and a batmobile like the one in the comics,not like the one in BAK,so no tank battles.I would like to play as robin(Damien Wayne),Red Robin,nightwing,redhood and batgirl.

The game should have some stories of its own,but short ones.I would also like to access the batcave and have all of Batmans gadgets.

Rocksteady should do it.

I could keep talking about it all day.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7324 Posts

I want Platinum to make a sequel to Vanquish, but with some motorcycle levels. Nintendo would publish it as a new Mach Rider.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

basically, RO2/Rising Storm with BF1 level production values

or, another Stalker game with Metro Last Light quality visuals and less bugs

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#12 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11677 Posts

Right now I'd go for a game with the mechanics of Devil May Cry 3 with improved interface and camera work, some argue that Bayonetta is that but it isn't. Though I do enjoy that series as well.

And Dragon's Dogma sequel, not the half baked multiplayer game with poor coding. An actual sequel_

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Makai Kingdom 2 with the Budget of FF15

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

Half-Life 3!

Looks like Valve will never make it... but if not them, I'd like to see a dev like Machine Games have a shot. I know it'll never happen but I like the idea of it considering how well they did with Wolfenstein.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10490 Posts
@with_teeth26 said:

or, another Stalker game

came in to say this.

or a true sequel to the first crysis. or chaos theory

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58413 Posts

A hybrid city-builder meets 4X game.

You'd essentially have the city/base building of a city builder along with the economy, but you'd work in aspects of 4X such as diplomacy, espionage, trade, and war. It'd occur in real-time (as far as building would go) and battles would occur off-site like in Total War, unless they were sieges.

It's be near future, so kind of reminiscent of Anno 2070 only taken up to another notch. There'd be much more "projects" and you'd see them in your cities.

So, basically, you're building your city-state like it's Cities: Skylines or Simcity but managing the relationships with other city-states like it's a 4X.

The layout would be pretty simple, tile-based. You want to invade your neighbor, then you do so and you fight on whatever grassland or water or whatever might be between you two. Or you can trade, and build a pier or airport. You can build megaweapons.

Everything is realtime, so there's also a sort of RTS feel to it, too. There would be resources as well, so it'd feel like the old Impressions (Caesar, Pharaoh, etc) games.

Nightd720ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nightd720ad
Member since 2017 • 18 Posts

I had am idea for a fighting game. Its more the mehanics than story or characters. Basically you have your two sets of three for punch an kicks. L,m,h. To block incoming attacks instead of block button you would have to press l1 and the corresponding attack they hit you with, for example a hard punch would be blocked by pressing back and hard punch. Counters the same excecpt you press l2 and hard punch. Anyways if the machanics could be streamlined i envisioned fights simialr to most popular action movies as far as counters in combos. Would be pretty neat.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21703 Posts

Two of my dream games were answered with Streets of Rage Remake and Sonic Mania, so next up is a new Dark Forces/Jedi Knight and X-Wing/TIE Fighter.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

Modern day Total War game. Ever dreamed to take over the world as Turkey or Sweden? I do.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58413 Posts

@lembu90 said:

Modern day Total War game. Ever dreamed to take over the world as Turkey or Sweden? I do.

I know it's not even close, but have you played Wargame before? It's about as close as you'll get to the real-time battle part.

Mea321ws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mea321ws
Member since 2017 • -4 Posts

A Bruce Lee game. http://www.mailmarke.com

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#22 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@balrogbane:

I got 2.

1. Revive the ps1 classic, Shadow Man and have Crystal Dynamics make a remake from the ground up using what they learned from Rise of the Tomb Raider.

2. Have Naughty Dog make Earthworm Jim into a 3D adventure game like Uncharted-ish.

Khazrak134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#23 Khazrak134
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts

Planetside game set in the Star Wars universe

kingkilla3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kingkilla3
Member since 2006 • 17196 Posts

I was going to say that I no longer have any dream games, but I happened across a thought that a cross between Dragon Ball and Fable would be quite appealing. I can imagine an interconnected world in which you take a young Saiyan (or human or Namekian perhaps?) from childhood to old age (however distant that may be, considering a Saiyan's lifespan), becoming more and more powerful over time and going through the various stages of Super Saiyan.

TotalRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TotalRobot

A DnD or Pathfinder video game that is Skyrim in style, yet doesn't take itself seriously and isn't afraid to go superhero-levels of crazy at moments.

Basically, the kind where not only is using teleport and a dwarf to bomb someone from orbit a legitimate in-game strategy, but one that doesn't bother to hide how silly such a strategy is.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@kingkilla3: I'd go with this too.

TotalRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TotalRobot

A friend of mine suggested a game named "Harambe Avenger," where you play a gorilla that hunts people who shoot gorillas.

I facepalmed. Then I thought about it. Now I'm facepalming because I want to play it just once.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

The Elder Scrolls Arena remade with same graphics but with all the new mechanics from the newer Elder Scrolls and released on mobile phones.

