Who wants the Werewolf: The Apocalypse game to have custom lycanthropes? Or Earthblood 2?

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 501 Posts

I know I do.

World of Darkness is a 20+ year old cult RPG setting and you get to create your own monster, mystic, or bounty hunter character. Now, from what I know about the new console game you're a Fianna lycan named Cahal. Meh :/

If there's anything that can be said, it's that this should follow Watch Dogs or Bloodlines and let you choose your character. As in create your own lycan. That's what WoD has always been about, but I'm just hoping in this game or the next I can get to be a Glasswalker or Silent Strider.

Any thoughts? This should've been the basis from the beginning but oh well. I suppose Earthblood 2 will implement custom protags.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

i didn't know about this, so thanks for pointing it out.

from what I remember of the material, and it hasn't been since the 90s that I messed around with any of it, there are clans, much like the Masquerade and I seem to recall there being some people that were kind of stuck in a half wolf/half human state and there being the possibility for lycanthropy to go both ways so that your "natural" state was actually a wolf rather than a human.

I just mention this because so much of the interesting RPGing in Bloodlines came from being a Malkavian or a Nosferatu and there being some element of your nature that you could not hide because of it, so the game kind of became a very different thing while playing as those clans. It would be a shame if the werewolf side of things had the same potential and it went unused.

Looking at the wiki, it does seem you're clan locked but also sounds like you've been casted out, so maybe there will be some flexibility. Still, sounds interesting, and yes, character creation should be a standard for all RPGs in any setting. If I have to play as your character, how is your game more of an RPG than any other game?

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3 sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 501 Posts

@Ish_basic: Amen. I'm sure Cahal will have hella character development and backstory, but it's a lot of the time more important RPG-wise you can be an elf, gangsta, werewolf, or whoever else of your image from scratch. It's just more fun, and with Bloodlines 2 coming out I'm hoping an Earthblood sequel can take notes on how you can be your own vamp.

My fave group from V:TM is the Brujah btw. Werewolf-wise it's the Glasswalkers! :) They're the tech-savvy lycans.

Avatar image for gettingonwithgaminglife
GettingonwithGamingLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GettingonwithGamingLife
Member since 2017 • 277 Posts

If it's based off a tabletop it should let you tell your own.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

I would probably go with Toreador or Ventrue. I don't remember much lore from the wolf side, but I wouldn't mind playing a Bagheera, which, yes is technically a werecat.