Will there ever be a new Prince of Persia game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChromeGrill212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 ChromeGrill212
Member since 2006 • 1644 Posts

I hope they don't stop making more Prince Of Persia games just because of the huge success of God Of War games. I love the God Of War franchise for the way it is but i still dont want Ubisoft to end the Prince Of Persia series. I would hate it if they stop making anymore Prince Of Persia games maybe because im persian but I still dont think that the Prince Of Persia games have to be in competition with God Of War games to be successful. Anyways if they ever do make a new Prince Of Persia game then they should include voice acting in Farsi language which would be very sweet.

Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts

I have no doubt that they will make more PoP games

thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 thattotally
Member since 2008 • 3842 Posts

I wasn't aware that Prince of Persia and God of War were competing with each other...I mean you could have at least said Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia... but GoW?

I guess I wouldn't mind another game. Sure I could list out many annoyances and quirks from the 5 games that I've played, but they were still okay. I like the acrobatic animations and "platforming" of the series.

Maybe we'll see a sequel to that 2008 game sometime. I mean it's only 2011 now, way too early to determine.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
I don't think the two franchises have that much in common. PoP is basically a platformer with some combat thrown in; much different than GoW.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

I don't think the two franchises have that much in common. PoP is basically a platformer with some combat thrown in; much different than GoW.muthsera666

I've played through God Of War 1 and 2 and I'd like to think there was a good mix of platform, puzzles, and combat. In the latest Prince game that I've played, which was The Forgetton Sands, there was more of an emphasis on platforming and less on puzzles and combat. I think both have their own strengths and weaknesses and yet, both series are different from each other in many ways while being similiar in many ways too.

ladycroft142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 ladycroft142
Member since 2007 • 72 Posts

I doubt the success of the God of War franchise would be the reason for them to call a halt on Prince of Persia. The last two games were seriously disappointing and it caused me, as well as many others I'm sure, to lose love for the franchise. That said the Sands of Time trilogy was amazing and if they could produce a title to that quality I'm sure the series could reclaim it's former glory and continue well into the future.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
since 2003, ubisoft has been publishing about 1 PoP game a year. it would be rather sudden to just stop now.
vadicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#8 vadicta
Member since 2007 • 4354 Posts

I really enjoyed the Forgotten Sands, but not many other people did.

The 2008 game was atrocious, though. I don't know what they were thinking with that horrid combat, lame bosses and uninteresting platforming. I really cannot say that I'm looking for them to make another.

But the team behind the PoP games are making the Assassin's Creed series, so I doubt they have time to work anything else in. I might be interested in a new PoP if it didn't conture where 2008 left off and was made by a new team, though :)