Why do some ppl get so angry in games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LiangHu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By LiangHu
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I have been playing video games since almost 10 years.

And during this time I have received tons of hatemails ( most ppl have seen

the tons of hatemails Ive been receiving in IGAU or SSF4 ) and angry voice chat msgs

in all kind of games just because I am always playing to win and use the characters I like,

but I have never seen a player this angry before like this guy.

I dont get why some ppl get this angry. For some ppl its really difficult to just say GG.

It's just a game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG7dYPaN9Eg

DavidSchmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 DavidSchmidt
Member since 2013 • 50 Posts

People are just really competitive just like if they were playing any game football, basketball, etc. People want to win period or at least have a chance. Now there is a point where it just gets ridiculous and people do need to calm down, but it mainly happens because people feel like they get cheated.

Just think about a time you played a game, like if you've played a fighting game and your opponent just starts destroying you and you cant even move. Just think were you upset that you lost? Or that you feel like you didn't even have a chance.

In my opinion people should be a little less angry when it comes to games, Because games should be fun! But when you feel like you didn't even have a chance at winning it feels like the extreme opposite of fun and it leads to a lot of frustration. Some people just take it to an extreme level of anger which is unfortunate.

Zelda99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 Zelda99
Member since 2004 • 770 Posts

I don't know about others, but only one game makes me uncontrollably upset, and that game is Halo. I have been playing Halo since Combat Evolved and i consider myself really, really good in the game. Because of this, when i start to get murked in a match, i get extremely tense and start to blame the game for my mistakes or the other teams success. I start to tell myself that i am too good in this game to be losing or getting destroyed and every missed shot becomes a wasted opportunity and the reason i lose. I attribute why I get angry in games is the cemented and embedded belief that i should be good enough to stand with anyone, even though i know i am not. Video games temporarily caused me to lose my rational senses in a heated match, but that's just me.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#4 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I guess people are concerned about things other than playing any particular game and enjoying it while doing so.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@lianghu said:

I have been playing video games since almost 10 years.

And during this time I have received tons of hatemails ( most ppl have seen

the tons of hatemails Ive been receiving in IGAU or SSF4 ) and angry voice chat msgs

in all kind of games just because I am always playing to win and use the characters I like,

but I have never seen a player this angry before like this guy.

I dont get why some ppl get this angry. For some ppl its really difficult to just say GG.

It's just a game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG7dYPaN9Eg

You mean kids get angry and yes someone around 20 is still a kid.

But in the its the internet and some just dont care what they say because they are behind a screen.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

People in general just seem to be more angry these days.

RadioGooGoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RadioGooGoo
Member since 2007 • 253 Posts

@Zen_Light: I dunno. They've never really had much of an opportunity to sit anonymously and play competitively against other people. Competition is competition, and will incite anger when things don't go well. Happens in single player games too.

It's a bit like how Facebook comment section lessen the amount of trolling (though not completely). People are pretty carefree with anonymity.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

People are sore losers

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

I've gotten many hate messages sent to me in my time...and I've always responded to them with "I love you". That really pisses them off. lol

I get angry at games too from time to time and I'm still a firm believer in the fact that some games are rigged. I've seen things that seem almost impossible when playing multiplayer and never in my favor. Whether it's lag or a glitch I don't know. But when it happens, it infuriates me!

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

Because some people take things too seriously.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

I doubt that it has to do anything with games really. People like that are probably short-tempered in their daily lives as well. And owing to the anonymity of the internet, they can now freely express themselves without fear for serious and actual repercussions.

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

Because I'm better than they are.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

A lot of people use games as a way of relieving stress, but obviously when they are losing it has the opposite effect. They become more stressed and angry which affects their ability to play the game, which backs around to making them more stressed and angry and it's a constant vicious cycle

touchscreenpad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 touchscreenpad
Member since 2013 • 220 Posts

Maybe you've just been around angry players a lot or what spike6958 just said...

I'm stressed with online PVP sometimes, that's why when I play PVP now, I brace myself for potential rage from spammers, QQers or those that complain a lot, laggers and hackers.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@RadioGooGoo: Competition is competition, and will incite anger when things don't go well. Happens in single player games too.

And Co-op. It's so pitiful watching someone lose their shit during a raid. And it's not even necessarily a failure, but maybe an agro mistake or using a rotation/skill set other than the flavor of the month.

It gets so I'm playing in pick-up-groups and people are apologizing to me for them having to learn the area. No need. That's what I hate. Even if you manage to avoid the ragers, their effects are still felt when people don't ask for advice or admit they don't know how to do something because they're afraid someone is going to yell at them through the internet. Because that is what usually happens.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

i only get angry when dying is a boss fight in Demon Souls/Dark Souls

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#18  Edited By jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

It's the fault of the game makers. Like, when they put in tools for weak players, people end up using them. You could reduce some anger by allowing more customization in online MP. I want to punch every loser who has to use heartbeat sensor/target finder/tracker in a CoD game. Grow up and find your enemies by yourself. Who wouldn't be furious over having a great sniping spot where they're nearly invisible and then some loser glows you up with a tracker?

Simplest thing is not to put in baby stuff so people have to be big boys.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17675 Posts

Simple. Because they're losing, can't admit the inadequacy lay on their side, so they project it onto others. These people are nothing but cowards. Strip autonomy and the safety they have sitting in front of their screen away and they're your best friend or at the very least will keep their mouth shut.

And I think that guy said the C word far more than ****. People are idiots TC, I wouldn't even let it bother you. It's obvious that guy had the maturity (and vocabulary) of an 8 year old.