Who is the best game developer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 giyanks22
Member since 2007 • 209 Posts

Who are the two best Developers out of these choices and why???

I definitely have to choose Blizzard. Every single game they have made has been incredibly successful. Starcraft changed the entire RTS genre. WOW is the best MMORPG (but we haven't seen the "KOTOR 3" MMORPG). Starcraft II will be one the of most financially successful games ever, and will rival Halo 3's sales.

You might be suprised with my second. Sid Meries. You are probably cussing at me right now, but hear me through. Every single Civilization game since Civ 1 (not including expansions), has won game of the year. The last Civ IV Expansion pack Beyond the Sword is incredible, and I still play it today. I just got CIV Revolution, and it is groundbreaking for Turn Based Strategys on Consoles. I have to say Sid Meries, if every game has been Game of the Year.

(Not in any Order)

1. Blizzard

2. Infinity Ward

3. Epic Games

4. Bungie

5. Lucasarts

6. Sid Meries

7. Bioware

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Bulldog19892
Member since 2005 • 3520 Posts
It's between Capcom, and Valve for me.
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
I enjoy Blizzard's games the most along with Bungie. Bioware is alright too. Now that Blizzard and Activision are together now though, they're like a gaming monster. I think they're the strongest developer at the moment.
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 giyanks22

Yeah I agree with that. They are a force to be reckoned with

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

I definitely have to choose Blizzard. Every single game they have made has been incredibly successful. Starcraft changed the entire RTS genre. WOW is the best MMORPG (but we haven't seen the "KOTOR 3" MMORPG). Starcraft II will be one the of most financially successful games ever, and will rival Halo 3's sales.

You might be suprised with my second. Sid Meries. You are probably cussing at me right now, but hear me through. Every single Civilization game since Civ 1 (not including expansions), has won game of the year. The last Civ IV Expansion pack Beyond the Sword is incredible, and I still play it today. I just got CIV Revolution, and it is groundbreaking for Turn Based Strategys on Consoles. I have to say Sid Meries, if every game has been Game of the Year.

(Not in any Order)

1. Blizzard

2. Infinity Ward

3. Epic Games

4. Bungie

5. Lucasarts

6. Sid Meries

7. Bioware

giyanks22

IMO IW doesn't deserve to be on that list. Also, Lucas Arts certainly doesn't deserve to be on that list unless we're talking about pre-2000 LA back when they made mostly adventure games and were hesitant to produce anything based on Star Wars.

Anyway, my list would probably go something like Capcom, Valve, and Nintendo (at least pre-Wii Nintendo).

caje47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 caje47
Member since 2005 • 2298 Posts
In my opinion, Sid Meier (Firaxis). They haven't made a game I haven't liked.
EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
I would say Blizzard also, but they don't have enough variety these days. Action RPG, RTS, Action RPG, RTS, RTS, MMO, Action RPG, RTS.
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 giyanks22
Blizzard Games take forever to make, because they have to make sure it is the most enjoyable expierience out there. Name one Blizzard game that hasn't been a hit? Diablo, Warcraft, Starcraft. All of them have been huge hits
In_Vino_Verita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 In_Vino_Verita
Member since 2007 • 1702 Posts
Sierra, Valve, Gearbox
Devourment423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Devourment423
Member since 2005 • 2163 Posts
Naughty Dog. I'm an Uncharted fanboy so I don't think my vote counts really.
Master_Baytur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Master_Baytur
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Some of Squares teams, Rockstar north, Insomniac, Kojima's dev team, sony santa monica, bioware, Team Ico, infinity ward and lots of others.

I don't think you can say there's one clear cut best dev out there, lots of great ones for different genres

arachosia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 arachosia
Member since 2003 • 1647 Posts
Out of that limited list, I'd go with Bungie. But if I could choose from all developers, probably Capcom as they have been consistently putting out great games ever since 1985 or so. They have a ton of experience making games and have developed a large number of original IPs.
skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts

(Not in any Order)

1. Blizzard

2. Infinity Ward

3. Epic Games

4. Bungie

5. Lucasarts

6. Sid Meries

7. Bioware

giyanks22

LOL! I only know #1 and #5! Never heard of the rest! No Capcom, Konami, Rockstar, EA, SCEA, etc?

AnotherKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 AnotherKill
Member since 2007 • 1341 Posts
vALVE or Blizzard
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gameguy6700
[QUOTE="giyanks22"]

(Not in any Order)

1. Blizzard

2. Infinity Ward

3. Epic Games

4. Bungie

5. Lucasarts

6. Sid Meries

7. Bioware

skp_16

LOL! I only know #1 and #5! Never heard of the rest! No Capcom, Konami, Rockstar, EA, SCEA, etc?

Infinity Ward: Makers of Call of Duty games and nothing else

Epic Games: Unreal Tournament, Gears of War

Bungie: Marathon and Halo

Side Meier/Firaxis: Civilization, Alpha Centauri, Pirates!

