what old game would to remake?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

B-boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 0

#1 B-boy
Member since 2002 • 1965 Posts
the need for speed series for any plataform RE2 and RE 3 for wii U silent hill1 for ps3 Metal gear 1 and 2 for ps 3
aprioristic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 aprioristic
Member since 2012 • 41 Posts

Perhaps RE 2/3 will be RE6 dlc.

As for a remake, perhaps FF6, Clock Tower, Arcanum...ect.

There are many possibilities, yet I am certain the original artistic properties will be lost to satisfy selling expectations.

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Another48hours
Member since 2012 • 1970 Posts
The 3D Q*bert Adventure game on PS1 and others (Best platform games that's actually a platformer) needs another Adventure.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#4 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

None. I've found that remakes neer really live up to the original. Just leave the classis alone and make a sequel if one is desired.

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Another48hours

None. I've found that remakes neer really live up to the original. Just leave the classis alone and make a sequel if one is desired.

BuryMe

Wrong, Q*bert adventure remake:

Original:

And you can play the original in 3D. no contest.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

Like many people have said, I'd love to see RE2 remade just like they did with RE on the Gamecube.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

BuryMe

Most of the time, that's correct. But I can think of 2 examples done right: Resident Evil Remake, and Metroid: Zero Mission. Both were huge improvements over the originals. Regardless, I still would have rather seen true sequels rather than remakes.

MeRc_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 MeRc_10
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts

how about the old school 2D metal gear games

oh! and Jet Force Gemini for N64 (if that counts)

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

Zelda ALTTP orSuper Metroid

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

Clock Tower 2 (AKA Clock Tower in USA) or Killer7 for the 3DS.

amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 amari24
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts
I would love to see a Road Rash remake. Keep the soundtrack exactly the same but update the graphics and have an online mode with 16 players. I heard they were making a new Road Rash altogether -- but apparently it was canned before it was officially announced.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Emerald_Warrior

I would love to see a Road Rash remake. Keep the soundtrack exactly the same but update the graphics and have an online mode with 16 players. I heard they were making a new Road Rash altogether -- but apparently it was canned before it was officially announced.amari24

+1

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Emerald_Warrior

Crystalis

I want to see a remake of Crystalis, done in stunning 32-bit 2D graphics (like a lot of Saturn games and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night). That was one of the greatest games ever made on the NES, and it's shame that it has practically no legacy to speak of after it's 1 game in the series. I'd much rather see a full sequel, but if I can't get that then a remake would do nicely.

King's Field Ancient City PS2

I'd also love to see a full sequel to the King's Field games, which would be King's Field 4 in the U.S., and King's Field 5 in Japan. I absolutley love those games and know them as well as most gamers know the original Super Mario Bros. But again, if a sequel can't be made, a remake of any game in the series with a full graphical overhaul would be amazing. I love the exploration-based gameplay and challenging nature of these games.

In regards to those requesting Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and Super Metroid I say HELL NO! They are perfect the way they are, and you couldn't add anything to these masterpieces by changing them. The graphics, soundtrack, and gameplay are all spot-on. Maybe if they were simply re-released, with some full cutscenes to add to the story and maybe a secret area/dungeon to add a little more gameplay-value. But don't change what's already there.

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Another48hours

Crystalis

I want to see a remake of Crystalis, done in stunning 32-bit 2D graphics (like a lot of Saturn games and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night). That was one of the greatest games ever made on the NES, and it's shame that it has practically no legacy to speak of after it's 1 game in the series. I'd much rather see a full sequel, but if I can't get that then a remake would do nicely.

I'd also love to see a full sequel to the King's Field games, which would be King's Field 4 in the U.S., and King's Field 5 in Japan. I absolutley love those games and know them as well as most gamers know the original Super Mario Bros. But again, if a sequel can't be made, a remake of any game in the series with a full graphical overhaul would be amazing. I love the exploration-based gameplay and challenging nature of these games.

In regards to those requesting Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and Super Metroid I say HELL NO! They are perfect the way they are, and you couldn't add anything to these masterpieces by changing them. The graphics, soundtrack, and gameplay are all spot-on. Maybe if they were simply re-released, with some full cutscenes to add to the story and maybe a secret area/dungeon to add a little more gameplay-value. But don't change what's already there.

Emerald_Warrior

I disagree with your bottom statment both ALTTP and SM have a crap load of things they can improve upon.

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

Crystalis

Emerald_Warrior

There is a Crystallis remake on the GBC which I've heard it's really good, as for King's Field 5... if you think about it Demon's Souls and Dark Souls work as spiritual sequels of King's Field.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Emerald_Warrior

if you think about it Demon's Souls and Dark Souls work as spiritual sequels of King's Field.

KillerJuan77

Not at all. The similarities between the two series are greatly exaggerated.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#17 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts
  • Resident Evil 2
  • Final Fantasy V and VI
  • Metal Gear Solid 1
  • Streets of Rage
ThE-JoKeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 ThE-JoKeR
Member since 2003 • 7632 Posts
I said in an earlier post that I'm really not for classic games being remade just because of the constant disappointment. HOWEVER....if I HAD to choose one game, I would definitely vote for "Mr. Do!" Love that game!
CADMAN_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#19 CADMAN_3
Member since 2003 • 1189 Posts

Road Rash, Jet Moto

PrimeNerdity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PrimeNerdity
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Shenmue for the 360 would be great PNerd
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Emerald_Warrior

Shenmue for the 360 would be great PNerdPrimeNerdity

I think Shenmue fans might be a bit peeved if they made remake to the first game, rather then a 3rd Shenmue since they've been waiting for a conclusion to the story for a decade now. lol

PrimeNerdity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PrimeNerdity
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I didn't even think about that...
Demonfail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Demonfail
Member since 2012 • 233 Posts

I'm still wanting FFVII using the PS3's possibilites, I know they can do it, we all saw the tech demo...