Would it have worked?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarkR34p3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 DarkR34p3r
Member since 2006 • 722 Posts
So I go to GameStop to return my copy of Killzone I got a few days earlier. You see, my ps2 wouldn't recognize it as a ps2 or ps1 disc. So I go in, explain what happened and why I was returning it, when the guy looked at the disc he asked if I wanted to try something before I return it. He said the disc looked fine (Except for a few light stratches and dots) and asked if I wanted to take it back home and adjust a setting on my ps2 to read a disc slower? He said I just needed to adjust something that sounded like that and the disc would play fine. Not taking any chances (Because I can't go back and forth to the game shop) I simply returned it. But my question is, what was he talking about? I've never once looked at my ps2 setting because of the fear of screwing up my console. Also, would it have a higher chance to work if I HAD brought it home and did what he said?
kangaroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 kangaroo
Member since 2003 • 50 Posts
Should've just cleaned it with alcohol and a q-tip. Alcohol and a q-tip fixes any game. Just ask my old Nintendo.
DarkR34p3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DarkR34p3r
I did take a look at the disc, it looked fine. maybe 1 or 2 light scratches and these dots. I have tried to clean it, but to no avail.
-Wheels-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 -Wheels-
Member since 2005 • 3137 Posts
Like I said before, I believe it's the machine. Have you tried sticking a vaccum up to the back of your ps2 (tube vacum of course). At some point if you don't do this with the old version of the PS2, it will stop reading certain discs. If you've done that, then idk really. I'm assuming that you have the old version though.
DarkR34p3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DarkR34p3r
Yes, I have the old ps2, but the thing is, it plays all the other ps2 games that I have like they're perfect. Even though they have more scratches than the Killzone disc I got. EDIT: I've cleaned the dust off the fan and the port where you stick the network adapter in a few weeks earlier.