What would you like to know about the next gen systems in the upcoming months

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Baroni88 (340 posts) -

I have an XBOX 360 slim and a PS3 slim. I really need to know if A) there is backwards compatibility, and B) If we can transfer our downloaded full games to the next gen system. Please lord, let this be possible. I KNOW that they stopped supporting original XBOX games on 360 but this would be SO convenient for gamers to be able to put their old 360 system aside and play all their games on the new systems.

What do you guys think, and what would you like to see?

#2 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -
I want to see the controllers, release dates, pricing, and launch lineups. At this point I'm sold on the PS4, so I just want to know the details.
#3 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

I want to know release dates, price, launch lineup, and if the systems are really going to be blocking used games (I doubt it but I want to know for sure).

#4 Posted by Archangel3371 (15345 posts) -
Specs, controllers, price, release dates, online infrastructure, various applications the systems can use, and of course games. I'm still leaning towards the 720 as the first next gen system that I purchase and as being my primary platform but I do intend to own all three eventually.
#5 Posted by CrimsonBrute (23245 posts) -
I would like them to the dispel rumors (mandatory game installs, blocking used games, etc.) that have been going around.
#6 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -
At this point I'm just hoping Sony makes an announcement that they aren't making the mistakes that Microsoft is rumored to be making. It's kinda interesting how the PS3 is the only console from this generation that I don't have yet the PS4 is the console I'm most optimistic for next gen.
#7 Posted by ESPM400 (95 posts) -
Nothing. Personally, I'd like to see all this speculation bullsh*t come to an end, they'll release specifications when they're good and ready.
#8 Posted by lloveLamp (2890 posts) -
Uncharted 4
#9 Posted by naju890_963 (8954 posts) -

Backwards compatiblity, game distribution and controllers.

#10 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70554 posts) -
Games for them, backward compability, controllers and if there are no used games on them
#11 Posted by spike6958 (4701 posts) -
For PS4, I wanna know EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For 720, just if Epic will continue to make Gears of War games for the platform. Gears is the reason I bought a 360, and will be the biggest factor when it comes to me buying a 720.
#12 Posted by Vickman178 (1035 posts) -

Confirmation that they WON'T be blocking used games and require a constant internet connection to function.

#13 Posted by zombehhhhh (452 posts) -

If consoles will block used games. I don't care all that much about the other stuff, I trust the game companies to represent themselves accurately. But if they don't allow used games, I probably won't purchase them.

#14 Posted by Flubbbs (2955 posts) -

launch titles

#15 Posted by getyeryayasout (7169 posts) -

launch titles

Flubbbs
^This. I'm also curious as to whether my XBLA/PSN games will transfer to new systems, and at what cost, if any.
#16 Posted by ESPM400 (95 posts) -
I have an idea: stop frigging speculating about this crap until an actual system is released. Nothing good has ever come of it and you're all becoming part of the problen, i.e. STFU, and stop posting threads about this crap.
#17 Posted by sukraj (22108 posts) -

Price,controllers,

#18 Posted by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

At this point I just want to see the games. I'm ready to see what the next generation will offer.

#19 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -
I would like them to the dispel rumors (mandatory game installs, blocking used games, etc.) that have been going around.F22_King_Raptor
Definitely this. Hardware doesn't really matter to me if the system is going to implement anti-consumer policies that extreme, though I'm not totally convinced that they'll happen to begin with.
#20 Posted by CRS98 (9036 posts) -
[QUOTE="Flubbbs"]

launch titles

getyeryayasout
^This. I'm also curious as to whether my XBLA/PSN games will transfer to new systems, and at what cost, if any.

Same, I got like over 20 games out of digital. XBLA, Games on Demand, Indie Games, Xbox Originals. I'd hate to not be able to play Jade Empire again (well, I could always get it on Steam, I guess). I'm still pissed that I payed $10 for UMK3 back in '07, and then they stop supporting that, and released a compilation.
#21 Posted by SoNin360 (5336 posts) -
Official specs, price, the hopeful debunking of blocking used games/constant internet rumors, transferring accounts along with downloads, some launch games would be cool, BC (though I doubt it), and controllers.
#22 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18359 posts) -
b/c, using the same profiles, used games, online only, price point, what the systems and controllers look like, release dates and launch lineup.
#23 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

I don't care for BC, but I'm looking for info on storage, media, price, and launch.

#24 Posted by Baroni88 (340 posts) -
I have an idea: stop frigging speculating about this crap until an actual system is released. Nothing good has ever come of it and you're all becoming part of the problen, i.e. STFU, and stop posting threads about this crap.ESPM400
You do realize that this thread is about what we WANT to see. Not what has been rumored. Alright, just checking...
#25 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -

I have an idea: stop frigging speculating about this crap until an actual system is released. Nothing good has ever come of it and you're all becoming part of the problen, i.e. STFU, and stop posting threads about this crap.ESPM400

I think you took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up in the wrong forum. This subforum is dedicated to talking about video games. We are on the brink of a new video game generation.
Therefore, people on this video game forum will probably talk about what they want in new consoles.

brb, I'm gonna go to the Sports Discussion subforum and complain about how they are talking about sports teams