Whats better Rock Band 2 or Guitar Hero : World Tour ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vanine_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Vanine_28
Member since 2007 • 572 Posts

I Know there both good in there own right. I just want some help picking the right one. I hear you can make your own music in Guitar hero World tour. If thats true is it any good?

What are the pros and cons of them?

Thanks all.. any helps much appriated.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
What you should do is look at the track lists and see which one you like more. For me it's an easy victory for Rock Band 2.
CRS98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CRS98
Member since 2004 • 9036 Posts
I have GH:WT, but I wanna say Rock Band 2 is better according to reviews.
67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
I have both and really, they're both great in their own ways... the GH instruments feel a little more... solid... a bit more refined... but RB2 has, arguably, the better song list... GH's 'recording studio' is un-impressive...
Nerd_boy217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Nerd_boy217
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Due to the fact i like tradition, i would have to say Guitar hero. Rock band is cool, but guitar hero is the game to get friends round and have a laugh.

I also thing introducing more than just the guitar was daft. Guitar hero is fun, adding other instruments overcomplicated what was already a fun, easy going game.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts

Due to the fact i like tradition, i would have to say Guitar hero. Rock band is cool, but guitar hero is the game to get friends round and have a laugh.

I also thing introducing more than just the guitar was daft. Guitar hero is fun, adding other instruments overcomplicated what was already a fun, easy going game.

Nerd_boy217
If you like tradition, you should be going with Rock Band. Guitar Hero is a massive milk machine for Activision. Harmonix is the developer behind both the original Guitar Hero and Rock Band.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#7 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
From experience, I played both a lot and I say Rock Band 2 is superior Playing World Tour at my friends house was pretty lame, Rock Band 2 was just rock.
HardQuor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 HardQuor
Member since 2007 • 1282 Posts
for me, RB2 has a more rounded tracklist, while GHWT has way more standout tracks (Tool and Sweet Home Alabama ftw!), but a lot of their filler tracks are just terrible (Eye of the Tiger? seriously?), where RB2 doesn't really have anything that cringe-worthy.
Vanine_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Vanine_28
Member since 2007 • 572 Posts

It looks like theres alot im gonna have to look up. The guy at EB told me he's played both and swares that Rock Bands the way to go.

He also says that Rock Bands alot harder then GH and that its a good thing.

Why would Rock Band be harder thow? Is there any truth to this?

If the game is harder to me thats a bonus. Im still going to keep looking for more input from you guys. I have always found going to the game community is better then relying on the reviews.

Thanks for responding, the help is really appreciated, cause both games have one thing in common, they cost a fortune and i really wanna get the best value for my money.

FinalFantasy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 FinalFantasy84
Member since 2006 • 39 Posts
Guitar Hero has better instruments, Rock Band has more songs (downloadable anyways).
TheMattShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 TheMattShow

While I am a day behind in my reply, I'm going to go with Rock Band 2. While I think a little more work needs to be done with the peripherals on the harmonix end, I found it hard to support GH:WT. Announced shortly after RB2, including several of the same bands, I just felt like the GH crew were jumping onto the bandwagon in order to make a few bucks (With a side glance to you, Konami!)

On top of that, recently Activision has been releasing the same game over and over since the days of Guitar Hero 2. Rock's the 80s had a few new songs and character designs, but was essentially GH2. GH3 improved a little, but also added a ton of skank to the game, making it less "family friendly" (I don't need anyone's kids getting to the encore song only to see stripper poles drop and bikini clad devil women dancing) GH: Aerosmith is a load of crap, run entirely on GH3 with no new additions. I assume Metallica's GH will only be World Tour again.

So in conclusion, Rock Band for the win as they seem to at least TRY to improve with each iteration.

P.S. Anyone who questions me on the ACDC disc can know that all those tracks can be added to Rock Band 2 and therefore stands differently than Rocks the 80s or Aerosmith.

TheMattShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 TheMattShow

for me, RB2 has a more rounded tracklist, while GHWT has way more standout tracks (Tool and Sweet Home Alabama ftw!), but a lot of their filler tracks are just terrible (Eye of the Tiger? seriously?), where RB2 doesn't really have anything that cringe-worthy.HardQuor
...except for Eye of the Tiger...

Avatar image for beastofeast1416
beastofeast1416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 beastofeast1416
Member since 2008 • 75 Posts
Guitar hero by far has the way better instruments, the drums are more fun to play, but the big difference is in the guitars, i really wanted to buy rock band last year but i couldnt stand the guitar for it, guitar hero has the better instruments hands down. The songs are up to u to decide but they both have good songs, one problem that i have had with guitar hero is that it is hard to get in an online game, but the game is more fun when u have people over to play anyway.