RedAlert539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#29  Edited By RedAlert539
Member since 2015 • 361 Posts

I have a dream game albeit one that won't happen anytime soon, if ever. A Metroid Prime VR game. Retro should definetly develop it though i don't know who should work on the VR portion of the game.

undefeatdgaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By undefeatdgaul
Member since 2017 • 8 Posts

I cant tell you Im going to sell the idea and make millions

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Hidden & Dangerous 3

No One Lives Forever 3

SWAT 5

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#32 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

I might be playing it: The Long Dark

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44332 Posts

A new Chrono game. It's been way too long since Chrono Cross.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#34 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

A samurai open world game, like GTA. Not something like Way of The Samurai. But a real open world game, where you assemble an army of warriors and their clans to fight a corrupt shogunate, or on the flipside, you're helping a good shogunate fight off a rebellion. I would cum EVERYWHERE

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

A triple A multiplayer game made similar to The Witcher 3 or Mass Effect 2 - Lets just call them "TW5 online/ME5 online" in steady 60fps and 4k. Imagine you could move around in a world/universe like that without knowing who was the npc or not and if you get killed you are dead and if you kill a random npc you go to jail and have to pay up etc.. if you get killed you have to start all over again. You could choose to have what ever role you would like, a shopkeeper, a constructionworker, detective solving puzzles and tracking down NPC killers etc etc.. You could be a soldier fighting for any faction or army, you could be a hitman tracking down real life players after finding some sort of clues or (irragularity) when it comes to the npc's which every player could desquise him/herself as, you could build a fortification if you like and make it real hard to get in unless you are an expert lockmaster or constructionworker who could drill his way in and offcourse you could blow the whole shit up with the proper ingrediense which would be hard to get by, you could be a brawler with the depth of a fighting game if you like, you could be who ever you want to be and the servers could only have a limited number of real life players as you play the game like you normally do in story mode if that's possible. The game should not be to crowded, maybe 20 players in the world size of the witcher 3 and you could never see how many who was online or their names untill you or if you ever get killed by one of them . A game like this needs that perfect balance though and it's probably extremly hard to develope. At this point in time it's impossible to make a game like this but i hope i will see something similar in the future, maybe next gen.

Alexander4552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Alexander4552
Member since 2012 • 147 Posts

Stalker 2

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#37  Edited By speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

I always dreamt of games like DayZ or Rust, until that actually came true. Horrible...

I tend to keep my game dreams more simple now. More games like Resident evil 7 or condemned with co-op would be great, and more random generated instead of scripted.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

A hybrid city-builder meets 4X game.

You'd essentially have the city/base building of a city builder along with the economy, but you'd work in aspects of 4X such as diplomacy, espionage, trade, and war. It'd occur in real-time (as far as building would go) and battles would occur off-site like in Total War, unless they were sieges.

It's be near future, so kind of reminiscent of Anno 2070 only taken up to another notch. There'd be much more "projects" and you'd see them in your cities.

So, basically, you're building your city-state like it's Cities: Skylines or Simcity but managing the relationships with other city-states like it's a 4X.

The layout would be pretty simple, tile-based. You want to invade your neighbor, then you do so and you fight on whatever grassland or water or whatever might be between you two. Or you can trade, and build a pier or airport. You can build megaweapons.

Everything is realtime, so there's also a sort of RTS feel to it, too. There would be resources as well, so it'd feel like the old Impressions (Caesar, Pharaoh, etc) games.

This sounds awesome, somebody has to make it

RugileRar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RugileRar
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

As stupid as it sounds, my dream was always to play original SIMS because I only had a SIMS CITY... Somehow virtual reality games are the most interesting for me!

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

My dream game?

Souls game where you can jump. High. Like double jump or even dash upwards. I'm basicly trying to describe a 3D Castlevania SotN. It doesn't exist yet. Dark Souls is as close as i've seen (especially the bit faster paced DS3), but with flat movement. Vertical movement could add tons and tons of more gameplay elements to it.

Wouldn't hurt if it would be open-world too.

But i know i can't have everything... well but of course i can! It's my dream game!

@with_teeth26 said:

or, another Stalker game

Or then just this, yes.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

A military version of XCOM where you can play either as government or rebel factions in a country torn apart by civil war. While battles play much like XCOM but it also a Total War-like strategic map of the country which where you freely launch an assault to capture enemy territories and each of them have unique bonuses such as seaports, trading posts, refugee camps, gunsmiths, etc and each of them are can be upgraded, as long as you have enough money and time. Factions also play important part and if you play as government you have easy start of economy, fresh recruits and large territory but you need to face several rebel factions at once, Each rebel factions have their own strength and weaknesses based on their starting locations, traits, etc.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#44 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

I wish Obsidian could give TES the New Vegas treatment. They could do wonderful things with it. Certainly more than modern Bethesda can. And put Michael Kirkbride in charge of writing it.

Star Citizen is pretty much exactly a dream game of mine, specifically the multi-crew ships. Hope it turns out well.

Okami 2. Capcom please, Kamiya wants to do it.

SwarthyMouser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SwarthyMouser
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

Not a dream game but I'd like to see From Software do something in the Manhunt vein.

g4b0t0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By g4b0t0
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

My dream game is Atelier Iris - Eternal Mana n__n is just amazing