Bioware: Neverwinter Nights, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Mass Effect

skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 skp_16
[QUOTE="skp_16"][QUOTE="giyanks22"]

(Not in any Order)

1. Blizzard

2. Infinity Ward

3. Epic Games

4. Bungie

5. Lucasarts

6. Sid Meries

7. Bioware

gameguy6700

Bioware: Neverwinter Nights, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Mass Effect

Oh, I see. PC games! I'm not a PC gamer. Hehe! Never heard of Marathon, Alpha Centauri, Pirates!, and Jade Empire.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
SEGA-AM-2. It's the team behind the Virtua Fighter, Virtua Cop, OutRun, After Burner, Ghost Squad, Sword of Vermillion, Daytona USA, and Shenmue series.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 atejas
Member since 2008 • 520 Posts

vALVE or BlizzardAnotherKill

This.

burock76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 burock76
Member since 2008 • 1220 Posts
Konami, Capcom, Ubisoft
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Capcom, Blizzard, Bioware, Valve, id and a few others are my personal favorites. But Capcom I think deserves the numero uno spot.
Avatar image for TheLegendKnight
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 TheLegendKnight
Member since 2007 • 1853 Posts

though Blizzard makes succesful games they make them by using others' ideas, they did nothing new, nothing. though i still like them because they use those ideas good and make succesful games

Sid Meier's is already a Name. he doesnt need proof for simple players anymore. how many name do you know that is written a game's title like Sid Meier's Gettysburg, Sid Meier's Pirates! etc. he is THE developer, anyone tries to deny that is just ignorant.

however those developers are not exactly my favorite, they just release few games once in a while. my favorite is Konami which has great names in its library with the best series, Metal Gear Solid, along with Castlevania, Gradius, Cobra, Silent Hill, Suikoden, PES ( Winning Eleven ) series. simply, whatever they do, they do it great.

also my second favorite is Lucas Arts, another old company which brought us many great games. not only creators of Star Wars, also great adventure game makers like Maniac Mansion, Monkey Island, Day of Tentacle, Grim Fandango. Though I was not fan of Star Wars before KotOR, Lucas Arts were one of my favorite companies since I played Monkey Island on Amiga.

Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#23 Sharvie
Member since 2006 • 8895 Posts
I've always been a huge Blizzard fan. I still play Starcraft today which says something about the games they make. I also have a soft spot for Valve as a developer.
linklb4130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 linklb4130
Member since 2003 • 1737 Posts
Bungie
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 giyanks22
[QUOTE="gameguy6700"][QUOTE="skp_16"][QUOTE="giyanks22"]

(Not in any Order)

1. Blizzard

2. Infinity Ward

3. Epic Games

4. Bungie

5. Lucasarts

6. Sid Meries

7. Bioware

skp_16

Oh, I see. PC games! I'm not a PC gamer. Hehe! Never heard of Marathon, Alpha Centauri, Pirates!, and Jade Empire.

You've never heard of Halo???

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 giyanks22

Though I was not fan of Star Wars before KotOR, Lucas Arts were one of my favorite companies since I played Monkey Island on Amiga.

TheLegendKnight

I loved Monkey Island!!!

GFahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 GFahim
Member since 2006 • 798 Posts
High Voltage software :P
skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 skp_16
[QUOTE="skp_16"][QUOTE="gameguy6700"][QUOTE="skp_16"][QUOTE="giyanks22"]

(Not in any Order)

1. Blizzard

2. Infinity Ward

3. Epic Games

4. Bungie

5. Lucasarts

6. Sid Meries

7. Bioware

giyanks22

You've never heard of Halo???

Of course I know Halo! Marathon, Alpha Centauri, Pirates!, and Jade Empire are the ones that I never heard.

Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts

I sort of hate these threads because I see well respected posters act like they know nothing about games. Seriously, there are a lot of teams at Capcom/Ubisoft/EA or wherever. Which ONE?

Sid Meier is a great choice, but my personal favorite is Team Ico. Their games just don't seem to be able to be replicated. I mean, it's been I think 7 years since the release of Ico and I haven't found another game with such a logical world to navigate through.

AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#30 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

Capcom by a clear mile. They make awesome games I mean Street Fighter, Devil May Cry, Dead Rising, Resident Evil, Lost Planet, Breath of Fire, Onimusha etc. They are also a great publisher picking up titles like Dark Void, love them.

To be fair though there are alot of great developers, Capcoms studios just stand out for me.

valttu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 valttu
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts
Infinity Ward, Gearbox, Ubisoft, Bungie
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gameguy6700
[QUOTE="gameguy6700"][QUOTE="skp_16"][QUOTE="giyanks22"]

(Not in any Order)

1. Blizzard

2. Infinity Ward

3. Epic Games

4. Bungie

5. Lucasarts

6. Sid Meries

7. Bioware

skp_16

Jade Empire = Xbox game

With the exception of Firaxis all of those developers have released their games on consoles as well as PC.

InterpolWilco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 InterpolWilco
Member since 2005 • 2487 Posts

SEGA-AM-2. It's the team behind the Virtua Fighter, Virtua Cop, OutRun, After Burner, Ghost Squad, Sword of Vermillion, Daytona USA, and Shenmue series.famicommander

This and Capcom

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts
My favorite is Bethesda. Infinity Ward and Bioware are up there too.
SciFiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 SciFiCat
Member since 2006 • 1750 Posts
Before this E3 I would have said Nintendo, but after it, I'm gonna say Valve.
Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#36 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts

I whould count Mistwalker to it...their (2) games didn´t get the best reviews in the western regions,but who loves JRPGs gets exactly what he wants.They both got one plus most games are lacking: Gameplay.And the gameplay remains great from the beginning to the end without real downs.

...and AM2 of course...without them gaming whouldn´t be the same.Capcom and Konami also do a good job since countless years.I personally couln´t find oustanding gameplay while playing H-L 1+2 so I whouldn´t give Valve respect.Blizzard on the other hand made maybe some of the mst outstanding PC-series ever.