Why is the Xbox GTA trilogy so much more $ than the PS2 version?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mister_Mackey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mister_Mackey
Member since 2011 • 384 Posts

On Amazon, the PS2 version is $20 and the Xbox version is $200. Why such a difference?

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#2 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

On Amazon, the PS2 version is $20 and the Xbox version is $200. Why such a difference?

Mister_Mackey
Because everything is better on Xbox. Duh.
23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

Because it's probably rare and hard to find.

CRS98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 CRS98
Member since 2004 • 9036 Posts
Probably a glitch.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

It is not worth $200, not even close. Greedy morons on Amazon love to post out of print video games for ridiculously high prices while the same games are going for a fraction of that price everywhere else. I just checked the completed listings on Ebay for GTA Trilogy and it goes for about $50, not $200. Yes it is valuable for an XBOX game, but people on Amazon are just greedy morons if they think it's worth $200. But to answer you question, it probably has to do with the fact that the XBOX version had a shorter and more limited print run. I know it didn't sell as much because PS2 was the system of choice for GTA back in the day.

lloveLamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lloveLamp
Member since 2009 • 2891 Posts
because microsoft is evil. thats why
HAMMERCLAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 HAMMERCLAW
Member since 2011 • 55 Posts

The xbox version of the GTA games are ports of the enhanced computer versions with better graphics and draw distances. If all you want to do is play the games, used individual copies of each game can be had, relatively cheap.

Mister_Mackey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mister_Mackey
Member since 2011 • 384 Posts

It is not worth $200, not even close. Greedy morons on Amazon love to post out of print video games for ridiculously high prices while the same games are going for a fraction of that price everywhere else. I just checked the completed listings on Ebay for GTA Trilogy and it goes for about $50, not $200. Yes it is valuable for an XBOX game, but people on Amazon are just greedy morons if they think it's worth $200. But to answer you question, it probably has to do with the fact that the XBOX version had a shorter and more limited print run. I know it didn't sell as much because PS2 was the system of choice for GTA back in the day.

Shenmue_Jehuty
I couldn't find any new copies on eBay though.