Which is a larger game, FF11 or WoW? Personal prefrence aside..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Nevar-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -Nevar-
Member since 2005 • 1216 Posts

WoW is amazingly popular, it's actually hard to find someone these days who do not play it. But FF11, acording to Gamespot, with all 3 expansion packs is one huge, huge, gigantic world.

Which is larger?

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#3 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts
It's difficult to compare the size of the two.  WoW must most of the world zoneless while FF is zoned, and lots of WoW is held in instances, while FF is pretty much devoid of instances (it has some but they are generally quite small).  Overall, I must say FF feels larger to me although I couldn't say if actually game area is indeed larger.
hellraiser6669

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 hellraiser6669
Member since 2006 • 727 Posts

Both games are large. However FFXI has the three expansions adding more areas, and a fourth expansion due out Winter 2007. I've seen more of WOW than I have of FFXI so far, but even from what I have seen of FFXI, it seems alot bigger than WOW. Population wise, yes WOW kills FFXI. I would put most of that due to the easy to use player interface, and the fact that you can solo alot of the game, whereas in FFXI you have to party alot, which makes sense since its an MMORPG. I play both, but prefer FFXI.

On another note, since it seems like your considering which one to play, You can purchase FFXI with all three expansions for $19.99, in the Final Fantasy XI Online Vana'Diel Collection 2007. Whereas to get WOW and TBC expansion, your still paying $60.

319ni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 319ni
Member since 2005 • 1159 Posts

ffxi is massive BUT no matter where you are there are akways people there,  i played ffxi for 2 years (75nin 75pld 37whm 20 csr)

i really enjoyed it but its really hard work, whereas wow seems a lot and i mean a lot more user friendly.

ffxi jobs really do feel like jobs, youve gotta devote a huge amount of time to it but im guessing wow is bigger simply because its much newer 

AHLERS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 AHLERS
Member since 2007 • 68 Posts
If you mean larger 'in-game' area..How can there be personal preference?