Which NHL game is worth it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jo540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By jo540
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I'm wondering if NHL 14 is bigger and better than any of the last 2 previous games, I've read a couple reviews but they're completely split some say its the same recycled game as 12 and 13 and other says it's a completely new game. I personally just want to try the career mode. Does anyone know if it's worth the money or is it better to spend half as much for the older game(s)?

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

It's way better than 13 I can tell you that. The hitting/collision physics are much better. Stick lift is still hard to use like in 13 and it's way easier to get penalties with it than in 12.

I'd honestly say that 14 is my favorite since 09, but I primarily play online or with friends offline.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

NHL 14 is better, but I wouldn't say it's 'bigger'...it's an EA game, so that says enough. You'll have fun with 13, so it's really up to you whether you want a few nice features and updated rosters with the new version.

I'd just get 14, or 96...haha, that's the best one ever made anyway

Lassiter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Lassiter88
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@Blueresident87 said:

NHL 14 is better, but I wouldn't say it's 'bigger'...it's an EA game, so that says enough. You'll have fun with 13, so it's really up to you whether you want a few nice features and updated rosters with the new version.

I'd just get 14, or 96...haha, that's the best one ever made anyway

Couldn't agree with this more. 14 really is the best game outside the nostalgic/revolutionary value of 96 (although I echo the comment about it not necessarily being "bigger"), although it's not a substantial upgrade to 13. For example, the "Live the Life" post-game interview feature, while cute, is useless after completing one season.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Nhl 14 is the best hockey game on the market right now.