Will I miss out?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wii4Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Wii4Fun
Member since 2008 • 1472 Posts

I was saving for a Wii, but then seeing how hard my parents had to work to save to keep me in college...I decided to stop saving and maybe just buy PS2 games for a PS2 someone gave me. But i feel like I am missing out on this gen, should I continue saving or just wait till next gen when I'll probably start working to get into gaming?

Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

That is really up to you. I can tell you what I would do. Save up a bit more money, buy a Wii, and for now only get a couple of games. It's actually quite worth it. The games are good.

NCsmallCHILDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NCsmallCHILDS
Member since 2010 • 790 Posts

Get xbox 360 ps3 or PC

Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Ravirr
Member since 2004 • 7931 Posts

Get xbox 360 ps3 or PC

NCsmallCHILDS

yeah since he hcan't even afford a wii yet he is going to save a 1k for a pc. SIgh

I'm not really sure i understand whats going on. You are saving for a wii, but your parents are paying for your college, and you feel guilty. So instead of a wii you are going to buy ps2 games. How does ps2 games make you feel less guilty?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44638 Posts
I'd just keep saving up for an Xbox 360 and PS3, I mean you can miss out on the Wii for the most part, and the PS2 is a great system but games are getting harder to find, at least in my area GameStop's are now getting rid of the last of their used PS2 games, good PS2 games are more rare and costing more because of that, PS3 and Xbox 360 games are more current, still many great games in the $20 range, since you're low on cash free PSN may be more worth it, I personally like the Xbox 360 better but I'm willing and able to pay for XBL either way, you can pass on the Wii, the PS2 has lots of good games, as do the Xbox 360 and PS3, so you can't go wrong with those, if you want to play online games the newer systems offer that, if you're fine with offline then stick with the PS2 a bit longer, after all many of the games on the new systems had origins on the Xbox/PS2
mariomaster16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#6 mariomaster16
Member since 2008 • 762 Posts

overall the xbox and PS3 havea lot more hardcore games. but that doesn't mean the Wii is a bad system for our age group. (i say "our"because i'm also in college.) There's plenty of good games out and many more coming. For starters theres MH Tri, Red Steel, RE 4, and Super Smash Bros. all of which are quality games. the metroid series is also worth looking into.

The graphics may not be as good, but the online is free, there's quite a few, affordable downloadable games too. the Wii is a worthwhile system, though if you're looking for street cred, it might not be a good choice. It's not popular amongst hardcore gamers, but I, for onelike nintendo just as much as sony.

BeyondPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 BeyondPain
Member since 2008 • 762 Posts
The market is getting to the point where you can buy almost any console and some great games for not all that much (for a console anyway). Buy what you're into and based that on how often you'll game.
dabest2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dabest2500
Member since 2010 • 2575 Posts
I never really liked the Wii. It was great for the first 2 weeks then I just go bored of it and played PS3.
Wii4Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Wii4Fun

Well...I guess I'll continue saving. Thank you.

xxxDirtyJoexxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 xxxDirtyJoexxx
Member since 2009 • 559 Posts

Don't get Wii its not worth the money, you will be better off playing PS2(same graphics), and if you really want to play Wii games get Dolphin.

Wii is not the next gen console, so you will miss out if you get it. Get PS3 or xBox360 the real consoles, but since you are on a budget get a good PC.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
[QUOTE="dabest2500"]I never really liked the Wii. It was great for the first 2 weeks then I just go bored of it and played PS3.

This, though nobody would agree, i would just cut back on school :lol:
GLove093093

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GLove093093
Member since 2010 • 57 Posts
Set aside a little money for the Wii and then keep some for school. That way you can eventually have one but still help with school.
Wii4Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Wii4Fun

Don't get Wii its not worth the money, you will be better off playing PS2(same graphics), and if you really want to play Wii games get Dolphin.

Wii is not the next gen console, so you will miss out if you get it. Get PS3 or xBox360 the real consoles, but since you are on a budget get a good PC.

xxxDirtyJoexxx

There are more games on Wii that I want than there are on PS3/360, so it's worth it for me. i never cared much for graphics. Plus where I live, Wii cost 4 times more what it cost in America, so imagine the price of a PS3 and 360. My sucky PC can't handle dolphin.