XBOX 1, connecting to xbox live???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

buster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 buster007
Member since 2005 • 773 Posts

I bought an original xbox for 30 bucks. I cant seem to get it to connect to xbox live. why is this?

ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#2 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

Original Xbox Live support was shut down in April.

buster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 buster007

so i cant get the system updates or game patches or anything?

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts
No, and what sucks worse is the XBox 1 games I downloaded on my XBox 360 are gone forever. I can't get them back either!
buster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 buster007

huh? the xbox originals you downloaded on the 360 were... taking away from you?

LoserMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 LoserMike
Member since 2003 • 4915 Posts
No, and what sucks worse is the XBox 1 games I downloaded on my XBox 360 are gone forever. I can't get them back either!Emerald_Warrior
They still work, you just can't play them online.
Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts

so i cant get the system updates or game patches or anything?

buster007
not sure, but theres like no live support for xbox original games any more so i guess not. rly sucks cause halo 2 was beast
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#8 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Microsoft ended XBL for the original xbox in april

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Emerald_Warrior
[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]No, and what sucks worse is the XBox 1 games I downloaded on my XBox 360 are gone forever. I can't get them back either!LoserMike

If I had my original 360. My first one crapped out, I didn't get a new one until a few months ago. My profile is still there, and I can get the XBox Arcade games I got before, but not the XBox original games. I just wasted my money basically, I didn't even get to sell them or trade them. And XBox sure as heck didn't give me my points back.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#10 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

[QUOTE="LoserMike"][QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]No, and what sucks worse is the XBox 1 games I downloaded on my XBox 360 are gone forever. I can't get them back either!Emerald_Warrior

If I had my original 360. My first one crapped out, I didn't get a new one until a few months ago. My profile is still there, and I can get the XBox Arcade games I got before, but not the XBox original games. I just wasted my money basically, I didn't even get to sell them or trade them. And XBox sure as heck didn't give me my points back.

Why not contact microsoft for support?

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"][QUOTE="LoserMike"] They still work, you just can't play them online.BuryMe

Why not contact microsoft for support?

I am, right now. And I keep getting this automated response about playing XBox original games on XBox 360 and the compatibility list. It's quite frustrating know that no one is actually reading my emails but just looking for keywords.
ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#12 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts

If I had my original 360. My first one crapped out, I didn't get a new one until a few months ago. My profile is still there, and I can get the XBox Arcade games I got before, but not the XBox original games. I just wasted my money basically, I didn't even get to sell them or trade them. And XBox sure as heck didn't give me my points back.Emerald_Warrior

Did you use that feature on Xbox.com that let's you transfer licenses from one console to another?

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#13 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
Yup, Original Xbox Live support is dead. There are separate servers you can connect to still, but those don't hold patches and such to my knowledge.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"] If I had my original 360. My first one crapped out, I didn't get a new one until a few months ago. My profile is still there, and I can get the XBox Arcade games I got before, but not the XBox original games. I just wasted my money basically, I didn't even get to sell them or trade them. And XBox sure as heck didn't give me my points back.ZimpanX

Did you use that feature on Xbox.com that let's you transfer licenses from one console to another?

What good would that do if my first 360 is dead and unusable?
ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ZimpanX

Emerald_Warrior

I have never done it myself but are you sure you need your previous 360 operational while you do it? From the quick summary it only seems you need a PC and your new 360 but hey I might be wrong.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

ZimpanX

I have never done it myself but are you sure you need your previous 360 operational while you do it? From the quick summary it only seems you need a PC and your new 360 but hey I might be wrong.

I figured that you'd just connect to the two XBoxes, I never thought a PC would be a part of it. Nothng I could have done about it anyways. The old one broke about a year ago. I don't have the money to just drop a few a hundred dollars down the day my old one died, I got a family and bills to pay. I just got the new one a month or two ago. So they never would have met anyways.
jidaigeki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#17 jidaigeki
Member since 2003 • 51 Posts
You don't need the old machine to do it. I think the hard drive transfer tutorial tells you how to transfer your licenses and then you can re-download anything you had bought previously. The only restriction is you can do it once per year.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Emerald_Warrior
I found a much easier way. Somebody at XBox finally opened my email and read it rather than just sending me an automated response. It's actually really simple. You just go to "manage your account" on your XBox Dashboard, and there is a items you've downloaded menu. From there, you can re-download anything you've previously downloaded.
ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ZimpanX

I found a much easier way. Somebody at XBox finally opened my email and read it rather than just sending me an automated response. It's actually really simple. You just go to "manage your account" on your XBox Dashboard, and there is a items you've downloaded menu. From there, you can re-download anything you've previously downloaded.Emerald_Warrior

I think that works as long as you are connected to Xbox Live, if you want to use your things without being connected I believe you have to transfer your licenses.