What was your first Final Fanasty and how did you feel about it at the time?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

photokid201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 photokid201
Member since 2007 • 220 Posts

My first FF is FF13; I just bought it for Playstation 3 on Black Friday and I have been hooked ever since I pressed start. I love it! I'm only about 10 hours in and its killing me that I won't be able to play it this week becasue of finals.

What was yours?

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

Final Fantasy 6. I was deeply interested in the FF series due to the universal praise it got so I got FF 6. Sadly, FF 6 was one of the worst games I've ever played. I hated every single thing about the game. It nearly made me quit RPGs altogether. Thankfully, I didn't and I managed to play Chrono Trigger which removed me from that sort of mindset. I then played the amazing FF 7 for the PSX and I understood why this series was so loved.

Reptylus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Reptylus
Member since 2009 • 1875 Posts

If you really had so much fun with the first hours of FF13 (which count to the most boring hours in any FF ever (which doesn't mean FF13 as a whole is boring)) then you're going to have one hell of a happy gaming life.

My first FF was 10. Thought: Meh, playable. The annoying characters turned me off. But it was at least good enough to get me into the FF series so I'm thankful.

alanthreonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 alanthreonus
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts

I think my first was 9 (might've been 8, though), and I loved it. XIII is a good game, but it is nothing compared to 7-10.

superfluidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 superfluidity
Member since 2010 • 2163 Posts

FF1. I was very young and didn't really enjoy it. I barely remember but I think that I stopped playing without getting very far.

Next was FF6, which was a great game. I still have the SNES cartridge.

If FF13 is your first, you really owe it to yourself to play FF7. You could probably pick up a used playstation for 30 bucks or less if you don't have one.

Reptylus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Reptylus
Member since 2009 • 1875 Posts
[QUOTE="superfluidity"] You could probably pick up a used playstation for 30 bucks or less if you don't have one.

He has a PS3, so he doesn't need one.
nottu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nottu
Member since 2010 • 951 Posts
my first was FFVI and I hated it, didn't play another one until FFXII, loved it and decided to play FFX and FFVII. I only got like 14hrs into XIII and got bored
cloudman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cloudman5
Member since 2006 • 81 Posts

The Very First One! I remember reading nintendo power and was blown away at how big the title seemed., Even outdated it was the first one and its like a drug you never get the same experience no matter how good the sequels are. Loved how you progressed then halfway thru you got the grown up versions of your party,. The time aspect of the story also was very well done.. Later refined and used in the Chrono Series. Wish Square still made good game play.

Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#9 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts
FF1. Didn't think it was as good as the Ultima games but it was still solid for it's time. on the level of Dragon Warrior just about.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#10 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
i got my first job in high school and ended up buying a ps2 and then ffx shortly after. my consoles before that had been the sega genesis, n64, and gcn, so i hadnt played a ton of rpg's. i was impressed by the imagination of the world and the act of leveling up was still novel to me (heightened by how fast you can gain levels in ffx). im not nearly as enthusiastic about it now, but i still like it.
blackstace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 blackstace
Member since 2006 • 82 Posts

my first ff was 7, and im goin to b honest, i didnt really like it at first(didnt even make it out of midgar), but i bought ff 9 n LOVED it n beat it, went back to finish 7 after n thought it was second to n64 zeldo OOT.(off topic, mynow fav ff is 12 :P)

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

FFX-2 *runs and hides*

Nawh seriously, i really enjoyed it :P I think everyone has a soft spot for their first FF and in my case i don't mean the ladies XD The battle system was great.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#14 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Final Fantasy. To be honest I didn't think much of it at the time and I never finished it (I spent more time with CRPGs of the time like Ultima). The first Final Fantasy game I completed was FFVI. Fantastic game, great characters, a fun (if overpowered by the end) battle system, and an interesting story. I've since replayed it a couple of times, although the encounter rate of those old JRPGs makes returning to them now kind of painful.
Kvothe_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kvothe_Stark
Member since 2010 • 360 Posts

FFVII and loved it. I still love all the Squaresoft-era Final Fantasy titles (FFVIII being the exception), but ever since FFXII I've just stopped caring for the series. XIII / XIV were pretty much the nail in the coffin for me.

CrankyStorming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 CrankyStorming
Member since 2010 • 223 Posts

My first experience with Final Fantasy was just this year when I downloaded No. 1 from the Wii Shop. It was nothing special, in fact, it was quite badly designed and confusing. I have since got 6 and 9 for PS1 and they are both masterpieces.

Atmanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Atmanix
Member since 2009 • 6927 Posts

Final Fantasy 6. It is still one of my favorite games.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fend_oblivion

Final Fantasy 6. It is still one of my favorite games. I don't know how you can't like it unless it's a graphics thing? Yeah, I'm looking at you Prinny dood.

