Where is the Conflict: Denied Ops Review by Gamespot? Uh oh...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Koal_Jadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Koal_Jadian
Member since 2003 • 152 Posts

The newest game in the Conflict series, Denied Ops is the 5th in the series famous for its 4-player co-operative splitscreen game. Yet this newest "Next-gen" addition to the series does not feature 4-player co-op...wait..how does that work? How does the NEWEST game for the NEXT GEN have less features than ALL FOUR of its predecessors? I'm so confused, why do I want to play all the older ones more than the newest one? Why can I NOT play the newest one on my X-box 360 (which has 4 controller slots by the way, i dunno about yours) with my 3 gaming buds?

More importantly, Why has Gamespot not reviewed this game yet? Newer games have come out and been reviewed, but not this. Will this game be reviewed?

-----Eidos----

what? Eidos...what does that have to do with anything. Eidos is responsible for this game...as they were the very controversial Kane and Lynch game...a game which reviewed by this site possibly ended advertising revenue and possible ended a certain editor's job here.

Because Conflict: Denied ops is such a poor game, a game that ruined the series and took out the only feature making it worthy of playing, is Gamespot refusing/delaying or afraid to review this game? Are they afraid of more conflict (no punn intended) with Eidos..perhaps losing ad revenue some more? The users have been voting away, giving this game around a 5 on PC and consoles. When Will Gamespot Review this Game?Why the Delay? And What score will it get?

this is quite the test for Gamespot

Avatar image for deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
Member since 2005 • 7040 Posts
I played the demo, and was not impressed. There's a ton of better shooters out there IMO. This one felt dated and generic.
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

I'm with Edge. That demo was just terrible.

I honestly don't care who reviews it, because my mind is already made up: To avoid the game at all costs.

Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts

I havn't played a Conflict game since Desert Storm 2: Back to Bagdhad. The 4 player co-op was what made it worthwhile. Balling at my buddy to blow up the tank while it's barrel was slowly turning my way. Arguing over who got what possition in the jeep. All four of us sniping and arguing over who had to run up ahead and flush the enemies out for the rest of us..... Good times.

Without that feature there is really no reason what-so-ever for me to buy or even rent this game. This gen sucks for split screen. Halo 3 and COD 3 are good for split screen multiplayer (on and offline), but split screen champaign is going the way of the dodo it seems.

Foolio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 Foolio1
Member since 2003 • 7467 Posts
The scores on GameRankings for it are terrible. Seems like it's one to avoid. GameSpot will likely score it in a similar way.