The other topic was inexplicably closed despite being less than 6 months old, and it took me a while to compile my list so here's a new thread!
It's easy to say ET is probably the worst thing ever made but i've never played it so am not including it. Try to stick with games you've played, rather than what you've heard.
Worst in each genre:
- RPG = Eternal Ring (PS2)
- FPS = Warhammer 40000: Fire Warrior (PC)
- Strategy = Wartorn (PC)
- Driving = Hot Wired (PC)
- Puzzle = Bridge-It (CPC464)
- Space/Flight = Combat Lynx (CPC464)
- Sports = Sega Bass Fishing (PC)
- 3PS = Reign of Fire (PS2)
- Adventure = Lula 3D (PC)
- Platformer = Roland in the Caves (CPC464)
- Shooter = Dan Dare 2 (CPC464)
- Fighting = Rise of the Robots (PC)
- MMO = Second Life (PC)
Worst on each platform:
- PC = Lula 3D
- PS1 = Bubsy 3D
- CPC = Bridge-It
- PS2 = Eternal Ring
Yes, i have played "Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing" on PC, but that's so bad that it has a charm, if that makes sense. It's funny-bad, not horrible-bad.
I'd have to say that the flat-out worst game i've ever played is "Bridge-It" on the CPC.
Not only is it a terrible idea, frustrating and boring, it was also buggy and sometimes didn't load properly. So parts of some levels were strewn randomly around the screen.