Atmanix

Dood, it's called an opinion. :P

Not like it unless it's a graphics king? I thought FF 6 was one of the graphic kings of its time with some insanely detailed sprites. Do graphics make a good game? No. I couldn't connect with any of the characters and I wanted to slap Terra on more than one occasion. It wasn't fun to play either.

KillerWabbit23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 KillerWabbit23
Member since 2009 • 3466 Posts

My first FF is FF13; I just bought it for Playstation 3 on Black Friday and I have been hooked ever since I pressed start. I love it! I'm only about 10 hours in and its killing me that I won't be able to play it this week becasue of finals.

photokid201

Welcome to the brotherhood of FF13 fans. We are but a small number, so be forewarned. :P

My first FF was FF5... yeah. Never finished it, but I bought FF3 a few years later and couldn't stop playing it.

cayne_phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 cayne_phoenix
Member since 2002 • 2440 Posts
Final Fantasy 8, it was a demo cd from a computer magazine. at first it was the most annoying game in the world, since i was usually use to just shooting things down. played it again, and literally hooked the 2nd time around and bought the whole game...
Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 Sacif
Member since 2006 • 1830 Posts

The first I started and played to completeion was 7 and I thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread. I had played 6 before 7 but 7 was what really got me into the Final Fantasies.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#22 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
mine was the original and it was great. Got it when it came out. I finished it then tried different teams of classes for added challenges, like trying to finish the game with 4 white mages. Now thats a good time.
daleerin24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#23 daleerin24
Member since 2005 • 911 Posts

mine was the original and it was great. Got it when it came out. I finished it then tried different teams of classes for added challenges, like trying to finish the game with 4 white mages. Now thats a good time.Allicrombie

Mine was also the first , and the same goes for me.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#24 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
My first Final Fantasy was FF9. Now, I've played just about all of them except for 7. Six and Nine are my favorites, 10 had the best battle system but horrible characters, 13 had the worst battle system and story.
tequilero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 tequilero
Member since 2005 • 9333 Posts

Final Fantasy (NES) was the first rpg I played in my life;at first I didn´t liked it cos the characters never move from the same spot,but now the FF are my favorites rpg´s,including this one.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#26 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
VII. From the moment the melody jumped up when Cloud flipped into view, I was in. The game was irritating, at times. I probably didn't like the grinding because I didn't focus much on the materia system. After I did, it was good. The grinding was still annoying, sometimes. All in all, good game.
orion_52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 orion_52
Member since 2008 • 595 Posts

Final Fantasy VII. Even though I had a nes & snes I had never played the earlier ones. I didn't like it. I played it after I played Dragon Force for Sega Saturn...maybe that had something to do with it.

Avatar image for RenegadeRainbow
RenegadeRainbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 RenegadeRainbow
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls for GBA; I was addicted to it for months. :P
pokefan_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 pokefan_10
Member since 2006 • 391 Posts

Final Fantasy X. I was kid when I got it and I thought it was a bit girly and emo. Plus, I find the sequences boring 'cause there's too much talk less action. Overall, I have no idea 'cause I got stuck at beating Seymour.

spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

my first was FFX and i loved it

JadeNic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JadeNic
Member since 2007 • 905 Posts

I got my first Final Fantasy game when my brother moved out and I got his old Super Nintendo.

It was Final Fantasy II (or IV). I was obsessed with that game to the point where my parents were a bit concerned, given that I was 7. I would constantly play through it and then start over again with a new party and strategy. Then one day my older sister got mad at me and threw the cartridge against the wall, and it broke. Forgot about that.

I actually haven't played it since then. Maybe I can convince my sister to buy me it for the DS :P

blaqphantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 blaqphantom
Member since 2010 • 1829 Posts
FFXII only play 30mins and got bored have never thought of trying another FF game probably never will.
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fend_oblivion

FFXII only play 30mins and got bored have never thought of trying another FF game probably never will.blaqphantom

That's a shame because FF 7, 9 and 10 are really great games. FF 12, 13, X-2 (terrible..) and 8 are mostly considered to be the weakest in the series.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

FFVII. I'm in the middle of playing it right now again and I still like it alot.

ubpoker123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ubpoker123
Member since 2007 • 877 Posts

My first Final Fantasy game was Final Fantasy 7, played and beat if for the first time about a year ago. It was a really darn confusing story for me at times. But besides the confusing story it was a great game for me even if it was on the childish side at times. Completely awesome music, great characters, diverse and interesting environments with an appealing art style, as well as a fun and interesting battle system. I think I might like Final Fantasy 9 more though, and as for the last Final Fantasy game I played, lets just say it was very shallow and dull.

dbz987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#36 dbz987
Member since 2006 • 3765 Posts

The first final fantasy I played was X-2 but i didn't like it. Then i tried ff9 but i didn't have a playstation memory card so i couldn't play it.

And Last, I played FFX and it was the best game i have ever played